Movie World Fright Nights 2016

4 hours ago, Santa07 said:

There would definitely be more than one person for each character, if a person was sick I'd think they'd be able to find a replacement wouldn't they? It could very well be an OHS issue or something along the lines of...

One scare actor missing for one night & we assume it's a OHS issue? Why jump to that conclusion? Is there some inside word on it?

maybe the girl didn't call In sick, or got there and was too sick to work and they couldn't get hold of a replacement? Maybe they screwed up the roster and decided that scare position was the one that would miss out as most wouldn't notice it missing if they hadn't been the previous night. 

Again...  There are two different groups...  One that does the opening and another that starts the night in the maze...  This means there are two people for each character you see in the maze... 

This means there are two people each night to perform each character during the evening...  This means one person being sick would not mean no one is playing that role...  It would mean one of the two people were unable to play the role...

Again...  We will know in a little over 13 hours what is really going on...  Im doing the UTT tonight so if that character is not there again tonight I will ask when I hit the terror room...  If they are able to tell me then I will let you know...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster
Remove un needed quote box

Well actually, all maze actors do 30mins on, 30 mins off for the entire night. How many people here went through the maze that night and didn't see someone there? Could it be possible that the few people who went through and posted here afterwards just happened to go through in the 30 min 'off' periods each hour 

2 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Now listen up, heres a story about the scare actor in the roof. The 2 girls that were playing that particular part are no longer there due to injuries they recieved playing the part.

And how were they injured? By the design of the maze itself? Or guests?

Just left Fright Night - it seemed so dead in some areas. Didn't seem to be much energy in the atmosphere - I spent my night in the interactive area trolling people coming out of the maze with the Killer Croc fountain lol

I'm doing the UTT tomorrow night - really hoping it picks up. At the moment it seems last year was way better. 

Atleast i got to stock up on Harley Quinn gear ?

4 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Now listen up, heres a story about the scare actor in the roof. The 2 girls that were playing that particular part are no longer there due to injuries they recieved playing the part.

This seems pretty definitive ... Would really be one to doubt this info given Janine is always pretty on the money. 

Well there you go...  Go me!!!

Managed to get all 4 mazes multiple times tonight...  Enjoyed FTDT...  Not for the story and definitely not for the space...  But really wish I could have just spent more time at the bar in the first room...

Was great that a lot of the things we brought up here after the first night have been rectified...  Stage area outside the bank was closed off as the viewing area for the opening for the UTT pass holders...  Information was given about the terror rooms in the 3 mazes when receiving the passes at the beginning of the event...  A couple of cast members were getting their makeup applied in the vip lounge area...

Also to note...  They removed one of the interactive elements from the C2 terror room and replaced it with a scare actor and are getting a much better result...

C2 was much better and the second room had lots of things going on that were not happening on opening night and a couple of new scares as well...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

On 13/10/2016 at 7:02 PM, Santa07 said:

There would definitely be more than one person for each character, if a person was sick I'd think they'd be able to find a replacement wouldn't they? It could very well be an OHS issue or something along the lines of...

Just to clarify, I was just joking about the sickie thing lol. 

Wow. I'm thinking next year they should purely just focus on the things that really make FN. The mazes and precincts. The panic rooms are a great addition, along with the UTT. But these extra things like the VR, after parties and sleepout, personally I don't think are needed. Yes, it's good to see them trying new things, and if they don't work they may no bother again. I do think they did a good job with them this year, but some parts could've been better, and the precincts are a bit underwhelming at times. With these last minute announcement of additional elements, just seems that some things were just an quick idea that they thought they'd do. In saying that, I can only the imagine the huge amount of effort and hours that are put into the event, and maybe after last year (which I think is the best FN out of the ones I've been to), i set the bar to high. I had a great time this year, but feel like they could've made it even better. 

Honestly the Catatonic VR was just part of the VR craze that's going around theme parks at the moment, I doubt we'll hear of it again because if it's not in use any more this year I'm sure by the time fright nights rolls around next year the craze will well and truly be over and there'll be new things for them to do.

The Silverwood Asylum is now back up on their website for purchasing. Renamed Silverwood Laboratory. I'm assuming that the reason the Fright Nights VR experience, Catatonic, is not running at the moment is for similar reasons to why Silverwood Asylum was removed for a short period. 

I don't see what everyone is complaining about.  I think this year was well done. The mazes were awesome! We did from Dusk til Dawn once, Wyrmwood twice, Conjuring once ( was going to do it twice but the line had just shut) and Friday the 13th three times. No problems with the mazes, scare precincts etc. Maybe those who are being critical should go out and make their own theme park and night time events. The only reviews I have to say are positive and I can't wait to go next Friday. 

47 minutes ago, AlexB said:

which was......

Apparently a lot of people felt that using the theme of an asylum, or a VR experience in which you are 'committed' was poking fun or minimising the seriousness of mental illness... The social commentary increased and it seems as though the park bowed to the 'vocal' minority 

26 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Maybe those who are being critical should go out and make their own theme park and night time events.

A review is personal, based on personal experience, which is altered by mood, experience, expectation vs reality. That will never be identical for 2 different people. 

Your comment I've quoted is ridiculous. So you have to love every movie you watch, as you can't finance & make one yourself? You have to love all the rubbish music on the radio these days, because you can't sing yourself? 

31 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Maybe those who are being critical should go out and make their own theme park and night time events.

That's why I said, I can't imagine the amount of effort and hours that are put into making the event. I do think they did a good job this year, but compared some of the previous years, this years wasn't quite as good. And after seeing what is possible, this year in some areas/parts felt a little flat or could've been pushed even further to be made even better. I loved the conjuring Maze. I thought the improvements to Wyrmwood were great, the other two mazes were a little disappointing for me (F13 because of how awesome it was last year) but still thought they were solid. The characters in the precincts were good, and I thought the scares in Appirations were great, but the Precinct could've been bigger. Yes all these things cost more, but the amount of extra value they add to each night, and the experience everyone gets out of it would make it all worth while. But as said, this is just my opinion on it.

3 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

I don't see what everyone is complaining about.  I think this year was well done. The mazes were awesome! We did from Dusk til Dawn once, Wyrmwood twice, Conjuring once ( was going to do it twice but the line had just shut) and Friday the 13th three times. No problems with the mazes, scare precincts etc. Maybe those who are being critical should go out and make their own theme park and night time events. The only reviews I have to say are positive and I can't wait to go next Friday. 

On the first night the group of us there were specifically told the park was looking forward to the reviews and information about improvements they could make...  Without the "critical" comments how can the park gauge what is well done and what needs tweaking?