• Wild mouse (any)
    • Scenic railway
    • Abyss
    • Jet Rescue
    • Storm Coaster
    • Other (leave a comment)

1 minute ago, iwerks said:

Yeah, I pressed the button to see what happened

Hope no one ever lets you near any important machinery... You'd get alone well with my 3 year old though..

2 minutes ago, iwerks said:

Does that mean I get to vote for MDMC?

Well I guess you could vote for Eureka given its technically still there...

300-odd reviews from you guys and this is what you came up with as the answer to this question:

http://www.parkz.com.au/search/rides/ride_type/1/location/country-AU/sort/rating

The ranking algorithm takes into account how many reviews a ride has, and balances that against the average of all reviews. So every single review has an impact on every other ride rating to some extent... it gets smarter and more accurate with more reviews. The more reviews an individual ride has, the more the algorithm will trust that ride's average, while a ride with only one or two reviews will be more conservatively weighted (up or down depending on where it sits in relation to the average of all rides).

(Disclaimer: I just gave Surfrider what I'd consider a fair 5/10 review to bump it out of the top 10.)

Not quite as sophisticated as Mitch Hawker's @Slick, but I think a reasonably sound method for ranking. It's a modified version of the algorithm used on the IMDb Top 250 list... scaled down for the size of this site.

Glad to see Abyss getting some love from those that have ridden. By all accounts it's worthy of a higher spot than it currently has, even if it's probably not the best-in-Australia that some proclaimed when it opened.

@skeetafly Superman Escape - happy now backseat moderator? Like the actual moderators have stated, they have a pretty good set-up for ranking coasters based on reviews, and the number one result is going to be pretty obvious anyway.

Why don't you a have a go at the other non-serious replies while you're at it keyboard warrior? Ooops I fed a troll, no more from me.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

300-odd reviews from you guys and this is what you came up with as the answer to this question:

http://www.parkz.com.au/search/rides/ride_type/1/location/country-AU/sort/rating

The ranking algorithm takes into account how many reviews a ride has, and balances that against the average of all reviews. So every single review has an impact on every other ride rating to some extent... it gets smarter and more accurate with more reviews. The more reviews an individual ride has, the more the algorithm will trust that ride's average, while a ride with only one or two reviews will be more conservatively weighted (up or down depending on where it sits in relation to the average of all rides).

(Disclaimer: I just gave Surfrider what I'd consider a fair 5/10 review to bump it out of the top 10.)

I just tried to add a review for MDMC (purely because it wouldn't really affect anything so I could see what it asked on this page http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Dreamworld/ride/286-Mick_Doohans_Motocoaster

but when I click 'add review' the page refreshes, but nothing else. Am I missing something?