Dreamworld Lego Store construction

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

Obviously it didn't but I thought the Lego shop was scheduled to open on Boxing day.  

8 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Capture.JPG

When you quote the whole post, it makes sense. Mistake or were you just trying to create drama? 

Edited by reanimated35

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't manage to get any pictures, but did get to see inside the Lego store much more easily tonight as it was all lit up inside. In the centre of the store there is a large yellow, octagonal wall, which looks like it will be where the all different varieties of Lego will be found. There are are large yellow blocks hanging from the roof throughout the store. The stores lego logo also lights up. To the left of the store, there are large sliding glass doors which I imagine will be a part of the new exit from the park. And will link through to Main Street where there is that part fenced off.

Ok, so we're up to the stage of having retail gondolas in position. Clearly stock isn't on site yet, but we're nearing a readiness to open.

Am I the only one going "where are the giant lego models?" - every lego shop, store, exhibition or attraction i've ever been to has had some giant lego models nearby. I'm not seeing any here, nor any space for there to be one.

Someone please tell me they haven't just built this huge shop in an almost identical fashion to every other one around, and then not proceeded to have their signature installations mounted on \ around the buildings...

i'm a little disappointed by this.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Am I the only one going "where are the giant lego models?" - every lego shop, store, exhibition or attraction i've ever been to has had some giant lego models nearby. I'm not seeing any here, nor any space for there to be one.

Someone please tell me they haven't just built this huge shop in an almost identical fashion to every other one around, and then not proceeded to have their signature installations mounted on \ around the buildings

When I've been to the park and checked out progress there is very little we can see inside, and the angles you can see from only show small parts of the shop. The other night when the lights were on was the most of inside the store I've seen. But I do imagine there would be a couple of Lego figures in there, but won't be installed until construction is completed so they can't be knocked or get damaged. Stock inside will be the last thing that will happen, and probably won't happen until about January 26. Looking forward to its opening. I do hope that everything will be completed, and we won't see work continue a couple of weeks after it opens like what unfortunately happened with Tiger Island.

An outdoor attraction that is weather dependent for work is a lot harder to nail a definitive timeline for. 

If they have picked a date for the Lego store opening you can be assured they'll meet it, and I'm fairly certain that there would be a stipulation in the licensing stating the store can't open half completed... 

Judging from the latest photos of that area @themagician, I don't think that part will open on January the 28th but I do hope it does. At least, the LEGO Store is fully complete by then which I'm very confident it will be.

Also, DW has updated their park map since The Fire Machine has finished. They fixed up the small mistake in the last park map where the Surf Central retail outlet's number marker was placed on top of the LEGO Store's external entrance. Rocky Hollow Log Ride is still not on the park map but from the park map, here are some new food outlets coming soon to DW presumably next to the LEGO Store in the new Market Place area:

NewFoodStoresDW.jpg

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

28 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Judging from the latest photos of that area @themagician, I don't think that part will open on January the 28th but I do hope it does. At least, the LEGO Store is fully complete by then which I'm very confident it will be.

From the last photos that I took, it has come along quickly and I'm sure it will be ready.

It’s almost here!  Australia’s first LEGO® Certified Store will open at Dreamworld on Queensland’s Gold Coast on Saturday 28 January 2017.

The flagship store will be part of a stand-alone precinct at Dreamworld’s front entry with access from within and external to the park.

Offering one of the largest ranges of LEGO products in Australia, the store will feature 10 life-size LEGO models, hard-to-find and collectors’ items, a world-famous LEGO ‘Pick a Brick’ wall, ‘Make-Your-Own Minifigure’ stations and LEGO brick engraving.

“The LEGO brand is one of the most iconic and successful brands in the world and we’re delighted to welcome Australia’s first LEGO store as an exciting new development for our guests, passholders and visitors to South East Queensland,” said Dreamworld CEO Craig Davidson. 

“Our passholders and guests will have access to some of the most exclusive and hard to find LEGO products plus special LEGO events adding even more value to our current stable of great entertainment, wildlife, rides and attractions.”

Covering an area of 350 square metres, the LEGO store will be the largest retail outlet at Dreamworld. For details see Dreamworld.com.au.

Press release.... some further details on what will be stocked.