Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

If you are referring to the weather vane atop the Chapel, it's always been there

Ah okay I never noticed it. It looked new to me that's all.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Or if you are referring to all the TNT, yeah I noticed.

TNT is a common prop used in both westerns and cartoons. A sign that said Road Runner crossing or a silhouette hole of the coyote in a wall ( think roger rabbit) or a box that says Acme Catapult etc would be a reference to Road Runner cartoons but just random sticks of TNT? Seems a bit too generic to be a Easter Egg. There is the possibility of course that you are using sarcasm for no apparent reason.

Edited by FoolishMortal999

1 hour ago, ash.1111 said:

Rode WWF yesterday. Seemed all of the effects were wayyy off time. I also noticed some strobe lights at the top of the final drop - are they new? A simple fog machine + strobes would be a welcome addition up there.

When I last rode it there definitely wasn't a  strobe light up there, or a fog machine. And since the the refurb it really seems like all effects are having some issues with timing, especially the train one.

Rode this on Monday.  The peppers ghost at the first turntable seemed significantly improved, but the rest of it was pretty meh.  The ghost town was pretty depressing - looked like not much was working there.  I thought I remembered a video clip at the top of the final drop but must have been mistaken.

There has always been a distinct lack of animation out back, despite the overall fantastic setting/ambience. The addition of dynamite and numerous signage throughout as well as the re-dressed bridge scene are all welcome improvements however the Scenes themselves are still most definitely lacking Kinetic energy. Hopefully come next refurbishment this will be looked at.

I was also a little disappointed to see they hadn't cleaned up/ repainted the Geyser area - even after months of closure I would have hoped the bunches of dead leaves and dirt around the molten rock formations could have at least been properly addressed.

Edited by MickeyD

• 4 weeks later...

Went on WWF for the second time yesterday  since it's refurb and there were still a number of elements not working correctly, such as the timing of the train sound effects, town population changing and the miner when going up the lift hill, he keeps saying the line over and over, not just when you pass him, and at times some of the audio cut out and he'd start saying the line again. But I didn't notice how clean the water was, especially before the first lift hill and after the final drop. It was that clear that you could see the floor.