Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World

Star Tour - Access All Areas

Become part of the early morning ride preparation, climb the Arkham Asylum lift to experience a birds-eye view of the park and be first of the day to ride one of our thriling coasters.

Enjoy a Village Bean coffee with our stars backstage as you follow our staff through their morning routine. Witness the park come to life and let your tour guide introduce you to Batman for an exclusive photo opportunity. You’ll enjoy a delicious lunch along with bottomless soft drink in your very own souvenir sipper cup before you meet the drivers of Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 and enjoy VIP seating for the show.

Let us show you all the things you’ve always wanted to know about what goes on behind the scenes of one of the Gold Coast’s favourite theme parks with an Access All Areas Movie World Tour.

Included Experiences:

• Tour starts at 7:30am, check in at Movie World front gate 10mins prior
  • Reserved parking
  • Australia's first coaster track walk
  • Behind the scenes visits to some of our key attractions
  • Meet the drivers & VIP seating at Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 show
  • Morning tea & coffee
  • Lunch, where you can meet some of our characters
  • Unlimited Fast track to rides
  • VIP area to watch the parade
  • Souvenir photo & memento from your day

It costs only $299 if you have a pass or only $350 if you don't have park entry. It is available  Saturday's from 30th July - 24 September.

Edited by Gary86

This sounds really cool, especially being able to walk to the top of AA. Would be really interesting to go behind the scenes of the rides too. And the price I think is pretty reasonable $299, or $350 for park entry to. And it's only available every Saturday, which is understandable. And it's a little cheaper than DWs VIP experience tickets.

Sounds like a great little add-on tour. $300 seems quite reasonable for what's included.

Also, great videography as always @Slick. I knew there was something more to that day then just eServe when I saw you at SE,  but I just couldn't figure out what it could have been.

Edited by Zanstabar

I've written a quick article about it on OurWorlds here: http://ourworlds.co/australias-first-rollercoaster-climb/

I appreciate the kind words @Zanstabar - I have to pinch myself sometimes that I get to do what I do and work with such talented folk.

This is a really sweet experience in my mind - i've technically done it twice now and it delivers on giving enthusiasts an overwhelming amount of information to sink your teeth into, plus some experiences that give you pretty sweet bragging rights (like the coaster climb).

For those who want to learn a little bit more about it, here's this guy: 

3 hours ago, skeetafly said:

@AlexB

Great chart Alex, maybe MW should be using it to explain it to their guest. 

I agree with you it would be a very difficult year with all that is going on in the park.  I have a question for you.  Would you be upset with the park if they waited another year to paint superman?  I wouldn’t be.   MW are not only getting a new ride but a whole new themed area.  MW are also getting Wild West Falls refurbished. 

I do agree the staff would be across all 3 rides.  I think that would slow down the progress in itself.  If they postponed too next year MW would have an extra ride running.

The problem I have with it is MW is already a half day park as we have discussed before.

Yeah its not a perfect chart - if you take dodgems and doomsday out of the chart, it looks a LOT cleaner, and SE and WWF are the only major crossovers.

To answer your question - I wouldn't be upset if it were postponed in the slightest - however we need to remember:

• The ride still needs annual maintenance, which they will accomplish during this downtime
  • The ride opened 11 years ago. The paint was showing VERY clear signs of fade and was desperately calling for TLC
  • I'm no metallurgist, but there may also be issues with the ride structure being unprotected due to the paint issues, and this may not be purely cosmetic work.

Its great to see the park putting all this work in... i'm a little cynical in that I consider all this TLC to be because of the upcoming commonwealth games, rather than just because the park wants to look it's best. I could be wrong on that, but they've shown us with history that new stuff gets love, and old stuff gets worn... so it may be coincidence, but thats how I see it.

As for local crew being spread across the 3 sites, you're right, but they wouldn't be needed for every facet, of every site, every day. An accomplished paint crew don't need local maintenance folk on site for general track painting, except around machinery areas, so theres a lot of days worth of work where the local crew aren't required to devote time to Superman - they would have their usual maintenance obligation - around a month - as they would have for WWF, which has already had a month's headstart - more than enough time for the 'regular maintenance' aspect. My point in mentioning the local crew was more that they may have been required to devote time to doomsday earlier on in the program, hence why the large gaps mainly in the first part of the year.

as for this new VIP experience - i think it's fantastic. the price point is fantastic, the inclusions are fantastic, everything is fantastic. I think i'll wait until SE comes out of its maintenance program before I think about doing it - but considering this offers the ONE THING that every enthusiast fanboy has been calling for for a long time (Scooby - lights on) - So i see this being well patronised for some time. I'd be interested to see whether they would offer group bookings at a slightly more competitive rate - perhaps Parkz could organise group bookings? (Please don't misinterpret this as me saying the price is too high - in my opinion its probably a bit too low, but that's what makes it such fantastic value - I was just contemplating if that was the regular per person price, whether they'd knock a couple bucks off if you came at them with 8).

Anyone with more info - does the Arkham climb require harnesses or any sort of fall arrest? One side of the stairs doesn't have a railing, yes?

oh - afterthought - yes i guess its good to see superman back in the park, considering the attraction is the parks flagship. *yawn* Agree about the costume. Whats with the kneepads?

1 hour ago, Gary86 said:

Star Tour - Access All Areas

Become part of the early morning ride preparation, climb the Arkham Asylum lift to experience a birds-eye view of the park and be first of the day to ride one of our thriling coasters.

Enjoy a Village Bean coffee with our stars backstage as you follow our staff through their morning routine. Witness the park come to life and let your tour guide introduce you to Batman for an exclusive photo opportunity. You’ll enjoy a delicious lunch along with bottomless soft drink in your very own souvenir sipper cup before you meet the drivers of Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 and enjoy VIP seating for the show.

Let us show you all the things you’ve always wanted to know about what goes on behind the scenes of one of the Gold Coast’s favourite theme parks with an Access All Areas Movie World Tour.

Included Experiences:

• Tour starts at 7:30am, check in at Movie World front gate 10mins prior
  • Reserved parking
  • Australia's first coaster track walk
  • Behind the scenes visits to some of our key attractions
  • Meet the drivers & VIP seating at Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 show
  • Morning tea & coffee
  • Lunch, where you can meet some of our characters
  • Unlimited Fast track to rides
  • VIP area to watch the parade
  • Souvenir photo & memento from your day

It costs only $299 if you have a pass or only $350 if you don't have park entry. It is available  Saturday's from 30th July - 24 September.

I was only suggesting this awhile ago on here. Everyone thought it would be a safety/insurance problem, but here we are, it's finally happening. Sweeeeeeet

@AlexB I liked your chart.   It made a lot of sense and that's why I said MW should use it.  

@Theme Park Girl I'm generous because I am excited with what you put on the table today.   I have been annoying Richard for years to use his super powers to get us in.   I am looking at dates right now but think I want to see SE too.   Hopefully you do a trip report for us.   

8 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I might be going to next Saturday's session as well, feel free to push me off Arkham if I go :P 

won't be able to go next Saturday, will be going on the 6th of August instead ;) 

sorry that you guys on the 30th won't have the chance to push me off :P

• Richard changed the title to Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World