Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Do people think that the hyper coaster will be used as the new lift hill walk in the Star Tours?

For people who think its to tall Cedar Point let guests go up Valravns lift hill in their morning tours.

Don't B&M dive coasters have elevator thingys on the lift hill? I know Griffon does

The question is whether there would be enough room for people to all stand at the top safely, my guess from the stair pieces we've seen so far is there won't be, therefore they never could. That's what makes the AA lift climb possible is because of the large platform at the top for people to safely all stand 

Arkham Asylum has railings on both sides and the incline isn't as steep as something like green lantern. So it's more accessible for people without safety equipment, so we don't need to wear harnesses or something when doing the tour. It's more like just walking up a set of stairs.

16 hours ago, Levithian said:

Arkham Asylum has railings on both sides and the incline isn't as steep as something like green lantern. So it's more accessible for people without safety equipment, so we don't need to wear harnesses or something when doing the tour. It's more like just walking up a set of stairs.

Weren't they doing Green Lantern walks though when Arkham was down last year?

Here I was thinking a year ago that they'd never get around the OH&S on getting people up and down a lift hill, but a bit of logic and common sense usually gets around these things.

If they really want to slam Star Tours sales, they'd be doing either walks or early morning runs on Rivals, just saying, so yeah, never say never.

@Levithian - i'm sure you know more than me, but my thoughts regarding the harnesses are because maintenance personnel wouldn't only be remaining on the stairway - they may be required to step off the stairway onto live track \ service platforms etc to inspect parts of the lift? So therefore having fall arrest \ travel restraint \ similar systems is directly as a result of that?

Yeah, that's my point. Because it is enclosed with hand rails, it's classed safe as a stair way, but because there is a risk of falling on the track side of the stairs on something like green lantern, anyone using them would need to be fitted with a harness.

Has anyone seen what happens during an evacuation from the lift hill on green lantern? do they fit guests with something or do they just walk each one down, one at a time, with the staff member guiding them down the stairs?

If they wanted to do track walks with DC rivals, they could probably use railings like arkham asylum, but it might mean it's harder to evacuate people off. I also wonder if the height brings with it added safety problems with things like wind. Quite a bit of difference between 30m and being 60m in the air. Especially being stuck out the front with pretty much nothing to provide cover.

Edited by Levithian

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2019 at 9:12 PM, Rivals said:

Instead of the Arkham lift climb they should honestly do the Dc Rivals lift climb, that way they don’t have to sell the hypercoaster climb as a seperate thing

The chances of them taking an upcharge and adding it for free to another are extremely low. If anything I would see them potentially adding it as an additional slightly reduced cost.