Wild West Falls Refurbishment

dmh

yes my bet as far as all the effects still not working well is that the park decided to open with what they had so as to ensure adequate capacity during school holidays. I'm fairly certain we'll see it go down again for a little while once the holidays are over to complete the refurb with all effects up to scratch, and potentially some additional ones they haven't put in yet due to time crunch.

Exactly @AlexB ? The fact the initial maintenance time was extended by 2 weeks, with the deadline being the very first day of the school holidays, clearly indicates to me that they took all the time they had left available to get it rushed open for peak crowds. Obviously the major work had been completed, but they have quite a few of the little things to sort out still. I'm sure they will ?

16 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

My apologies if I caused offence. When I said this...:

...I was only trying to be helpful. I saw you only made 5 posts at the time so I thought you were relatively new to Parkz. Even if you weren't a new member, I probably would have posted that anyway as from what you wrote here...:

...I thought you might not have known that Gold Coast theme park management look at the forums regularly.

In case you were thinking it, I also definitely did not think you were being sarcastic or thinking I'm pointing out something obvious.

Again, apologies if I offended you.

Apology accepted. While I may have only made a handful of comments in this discussion of wwf, I have visited Warner Bros Movieworld quite a number of times between 1998 and 2015, and have been on wwf ride a few times each time I came to Movieworld. The last time being January 2015. As I haven't been on it since then, but plan to later on this year or next year. It's been interesting to hear everybody's opinions and thoughts regarding the ride. Hope to see more opinions and thoughts on wwf from a wide range of people - members to this forum or not.

Edited by Meg

21 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I saw you only made 5 posts at the time so I thought you were relatively new to Parkz.

4 hours ago, Meg said:

While I may have only made a handful of comments in this discussion of wwf, I have visited Warner Bros Movieworld quite a number of times between 1998 and 2015, and have been on wwf ride a few times each time I came to Movieworld.

I meant 5 posts in the whole Parkz forums. And in case you're thinking it, I wasn't questioning the number of times you've been on WWF and/or been to MW. I haven't been to MW for over 5 years myself.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

8 minutes ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

I think they might have encountered a problem with the big drop at the end, the water isnt actually coming down the tracks. It was bone dry when i was there yesterday.

Thanks Captain obvious.

On 9/25/2016 at 11:50 AM, MaxxTheMonster said:

Water not going on final drop...  

On 9/25/2016 at 1:36 PM, Santa07 said:

water over the drop were all not working yesterday

On 9/25/2016 at 10:08 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

I've also heard through the grapevine that apparently they have had problems with a water pump, and currently waiting for parts to come in. This may explain why the water on the final drop still isn't working.

These three posts alone (whilst not necessarily the first, or only people to mention the water off on the final drop) all mentioned this on the last page alone. Please do try to keep up with the threads before posting information we already know, and have discussed at length. 

3 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Thanks Captain obvious.

These three posts alone (whilst not necessarily the first, or only people to mention the water off on the final drop) all mentioned this on the last page alone. Please do try to keep up with the threads before posting information we already know, and have discussed at length. 

Jeezuz... sorry

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

Thanks Captain obvious.

Thanks, mod.

On 26/09/2016 at 7:32 AM, Theme Park Girl said:

Exactly @AlexB ? The fact the initial maintenance time was extended by 2 weeks, with the deadline being the very first day of the school holidays, clearly indicates to me that they took all the time they had left available to get it rushed open for peak crowds. Obviously the major work had been completed, but they have quite a few of the little things to sort out still. I'm sure they will ?

Will they have much time before leavers/schoolies starts?  Does the Indy cars' crowd affect the parks much?

Not sure. But I don't think there's any major work to be done on the ride, mainly just fine tuning with the technical side of things, from what I've seen. So I don't think it would take them long to finish bringing it up to speed. I reckon they would likely definitely get it all done before school and the GC 600. 

6 minutes ago, Jakev8 said:

First time i'v been on wild west falls for a few years. Where the train bridge is now spilt in half, was that part of the refurb or done before the refurb?

And the train on the left, does anyone know if that is one of the old one's that use to run around seaworld?

On 9/26/2016 at 4:55 PM, Santa07 said:

Read the thread...

(answers to your questions are yes and yes btw)

I've noticed the population sign doesn't  work ( and the gear box behind is no longer there) and wow do they have enough TNT props and signage? Wow. 

I feel like they should have the railway explosion sound fx a couple of seconds before you see the bridge otherwise it doesn't make sense that the bridge has already fallen to pieces before you hear the explosion and maybe a backdrop to hide the parade floats behind the ghost town.