Arkham Asylum - VR coaster at Movie World

^Motion simulators can generate a bit of movement, but its not like a simulator can pull 4g, the real feeling of dropping etc.

Simulators tend to primarily have the screen in front of you, but the immersive tunnel type ones are a step in the right direction I guess.

But with VR you can have true 360, interactivity, and you could even do easter eggs that you have look around at certain points in the ride to notice.

Edited by Gazza

3 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of quote boxes when it does the above...   GRRRRR...

Again I plan on giving it a go, but I just don't see the whole "WOW VR on a coaster" appeal...

Yes you will actually feel the 4g where on a motion simulator you wont but I'll be damned if BATR didn't feel like you were actually doing what you felt on the screen...

In some ways it feels like in going forward they are stepping backward...

2 hours ago, Noxegon said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already – I've not read the entire thread...

This is the park that told me I couldn't wear strap-secured glasses because it was a safety risk. Now they're saying I can wear a big heavy headset.

Yay consistency.

The headset is being implemented by the park, and they'll do the required checks to ensure that it isn't going to come off, they can't just trust that any random guest's glasses are going to be as safe as the headset that is designed purely for use on the ride.

9 hours ago, Noxegon said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already – I've not read the entire thread...

This is the park that told me I couldn't wear strap-secured glasses because it was a safety risk. Now they're saying I can wear a big heavy headset.

Yay consistency.

As far as I know the theme park implentations are fairly robust.

On Air i think it's attached to the train.

At SF you basically look like you're partaking in BDSM because it has a chin strap, plus an additional lanyard around the neck.

^^And a ball in the mouth like Pulp Fiction?

From what I've heard from people who did the SF Version they were impressed and I'm talking about people not easily impressed. At least as an upcharge it should regulate demand and be more manageable. At SF parks where it's free I'm hearing horror stories about how the lines have been blowing out.

I'll probably do it once to check it out. AA is ride I don't mind missing personally on a typical visit. 

23 minutes ago, lifeofsamage said:

I'm 99% sure VR Coaster will be doing VR for Arkham (they have done most if not all the VR coasters) Their website says you can rent or bring you own headset. So if you have the samsung headset you may not need to rent one. http://www.vrcoaster.com

On would think the headset will pre-attached and securely fixed to whatever strap/device they use to stop it going airborne mid-ride which would likely exclude you from using your own personal headset 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Plus they would need a charging station.

I think i covered that already.

10 hours ago, AlexB said:

My bet is to accommodate the headset area, charging stations and the like, they're simply going to cut a hole in the wall and this extra framework will be the 'service counter' for the headsets.

• Richard changed the title to Arkham Asylum - VR coaster at Movie World