Dreamworld Lego Store construction

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Unfortunately on a mobile device sometimes the orientation screws, dunno why. Apologies. Turn your head sideways and you'll get the same perspective! 

I hear ya. I've lose count of the number of times I've had to run a vertically taken photo through my mobile's photo editor, just so it uploads and posts the right way around. Oddly enough, I never have to rotate it. Just open it and save it as a new file. Still a PITA nonetheless ?

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Why can't people just appreciate these photo updates. If you don't want to see another photo update don't cheek the forum. Nobody is forcing you to look at these pictures. I doubt you will complain when you see thousands of photos of MW's coaster construction. Let's adopt the saying if you have nothing nice to contribute to the forum don't comment. Some people are just being rude lately. When people are going out of their way to post an update for us to enjoy. Some people who live on the other side of the country can't see it themselves.

A forum is a discussion where people are always going to share different opinions on topics. Many people are expressing their opinions that they don't want to see the same updates over and over again. Are you trying to oppress these people and say their opinions aren't warranted to be heard? 

32 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Unfortunately on a mobile device sometimes the orientation screws, dunno why. Apologies. Turn your head sideways and you'll get the same perspective! 

What if you can't turn your head 90 degrees and have to turn your phone but have auto rotate screen turned on? What then Mr smarty pants? 

1 minute ago, reanimated35 said:

A forum is a discussion where people are always going to share different opinions on topics. Many people are expressing their opinions that they don't want to see the same updates over and over again. Are you trying to oppress these people and say their opinions aren't warranted to be heard? 

I don't mind the variation in opinions. I just find it frustrating when it's nitpicking over one accidental error on my part. Yes I do make mistakes sometimes, but it's not like this particular one is a recurring issue. I rarely post double ups of photos, and if I do, it's never intentional. 

Truth is, after I submitted my post and then realised that Brad had ready posted similar after the page reloaded, I decided to leave mine up anyway, I just edited it and changed the wording on the post instead to make mine compliment his. 

Meh, life goes on. I'm sorry if my post upset or pissed off anybody. 

On a side note, loved your post @AlexB, thanks for the encouragement  ☺️

3 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I don't mind the variation in opinions. I just find it frustrating when it's nitpicking over one accidental error on my part. Yes I do make mistakes sometimes, but it's not like this particular one is a recurring issue. I rarely post double ups of photos, and if I do, it's never intentional. 

Truth is, after I submitted my post and then realised that Brad had ready posted similar after the page reloaded, I decided to leave mine up anyway, I just edited it and changed the wording on the post instead to make mine compliment his. 

Meh, life goes on. I'm sorry if my post upset or pissed off anybody. 

On a side note, loved your post @AlexB, thanks for the encouragement  ☺️

I'm so upset right now. How can I go on? You're traumatizing me! 

What I think we all need to remember (and I think Shockingly AlexB might even agree with me on this) is that these forums/Theme Park Enthusiasm in general should be above all fun.

If we can't all have a bit of a laugh and sarcasm about such things, like a joke about getting the same photos, then there is something seriously wrong.

Try to remember, having the latest, best, first, more revealing, etc, etc is all well and good, but do try to have fun at the same time, otherwise what are we here for?

Found this photo taken from apparently on top of Dreamworld Tower that Dreamworld posted on Facebook today (hidden in a lot of comments) that shows a great angle of the Lego Store's construction:

14196022_10153972864888613_8163736327217

From this photo, I didn't realise how much Dreamworld has changed in the Main Street area recently - how one tip of the fountain pool has disappeared for the photo podium (From that angle, the podium next to the fountain pool looks like a bad photo edit - couldn't they have shaped the podium to fit in the shape of the original fountain pool design?) & how they demolished one of the original buildings of the park for this Lego Store.

I was hoping the Lego Store would just be an internal fitout. I hope the external design of the new buildings immediately south of City Hall end up being in the traditional Main Street theme but the shop front under the roof being Lego-themed. I just think a total Lego-themed exterior would look so out of place next to City Hall particularly if the new building ends up incorporating part of the park's exit. Otherwise it would look like you enter Dreamworld but end up exiting via Legoland :P

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Also found this image from DW's Lego Store webpage:

160817-303-lego-updates-slider-images-1.

Here is the other angle that you want:

LegoStorePlans.jpg

From what we can see of the plans, I took 2 guesses based on that little part of the plans that are visible. The 1st guess is if those little bit of the plans are of the eastern end of the construction site. The construction fencing is in red. I left the rest of the construction site blank for this guess as I thought there were too many possibilities based on that angle:

LegoGuess1.jpg

The 2nd guess is if those little bit of plans are of the western end of the original Market Place site. This one I thought was easier to figure out using Market Place's original floor layout as a starting point. I coloured the building/shop fitout edges in both the above & below images to give an idea of possible colour schemes for the areas. I also made a guess of the design/colour scheme of the pathways external to the park/Market Place buildings. All other flooring is coloured based on the colours seen in the plans (apart from the 'Dreamworld Staff Only Area', which I just chose to symbolise inaccessibility):

LegoGuess2.jpg

This is highly likely to be coincidental but the Lego Store location I guessed in the above image, according to Google Maps, is approximately 350 square metres in size just like DW has stated as the size of the store:

The flagship store will be the largest retail outlet at Dreamworld, covering an area of 350 square metres and forming a stand-alone precinct at the front of the park with access from within and external to Dreamworld.

Given they said it is going to be a "stand-alone precinct", that is why I added a 'Lego Plaza'. It would make it more appealing to non-park visitors (if any). 

I also imagined the eastern entrance of the Lego Store in my 2nd guess would only be accessible to DW visitors somehow by using their tickets (i.e. barcode scanning, ticket barriers etc. or something similar to the WWW/DW dual entrance) allowing them to enter the store that way or instead, they could just walk through the new Market Place/new separate main exit to access the Lego Store from the outside.

Given that Market Place lost it's charm in it's later years (particularly due to the numerous stores now in DW), I think my 2nd guess design allows guests, on their exit of the park, to bypass Market Place via the new main exit if they desire while giving the whole Market Place building a reason to enter through the new attraction that is the Lego Store.

What @Ashley said below also applies for Showbag Alley hence why I also included it in my 2nd guess above:

On 10/08/2016 at 9:11 PM, Ashley said:

Just had a look at Dreamworld's food and beverage page on there website and found that the market place hasn't been removed from that page it's just got in red writing closed for renovations, possibly the market place and everything is else is staying and there just going to extend the Lego shop out from where the barn like part was.  

These are just guesses remember based on a small part of plans DW has kind of revealed (unless DW are possibly doing red herrings too?). I'd be interested in hearing what other forum members think of my guesses (particularly my 2nd guess) though I think there is a good chance I'd be wrong as I'm guessing on so little information. I also don't remember well how big Main Street Emporium/Kodak Express/Surf Central is so if I'm wrong in my guesses, just let me know. In the end, these guesses are just a bit of fun as part of the speculation.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Dug through my emails to find a higher resolution version of that photo if anyone wants to play CSI with those blueprints...

LEGO Senior Director of Marketing (AU&NZ) Troy Taylor (Left) and DW CEO Craig Davidson inspect the LEGO construction site at Dreamworld.JPG

I think the blue is "new access mall(?) Entry". Not sure the rest, looks like "exit" something.

Havent heard from Dreamworld in a while so nothing to else report from them. 

Thanks @Richard for that photo - it is actually a different (but similar and better) photo to the one I posted.

I noticed the Lego construction worker statue next to the people in the photo has the words 'Lego City' written on it. Whilst it is a theme of a Lego building set, would 'Lego City' possibly be the name of the "stand-alone precinct" too?

5 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

I think the blue is "new access mall(?) Entry". Not sure the rest, looks like "exit" something.

3 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

ah the others say "existing retail"

I read it exactly the same way as you @reanimated35 but I'm unsure if it says "mall" or "hall". Either way, we know what the word is supposed to describe. This makes me confident that most of my 1st guess (and alas, the eastern side of my 2nd guess) is correct - just still unsure if the brown part of my 1st guess that I described as "Part of Lego Store" is actually that (and in the 2nd guess, whether the walkway continues into a curve heading north).

I originally thought the boxes/X's are to do with the entry/exit system but after seeing more them located in Main Street Emporium's part of the plans, I assume they are just drawn on the plans for some unknown/unexpected reason. That reason could be anything - maybe it is something to do with the ceiling?

16 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@AlexB MW don't engage with us either.  At least DW gave it a go.

I disagree - we've had initiatives like FoF, and whilst we might not have the same opportunity for public Q&A, we're fed enough insider and backstage information through 'official' leaks and unofficial sources through staff and what not. We've got more of an idea of a coaster that is a year away and hasn't even got footings yet than we do of a building \ store for which artists impressions, concepts, plans and designs have been available for months.

but as usual we are probably going to have to agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, Gazza said:

Maybe they are indicative locations where they can set up retail gondolas?

This was my first thought.