Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

Warner Bros. Movie World's Attraction Wild West Falls is going down for Annual Maintenance.

During this time the ride is getting a much needed facelift. 

Any thoughts  on the possibility's of the new Special Effects for this Attraction

image.jpeg

Hopefully they will be repainting the whole mountain, because to my knowledge I don't think it's ever been done, if it has probably only once. Regarding effects I'd like them to add a couple at the beginning before the first lift hill. They used to have that small crane moving back and forth, so I think they should replace the space, rather than having just a pile of dirt. And hopefully repaints and fix ups of effects through the back area of the ride, as well as adding some new, or replacing current effects. 

I always compare new attractions by the ones they replace - my belief is whatever's new should entertain better in some fashion or another to deserve being put there in the first place. Take Gremlins & Scooby as a perfect example of this - Gremlins was a great attraction and while I was sad to see that go Scooby Doo is an infinitely better attraction.

With that in mind, after the fire in the boiler room it never has quite been the same. And I get it, rides get older, things break, simple fixes are applied, no problem, but after a while rides experience a death by a thousand cuts and they lose their lustre (think Wipeout). I'd love to see Wild West Falls return its former glory, and even given some modern love and ingenuity. To be fair, the ride's nearly two decades old, it's ripe for it to be given a new leah on life, and for Movie World's annual members a new reason to come back and check out what's new.

I'd love to see the Holograms get a freshen up and the audio cleared up, too. They could have lighting cues inside the native american huts so that they light up as you go past. And naturally, to see the boiler room return back to its former glory would be awesome. What does everyone else think?

I agree with you @Slick. I think little touches the story and theming would be great, as you said with lighting inside the huts and updating the projections. I think some smoke blasts/effects would also be good through the town as the shooting happens. And I don't think they'll add all the effects that were at the top of the lift hill before the fire, but something extra needs to happen. An idea could be to get rid of the mirror and add a tv/projection showing some txt being lit and about to explode, and thats why you have to escape the mountain.

28 minutes ago, ash.1111 said:

To be honest, I'd love to see the entire section out back converted to a dark ride section. Lots of opportunities to add something really awesome, especially with lighting effects and fog/haze.

Push? 

I'd be happy with it either being restored to its heyday or rethemed into something new but just as exciting. NOT a PASS>HWSD style refurb though. 

Just now, reanimated35 said:

Push? 

I'd be happy with it either being restored to its heyday or rethemed into something new but just as exciting. NOT a PASS>HWSD style refurb though. 

Hey, if I had my way we'd have a lot more indoor dark ride sections on rides :D But honestly it would vastly improve the ride and make the whole thing a lot more immersive for probably not a huge amount of money (I could be wrong on that, though).

13 minutes ago, themagician said:

Thinking about it, there would be some positives for making the back section indoors, but they wouldn't do it because of the costing. And they can make the experience just as good, if the right effects are added.

I do agree it won't happen, but it could net some great effects. I do hope the ghost town gets a bit more "wow" added to it. Perhaps even some animatronics up the final lift hill could be cool.

2 hours ago, westical said:

These year long megathreads are the worst for encouraging discussion, especially from new members. 

Particularly for members who haven't logged on in a while, and re-ask questions that were answered 10 pages previously. It's not a complaint about those members, but topic specific stuff can get lost in the vastness that is the megathreads.

The last time I was here the doors atop the last hill were opening at different speeds, would be nice to see them sync that back up.

It would be nice to see them put a roll effect on the final chain lift, just to have something else going on there.

I'd also be keen to see a bit of a re-theme. At the moment it feels a lot like disparate parts tacked together. The first mention of explosives is at the bridge, with the first mining reference now at the entry to the chain lift tunnel. Perhaps a voice over playing in the different areas to provide a reason as to why you're in the boat and floating around.

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

Short of demolishing the entire ride, I don't see it happening.

they don't need to. just need a new paint job on the mountain to turn it into a joker cave. than replace the wild west town with a cityscape, leave the bridge and railway (might need new paint job theme) since J is always blowing stuff up anyway. Replace the Indian village with...something else (feel free to pitch ideas!) change the video on the tv at the top with a speech by mr J than finally re-theme the cars to a bat boat

= PROFIT!

3 hours ago, ads086 said:

I'd also be keen to see a bit of a re-theme. At the moment it feels a lot like disparate parts tacked together. The first mention of explosives is at the bridge, with the first mining reference now at the entry to the chain lift tunnel. Perhaps a voice over playing in the different areas to provide a reason as to why you're in the boat and floating around.

I don't think it would be hard to add some sort of cohesive backing story. You board a cruise through the Wild West before some outlaws hijack your boat, and send you on a trip through the "real" wild west, filled with outlaws, abandoned mines, and ghost towns. Simple enough, but it would add some sense without having to change all that much of the ride.