Happy 25th birthday/anniversary WB Movie World

I know the park had their celebrations today, but I wish they made a bigger deal about it. When I went to Universal Studios Japan back in March they were celebrating their 15th anniversary, with a big sign out the front, promotions all around the park, a special parade, tonnes of merchandise, and multiple attractions to celebrate.

image.jpeg

I know it's Universal, and not saying they need to do it to that scale, but I feel like MW could have had a sign out the front like this one, promoting the celebration. An celebrations for a couple of weeks, rather than just the smaller banners down Main Street.

I have to agree, I was fairly disappointed that nothing else special happened throughout the day yesterday, that's why I left at 11am. I do wonder if even the cake cutting was organised as a last minute event. When I went into guest services earlier in the week and asked if they were doing anything special for Friday, I was told he didn't know of anything and that they have been focusing more on celebrating throughout the year, instead of one week/day. There were quite a few other people asking in the lead up, too. Maybe that's what made them realise that they *should* be doing something more?

I mean I only heard/read about the cake cutting ceremony being at 10am via another theme parks FB page, and that was one hour prior. Only just made it there on time! I kinda expected it to be part of the parade later in the day.

They didn't really openly advertise it,  which I think is a shame. They could have had a much bigger turnout otherwise.

Oh well. There is always their 30th, right??? ???

I have to agree. It's a little disappointing there wasn't really anything going on either on social media or in the park. No "come help us celebrate 25 years" etc. Should have had some old footage shown in Roxy of a history of the park along with old movie props and stuff that has been done at the studios over the years. 

it is a little disappointing, but given there is so much going on right now with VRTP, I think in this case it was a matter of it being overlooked, and then at the last minute when people realised the date, we've quickly rushed out some cups, made a cake.... here's hoping they really put something massive into their 30th.

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, themagician said:

it is a real shame MW never did a one off night event to celebrate 25 years.

This newspaper article indicates that Illuminanza wasn't a 'one-off' - it went daily for about a month plus this other newspaper article indicates Illuminanza returned for a near month-long period to celebrate MW's 3rd birthday in 1994.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan