2004 Thrill Ride Construction

Richard

i just got an email from dreamworld and she said the thrill ride is planned to open in september but nothing is official, she said shes not allowed to release any info about the new ride, but can tell me that its a very large thrill ride, hint meaning the gyro swing. Info about the ride should be realeased in 2 months

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got an email from dreamworld and she said the thrill ride is planned to open in september but nothing is official, she said shes not allowed to release any info about the new ride, but can tell me that its a very large thrill ride, hint meaning the gyro swing. Info about the ride should be released in 2 months

Last update was last Friday. I haven't seen it since then, but I can't imagine that it's progressed that significantly since then. The footers are reasonably fresh, and they alone will take a few weeks to set properly, so you can't have anything attached to them until after this. I may be there some time on the weekend. I'll be down at the coast, but I don't know if I'll be able to get to Dreamworld. If not, there'll be the usual update next Friday.

He,He,He,yeah,aren't they like the whole year for the price of three?I don't have that luxury,because while I can easily afford it :cool: I would have to pay for someone elses pass in my family,seeing as I'm only twelve :mad: and that would cost a hell of a lot (for me)coz after a while I'd definitley get bored with going to the same park with the same person.Besides,I'd never be able to choose between the Gold Coast parks :D

Next year I'm going to have to pay the adult fare,so i've been going to alot of theme parks in the past few years.By my Thirteenth b-day next March,I'll have gone to AussieWorld,Dreamworld,Seaworld,Movie world and Wet 'n' Wild.Dreamworld twice so that makes.....5 theme parks six times :D

Scotty, you know all that would easily fit into one post old son.... My choice would definitely be Movie World if I bought one. Then again I wouldn't get one, because I'd probably get bored with it if I kept going back. My once or twice a year specials are gold. I also note that Scooby is a long way down your list... What's the story there? I'll give you that they're all very impressive rides, however Scooby surely has to rate higher.

Hmmm,well not everyones opinion is the same Daniel,but I still see your point.Yes,Scooby is good,In terms of layout and theming,but I still tend to lean to velocity and height.It's very close between Scooby and Wild West Falls.I love theming of Wild West and the speed of it,not to mention the little indian reserves and ghost town's which goes under theming for me.With Scooby,I love the track layout(especially the backwards drop)and the vortex of light.Not to mention the good surprise at the end.So as you can see it's a oretty hard descision for me.

Gradually getting off topic here but if I create a new thread for this little chat it is likely that no one will keep posting in it :rolleyes: I agree with Daniel and would definitely buy a season pass to Movie World. But I also prefer just visiting a park once every year or so (pref. only when a new attraction opens). I am a huge fan of Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster but what is the 'surprise' at the end that everyone keeps talking about? I don't think I noticed it when I was last at MW

You can't expect Dreamworld to get a giant version. They wouldn't be able to justify it while getting the attendance they do. I'm not sure what the capacity of the giant version is, but they have 3 sizes. The version I have seen was a 40 seater and that would be sufficient for Dreamworld, any bigger and it would be inefficient (there's that subject again). Think about it could you imagine how long it would take for a cycle if the ride was the giant version? Anyway can't wait to get on the ride once it opens, no matter how big or small it is. "The Bus is now leaving for Giants Dyke Mountain, NSW"

Fair enough on getting the smaller version. I don't doubt that it'll be a great ride - my experience tells me it will. Having said that though, the larger version would without doubt been a far more exciting ride, more "thrilling" or "extreme" if you will. What does annoy me is that this ride will be considered a major attraction and marketed as one. Meanwhile Knott's Berry Farm, a park not that much larger in size and a very very similar park to Dreamworld, gets the same thing with little if any fanfare. I know the comparisons with USA parks are probably getting tired (still have a few articles to release doing just that on the main site though!), but it goes to show that Dreamworld really, despite claims that they are renowned for biggest rides (TOT and Giant Drop are two rides out of a few dozen, which have since been well and truly surpassed by superior products), really aren't. Not everything has to be the biggest, and maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but Dreamworld will market it as such, "Tallest Gyro Swing in the Southern Hemisphere!", which is my ownly real gripe at this stage, and obviously it wouldn't be an issue until after the ride's marketing kicks off. Tony Braxton-Smith will be giving a seminar at the AALARA Conference 2004 down at the Gold Coast this year, on the topic of "Geting More Out of Your Rides - Marketing Techniques & Tips", July 28 (in case you're interested WVTP's Steve Peet is also giving a seminar the same day on what went wrong in the jet ski incident at Sea World back a few years ago, entitled "Accidents Do Happen!"). A safe bet is the ride would be announced by this stage.

I completely agree with Richard... how unusual :-) My gripe is not that they bought the smaller version, it's that it will be marketed as a major, or as I yanky friends like to call it E-ticket attraction. This it simply is not. Had they just installed the ride in a not quite so prominant (or dominating) position and just marketed it as a new ride then that would be ok. But we all know that won't be/ isn't the case...