Pokemon Go

Jay Jay The Jet Plane

So...  Went to RACQ Motorfest on Sunday and friend drove...  He has Pokemon Go and so heading from Eagle Farm Racecourse back to Beenleigh he decided on going via the Domestic and International Airports Drop Off and Pick Up ramps, Brisbane, then out to Victoria Point and back through Redland Bay...  Wonderful Sunday afternoon drive...  All while I'm furiously grabbing all the Pokemon and PokeStops I could...  Apparently Dratini loves hanging out at the International Airport, along with Magicarp...  Also managed to grab a Bulbasaur driving past the Fernwood at Loganholme...

Get back to his house and alert for a pokemon 4 houses up...  His brothers place...  Shot him a message and the first reply was "???"...  15 minutes later comes...  Yeah it was a Rattata...

Also rather amusing yesterday watching kids walking up and down the street, stopping at the intersection outside our house and catching Pokemon...  And people walking around Beenleigh at 9 at night playing...

35 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Be careful taking photos near the kids water fountain. You don't want someone to get the wrong idea.

Thanks for letting me know, I had no one questioning me what I was doing on Saturday, will make sure I do it at another "fountain" instead, did anyone watch the Pokemon Go part on ACA earlier tonight?

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

11 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

Thanks for letting me know, I had no one questioning me what I was doing on Saturday, will make sure I do it at another "fountain" instead, did anyone watch the Pokemon Go part on ACA earlier tonight?

What little respect I had left for you is so far gone now knowing you watch ACA...

44 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I didn't watch it one of my friends told me that Pokemon Go was on ACA, and you lost respect for me ages ago? did I do something that got you pissed off with me?  or is my sarcasm dector broken again? ?

One day you'll learn. Today will not be that day.

3 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

did anyone watch the Pokemon Go part on ACA earlier tonight?

You'd be better off watching Fox News than ACA, some of the things they rant about is really dumb.

Also, Pokemon Go is an OK game in it's own right, but it does not live up to the originals. I've moved to playing Ruby & Sapphire on my phone instead of playing this, since that is a far better game. If the game was an RPG like the originals, I would absolutely be convinced that it wouldn't be as popular as it is now.

I hate it that Nintendo has attracted fanboys to a good franchise a la Fast & Furious (ie. People become obsessed with F&F after Furious 7 comes out and pretend they are a fan purely because Paul Walker has died) and that what has happened with this game. Look at all the people playing Pokemon Go now, and for years I was labelled as gay at school for playing Pokemon on the original DS.

@reanimated35 Here's another one: "Scott Morrison faces bigotry for being a bigot. Are other straight white men next in line? Our exclusive investigation into the Treasurer's intelligence- up next"

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Game has gone to shit with all the extra countries being added. Constantly unable to login. When logged in it will crash when trying to catch Pokemon. Going to look at avoiding it until they get it sorted out. Reminds me a lot of the launch of SimCity, requires internet access to play, can't do anything as the servers are constantly overloaded.

Say what you will about this game but it has succeeded (with me at least) in getting me to do what drs have been telling me to do for years...  Get off my ass and do some exercise...

Yesterday I had a day off and would normally sit down in from of the computer and game all day...  Instead I ended up walking around a couple of suburbs for a couple hours hitting pokestops and gyms...

10km later finally got home...  Add to this the daily 2km I am now walking...  All equals 1kg lost since last Thursday evening...

I just might be able to start experiencing some of the rides at the parkz again by the end of the year :)