Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

56 minutes ago, bladex said:

you put it in a bathtub full of acid than watch it eat through the floor!

"Discovery's hit show first tested the hydrofluoric acid to see just how much the toxic substance can do. Using small samples of each item found commonly in bathrooms"...  "learned that the HF acid didn't do much of anything. The steel, linoleum and wood were pretty much unaffected, while the drywall was turned into a "soupy mush." The little piece of pork that substituted as the dead criminal was a bit softer, but nothing like the bloody glob that crashed through Jesse Pinkman's hallway ceiling.

"On "Breaking Bad," Pinkman used two gallons of the HF, but "MythBusters" used something even stronger: 6 gallons total of sulfuric acid and what they called "special sauce."

" The results? Pig goo that "MythBusters" star Jamie Hyneman called "one of the ugliest things I've ever seen." But even the stronger stuff (which Walt and Jesse didn't use on the show) wasn't able to make a dent in the tub or the flooring. "

http://www.today.com/popculture/mythbusters-proves-breaking-bads-walt-needs-some-more-schooling-6C10904583

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I reckon MW should invest in relevant themed fence wrap for each area (really only 2-3 anyway)

i mean, there's not that much greenery in the Wild West... Bit of an eyesore.

even a simple western bar/saloon style image with a few wanted posters would look awesome. 

I don't like agreeing with people on the internet, but this I agree with. 

We used to complain about the bare fencing, or worse, the plain white, or logo panels. they went with green and we all loved it - now its been around a while, it's time to complain about that too.

I'd love themed panels for each area, but it'd get used maybe once a year? thats a lot of extra stuff to store, and it probably wouldn't get stored too well either. then when it gets damaged and needs replacing, you have to get more printed - or hold a lot of extras in stock. starts to become very expensive and i for one would rather they devote their cash to other more important things - like readable maps during construction, or better signage at each closed attraction.

1 minute ago, JaggedJanine said:

A bunch of vehicles in the area today. Spoke to a maintenance guy yesterday and he said that the turntables are getting looked at and having old parts replaced. Also the western town before the big climb in the mine shaft is being stripped back and will be redecorated and weathered.

IMG_3660.jpg

https://goo.gl/Q7fy4C

While I sat for about 10 minutes for them to test DD, I realised how many people thought WWF was still open, and thought there was another access to it. I thought people were exaggerating the amount of people thought they could get to it, but I was wrong. Having the sign where it is is fine. But it needs to say that WWF is closed, cos people were thinking it was for DD.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, djrappa said:

No amount of signs is going to fix that. 

many-signs.jpg

I wanted an exaggerated 'heaps of signs in one place' photo to respond to your post - but now i've got this one here, i'm just trying to figure out how a pig, a set of boobs, and a peace symbol come together - and then I realised its done as a joke. Now I want to see the rest of the signs on the roundabout...