Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

why what is the point the soaking you get at the end is more than efficient and it builds up to the anticipation. if you were already soaked and get even more soaked at the end IMO it wouldn't be as fun. the water spurts etc and the water coming out of the water tower are meant to be a tease you think your going to get wet but you don't than at the end it lets you have it!

Edited by bladex

Let's agree to disagree. I also think your meant sufficient, as let's face it, if water is spraying up in the air, there is no change to efficiency whether it lands on you or misses. 

I think a decent splash of water from "old faithful" after the backwards drop would not take away from the final drop, for which the anticipation is as much about the drop itself than getting wet. Would also help cool you down for the meandering around the Indian grounds and western town in the 30+ degree heat.. 

I'd like to see small spurts throughout to give that 'who's gonna cop it' effect - i'm thinking like the raptors on Jurassic park - but in this case not an animal - maybe just a leaky overhead water channel - spurts a constant stream of water into the middle of the channel, and the boat goes right under it.

Or like the falling rocks damaging the water trough which at one time spurted water?  Also have to remember with Ol Faithful that wind direction and strength can have a big affect on how wet people get going past it...  Sometimes the whole amount ends up in / over the boat, other times it misses completely, sometimes it hits the boat going through the ghost town area...

i think old faithful, like most geysers on flumes and rapids have a 'winter' and a 'summer' setting - and are timed specifically to either just miss, or soak the boat.

it could be that you always ride on the 'winter' setting, as i've personally been soaked by the geyser. (it doesn't have to be winter to be on the winter setting either). I'm not saying WWF has this setting, just going off experience with other similar rides.

2 hours ago, rac2703 said:

Is this a trick question? :huh: :P

Haha.. Good pick up. You know what I meant 

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

i think old faithful, like most geysers on flumes and rapids have a 'winter' and a 'summer' setting - and are timed specifically to either just miss, or soak the boat.

it could be that you always ride on the 'winter' setting, as i've personally been soaked by the geyser. (it doesn't have to be winter to be on the winter setting either). I'm not saying WWF has this setting, just going off experience with other similar rides.

Yeah I clearly remember Snowy River have a summer/winter setting. Maybe it's just me but I've never been in a boat on WWF hit by those geyers, even in the middle of summer.