Dreamworld Lego Store construction

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but the Green Lantern sign is unique and looks awesome. 

The lights on TOT look generic and tacky. Honestly would anyone CHOOSE to have lights flash red, green, and blue if that wasn't the default setting?

Maybe the Lego store is yet to be programmed but the whole building is yellow, I think it would look best if they were solid yellow, or maybe a complimentary red. 

Doubtful, it will probably stay on full kebab shop setting and look horrible. 

I think a red that matches the awning colour would do the trick. 

I only small issue I have is I wouldn’t have cladded the whole Market Place in Lego Yellow.  The Market place has ended up more yellow than the Lego store.  If DW are looking to add a large Market Place sign it would probably void my statement.

Agree on the GL sign. whoever came up with that really did something special.

I must admit - when i first saw the ToT lights, i thought great - but as they didn't maintain them and they started doing funky things (probably bad ICs or something) - i'd have liked to have seen them matrix the LEDs so that they could do more than simple colour patterns - potentially could have turned it into a massive LED message scroller... but i digress.

Agree if they stick to stock kebab shop settings it will be crap. I would hope that they are not dumb RGB strips (ie: the whole strip does the same thing) and they have the ability to create scroll \ chase patterns across the building - THAT would be good... if it is dumb strip, then I agree stock red \ yellow would be preferable.

On 16/01/2017 at 8:05 AM, AlexB said:

Am I the only one going "where are the giant lego models?" - every lego shop, store, exhibition or attraction i've ever been to has had some giant lego models nearby. I'm not seeing any here, nor any space for there to be one.

You will be happy to know DW has released a picture just for you.  DW Lego store first giant model.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

PMSL

1 hour ago, jake_hunt said:

On the topic of lighting, do they still have the RGB lights on the top of Dreamworld Tower nowadays? I remember seeing them a few times before when driving past, but I didn't see anything except the obligatory tall building flashing red light when I went during the extended hours.

Like Green Lantern it shuts off after a certain time at night. As for the pattern who knows, maybe an engineer played with him recently?

Wouldnt it be cool if they put RGB LED Video curtains around the barrel? Could you imagine what they could do with it? #subtle

Also, how good is Green Lantern's.... lantern? Some pretty slick stuff going on there. 

12 hours ago, jake_hunt said:

On the topic of lighting, do they still have the RGB lights on the top of Dreamworld Tower nowadays? I remember seeing them a few times before when driving past, but I didn't see anything except the obligatory tall building flashing red light when I went during the extended hours.

Been wondering the same, wasn't sure if they've been turned on since the accident.

3 hours ago, Jakev8 said:

Yeh i'm hoping they'v got the Sandcrawler set or a Star destroyer when the store opens

Lego retired the sandcrawler only very recently, and a star destroyer set has been out of print for a number of years now. Nearly bought the sandcrawler, but the thing is enormous. Gumtree is your best bet for that set now, since it will only continue to go up in price.

9 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Lego retired the sandcrawler only very recently, and a star destroyer set has been out of print for a number of years now. Nearly bought the sandcrawler, but the thing is enormous. Gumtree is your best bet for that set now, since it will only continue to go up in price.

True, fuck i just look up all the set's they retired last year, glad i got my hands on slave one, but looks like i'm goner miss out on getting the simpsons house :mellow: