Dreamworld Q&A

20 minutes ago, The Original Belinda Brown said:

Wow... where is the trust Skeetafly? I've said we had some upkeep to do, that we have some areas we needed to improve first, a few new activations that allow variations of the business to develop as quickly as the demand for them, such as our events. I didn't say it was never happening. You have to remember that we see ourselves as a little bit for everyone, and that is what we do, add a little bit of everything and all to a greater plan. TOT isn't too old, he just has a headache and will be back soon. 

@The Original Belinda BrownYou have lead straight to my next question.  When DW first opened up is was very much inspired by Disney.  MW & SW pretty much says what they are in there name.  What is DW direction or idea of what is it?

Now the Koalas’ have their own dating site are you thinking of cashing in Kenny?

Edited by skeetafly

Hi @The Original Belinda Brown

Thanks for all this insightful info, and I'm glad we can have an official team member from DW on this site.

As Ninja said, would you be able to inform us about where the new LEGO store is going, or an approximate area if you aren't allowed to give full details.

Most other questions I had have been answered, but just wondering when TI does reopen, will the Cub Kindy be removed and left as open space, or will something be installed, whether its seating, store, shading, etc.

24 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

I forgot that you guys were building the Lego store, silly me :P where abouts is it going? the Fairy Tale shop? somewhere in  Market Place? 

THE FAIRYTALE SHOP??? ARE YOU MAD?? It will be located near Front Entry. Let the speculation begin. 

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hey Belinda

You almost got all the questions except mine one of which was answered.

Was wondering what the plans are for the old Skylink Chairlift whether it be re-opening it or removing and replacing it with another attraction.

I'm no engineer or anything but as its all still standing it wouldn't take much to other then most likely new stations.

Skylink is not coming back. Yes, we should find time to remove the old towers. It has been replaced with new attractions a few times over in the time it has been gone. 

10 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

@The Original Belinda BrownYou have lead straight to my next question.  When DW first opened up is was very much inspired by Disney.  MW & SW pretty much says what they are in there name.  What is DW direction or idea of what is it?

Movie-World, Sea-World... Dream-World. We were built from a dream to have an Australian style Disney inspired park. Something to be much loved, by many, for many different reasons. The direction is to remain an Australian Celebration, which is why we have started with the Corroboree project. To celebrate all elements of Australia with some theatrics. Direction and plans, identity discussion can go on for days and are all part of bigger strategies. At the end of the day, all those memories you had of Dreamworld when you were a kid, that become treasured memories are the same ideals driving us today. 

16 minutes ago, themagician said:

Hi @The Original Belinda Brown

Thanks for all this insightful info, and I'm glad we can have an official team member from DW on this site.

As Ninja said, would you be able to inform us about where the new LEGO store is going, or an approximate area if you aren't allowed to give full details.

Most other questions I had have been answered, but just wondering when TI does reopen, will the Cub Kindy be removed and left as open space, or will something be installed, whether its seating, store, shading, etc.

Hey, 

I touched on Lego above.

Cub Kindy will remain an activation space but the cubs will become part of Tiger Island when their real home reopens. 

7 minutes ago, themagician said:

I'm thinking this could be the location of the LEGO store:

The press release said the store would be accessible both from inside and outside the park. Your suggestion wouldn't make it possible for the 'inside' aspect. its going to have to be somewhere on the fenceline... and the fairy shop would have made SOME sense (barring lockers\toilets).... I guess we'll have to keep a look out for survey markers and (wo)men with tape measures.

1 hour ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

I forgot that you guys were building the Lego store, silly me :P where abouts is it going? the Fairy Tale shop? somewhere in  Market Place? 

Given it was confirmed at the time of announcement that it will have an external entrance, and no only be open to DW visitors, I think it's safe to say it Will be going in and around the marketplace area somewhere

My money is on Lego going in this area.

Or at least I think that's the area I'm referring to. That last shop just as you leave the park, I think it used to sell showbags or something? Easy enough to convert the concertina door into a solid wall/roller-door or something and isolate the rest of the park from the outside world. 

Would I be right @The Original Belinda Brown (side note - what happened to your banner and display pic?)

here.JPG

4 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

My money is on Lego going in this area.

Or at least I think that's the area I'm referring to. That last shop just as you leave the park, I think it used to sell showbags or something? Easy enough to convert the concertina door into a solid wall/roller-door or something and isolate the rest of the park from the outside world. 

Would I be right @The Original Belinda Brown (side note - what happened to your banner and display pic?)

here.JPG

You mean this shop? ?

20160615_133210.jpg

I actually took a pic of it a couple of days ago because guest services pretty much confirmed for me that that's where the new logo store would be going.

They also said that they are almost ready to start work on it! Might explain as well why this shop was still closed around 2pm Wed arvo. I reckon they are preparing to empty it? 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

Re the idea of a coaster on the island, it may be difficult for a few reasons.

-Environmental overlays on the site, habitat destruction etc.

-Difficulty in getting piling rigs and other construction equipment onto the site

-Proximity of the ride to the wildlife area.

I'm sure the island conjures up images of a coaster darting through the trees, but the challenge I think would be trying to gain access to the site without knocking a large number of said trees down.

Personally I'd rather not see a Coaster go on ibis Island. There's something serene about having a somewhat untouched nature reserve in the middle of a theme park. I've learnt to appreciate this whilst standing next to the river at the Aussie Sheep Shearing show shed. 

If you think about all the other theme parks, most of them are artificially man made grounds now. Movie World is surrounded by swamp, but everything in inside has been placed there, iykwim. I know that's how ibis Island and the river started off at DW, but it's since become a habitat for a lot of wildlife. It also gives the park an 'Aussie outback' feel, which is perfect for the Corroboree. 

If anything was to go on that Island, I'd rather see something like what Sea World had in its early days with their adventure island - a playground made of ropes and logs, that blends into its environment. Kids would love that, especially if a couple of secure bridges were built to access it, or even a little ferry doing scheduled runs back and forth.

The foundations and jetties are already there in a couple of places from past use. And if it's done right, no trees will have to be removed, and it can still be utilised as a habitat for the animals which are happy to share with humans. I'm sure some boundaries can be set either way. 

@The Original Belinda Brown have Dreamworld ever considered doing something like this for ibis Island, as opposed to a modern day amusement/thrill ride of sorts? 

Legit made an account to ask 3 questions on this. 

1. What was the reason behind closing laser tag. It is was my main reason for going and now I've just have flow and the same old rides I've been riding for 10 years (ToT ftw) any chance of seeing her back in action?

2. The flowrider used to have music that was seperate from the park tunes. You used to be able to know who's operating the ride just by what playlist was playing. It really set the mood for the place and made it a great place to chill then carve up the wave. Any chance of getting separate music back. 

What are the chances of having "membership" style add on for flow aswell. MSAC in Melbourne have a great system to get people on the flow. Like members only sessions one free flow a day and discounts during winter. I'm sure it works brilliantly for those guys so why not give it a go here. 

Cheers :)

Edited by ClassyDaedra

8 hours ago, j_m-kelly said:

Why isn't the water underneath the Wipeout filled up as much as it used to be before the water restricitions?

I think you'll find that it's because whenever the Wipeout plays up, which has been pretty often this year, they need to drain it completely so mechanics can access the underside of it. Those little panels along its bottom is how they access its insides, circuitry and what not. 

Imagine how long it would take if it was completely full every time? And we all know the old girl, as much as we love her, has been causing Dreamworld a few headaches of late ?

19 minutes ago, ClassyDaedra said:

Legit made an account to ask 3 questions on this. 

1. What was the reason behind closing laser tag. It is was my main reason for going and now I've just have flow and the same old rides I've been riding for 10 years (ToT ftw) any chance of seeing her back in action?

I'm pretty sure they closed it because it was expensive to run, it only runs as a maze attraction while they decide what the best replacement for the attraction is..image.jpeg

11 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Personally I'd rather not see a Coaster go on ibis Island. There's something serene about having a somewhat untouched nature reserve in the middle of a theme park. I've learnt to appreciate this whilst standing next to the river at the Aussie Sheep Shearing show shed. 

If you think about all the other theme parks, most of them are artificially man made grounds now. Movie World is surrounded by swamp, but everything in inside has been placed there, iykwim. I know that's how ibis Island and the river started off at DW, but it's since become a habitat for a lot of wildlife. It also gives the park an 'Aussie outback' feel, which is perfect for the Corroboree. 

If anything was to go on that Island, I'd rather see something like what Sea World had in its early days with their adventure island - a playground made of ropes and logs, that blends into its environment. Kids would love that, especially if a couple of secure bridges were built to access it, or even a little ferry doing scheduled runs back and forth.

The foundations and jetties are already there in a couple of places from past use. And if it's done right, no trees will have to be removed, and it can still be utilised as a habitat for the animals which are happy to share with humans. I'm sure some boundaries can be set either way. 

@The Original Belinda Brown have Dreamworld ever considered doing something like this for ibis Island, as opposed to a modern day amusement/thrill ride of sorts? 

Yea sounds fair enough but how about they get rid of big brother house (such a waste of space) no sensible person watches that show, lots of room then for future development