2004 Thrill Ride Construction

Richard

Construction has begun on the 2004 Thrill Ride at Dreamworld. Roller-Coaster.com.au will bring you frequent updates documenting the construction process. Construction Updates:

• April 25 - early construction has begun; removal of pathway etc.
  • May 7 - removal process continues, big circular trench dug in the centre of the site.
  • May 21 - footers are poured.
  • July 19 - main structure is completed.
  • July 23 - arm attached.
  • July 30 - gondola attached.
  • August 21 - pathway layed, theming of the ride and area has commenced.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great and frequent updates Richard. Just a couple of questions for you - Do you know what the big hole in the centre is going to be for? Do you think the new attraction will be considered part of Ocean Parade or Main Street? The area which has been cleared is quite a substantial size. On another note, I have noticed (from all recent pics) that Dreamworld is looking really good overall. Lots of extra theming and plenty of bright, fresh paint

Richard I have a feeling you are being cautious about what you say regarding the new attraction. Is that why you haven't really answered my questions? Do you have a few secret details and ride specifics up your sleeve or are you just not wanting to speculate too much?

Have a look at the Mondial website and their version of the ride. It has a large square platform the lowers as the ride starts and rises when the ride stops. Have a look at the video on the site and you will see what I mean. I haven't seen any video of an Intamin one so I’m not sure how the platform works, but what I can see from the picture on the website it looks like the whole platform drops down too. "The Bus is now leaving for Yeo Yeo Platform, NSW"

Hey guys I just got an email from a contact in management informing me that the ride will actually be what was formally known as "Bounty's Revenge" at WL which is being relocated and named Gyro Swing... Guess we had all been led down the garden path a bit on this one :-(

Dont worry ppl, we all know thats its crap, we will be getting the intamin gyro swing!! not some crap from wonderland! Ive seen drawings,and was told by *bob* the guy that is in charge of ride engineering dept, who told me that they have purchased a gyro swing from intamin(((((INTAMIN))))),

Dont worry ppl, we all know thats its crap, we will be getting the intamin gyro swing!! not some crap from wonderland! Ive seen drawings,and was told by *bob* the guy that is in charge of ride engineering dept, who told me that they have purchased a gyro swing from intamin(((((INTAMIN))))),and like i said it will be opening in september.. not purchased a ride from wonderland sydney.........we have purchased a gyro swing from INTAMIN!!!! :o havent been to dw yet so i cant reveal the name..s we will have to see if obstructre will reveal the NAME!