E3 2016

Jay Jay The Jet Plane

Though it' been announced a bit earlier, my personal favorite is Mass Effect Andromeda. I simply adore Bioware's storytelling and (KotOR aside) ME games have one of the best plots I've had the pleasure to experience. Even with its somewhat unfortunate ending.

48 minutes ago, joey said:

Hey, thank you for the welcome @Theme Park Ninja

I have a custom built PC. Intel i5/Radeon R9 270/8Gigs of ram. The rest is just standard. No console here, waiting for the PSNeo :)

It all comes down to what settings you plan on using to get the frame rate up. It would probably hit 30 on low with maybe some stuff up to medium, however it's more likely the CPU that will be your bottleneck first. Assuming based off your other choices it was a budget build so I assume a low-mid range i5? 

@reanimated35 Actually no :) I aimed for a better, a bit future proof CPU/MB/PSU combo, but saved money on other components. CPU is Core i5 4670K and the board is ASUS Z97C. With Noctua NH-D14 it runs a stable 4.5GHz 24/7. The money was mostly saved on ssd (120GB), ram (8GB, though it is dirty cheap these days), case, but mostly on GPU, I got a R9 270. I mean, the card is more than enough for MOBA and an occasional drive in GTA IV (you read it well, I like Niko :D).

Edited by joey

Ah nice, Yeah if you want to run a game like that, I'd suggest a bit extra ram and if you want higher quality, a newer video card. but that setup should be fine for low/medium.

Keep in mind though EA's likely to release some half-assed buggy as shit release that needs 10000000 patches just to load past the main menu.

@reanimated35

I know about the RAM and I was actually planing an upgrade, another 8 GB now I have a 2x4 GB 2133 Corsair kit - (this is the cheapest one I found, so I can pair them up without issues http://www.shoppingexpress.com.au/buy/corsair-8gb-vengeance-pro-2133mhz-ddr3-2x4gb/CMY8GX3M2A2133C11). About the graphics card, I think I'll wait till the next year and AMD vega, so the prices of NVidia GTX10X0 level up nicely.

Edit: I do hope it won't be buggy :)

@Theme Park Ninja

Have you seen this one? It is hilarious :D

Edited by joey
Update

5 hours ago, joey said:

Well, I figure if I have to go below 1080p, my monitors native res, I'd rather swap my GPU than play the game under those circumpstances.

Fair enough. I've got a gtx 550ti which struggles ever so slightly to stay above 60fps in BF4 at 1080p on low, thinking of upgrading to a newer GPU and downloading more ram, should be good for a few more years off of that.