The Space Probe's HEIGHT?

DanielB

Can someone tell me how tall the space probe actually is? I know the website says it drops you from the height of a 27-story building, but I don't know what that means in metres (110 maybe?) How many metres are there in a standard building-story? Damn that ride was scary... what fun! :D I really would like to see it, the Bush Beast and the Demon stay in Australia. Daniel

I take it you're a Mexican old son? It was originally going to be about another 12 metres higher but due to Hoxton Park airport it couldn't happen. Tallest of its kind at one stage Danno. Still too bloody high. I think it's high enough thanks very much. Welcome to the forum old son, I hope you've got thick skin. Great name by the way. I can see you're going to fit in already. Better than some of the other dolts around here.

Yes, I'd seen you'd taken "Daniel" already, so I went and added my initial. And I'm not Mexican, I'm Canberran. Me and a bunch of friends went up to Wonderland on Thurs, first time I've been in maybe 10 years. I didn't say the probe needs to be higher, I'm just amazed it's so scary from just 61m high! Of course if I'd been on it as many times as *some* people here I'm sure it wouldn't be scary at all anymore (then again if you're not scared when you're FALLING towards the earth what does scare you??) Why does Wonderland need to close anyway? I think it'd get by very well by opening only on weekends and public holidays. Oh well. I rode the demon 5 times and the space probe twice. On one day. First time for either of them, and it looks like the last. Daniel

I know you didn't say it, I just thought I'd chuck it in for the crap of it. Some useless trivia that's all. I was there every day but could still only take that ride in small doses. I needed some inspiration to go on it. Just 61 metres high? Come on old son. That's high enough. :P I'm with you. I've said it before. If they were really serious about the theme park, that's the exact road they could have gone down. Weekends and school holidays. Or even just closed between April and September. The only problem with that is I think it got a little expensive maintenance wise. I'd have gone down that road and Wonderland would have certainly been justified in doing so.

phhhhffffffft you bunch of softies! :) That thing is so tiny its not funny, over before you even start...get up to Giant Drop, now that is a height worthy of the term scary (even though its not). Its also amazing how much difference simply not having that 'pod' around you makes in terms of seeming high...

If you say the GD is not scary you have to be going to the park daily and riding it daily! I have had over 50 GD falls within the past year and it still gives me the creaps. Tower Of Terror is my kind of beast though. Nothing's much sweater than seeing your hilarious sleeping photo on the monitors at the exit while everyone else's faces are like they're about change the colour of their underwear, permantly.