Dreamworld Lego Store construction

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gary86 said:

Channel 9 also mentioned...low visitors to the parks instead of telling the proper news that the Lego store is opening on Saturday.

Not the media's fault if VRTP decide to release a trading update mentioning less local visitation to the parks on the same day as DW's media launch for the LEGO Store. It's just unfortunate timing & clearly, the media are going to combine them into 1 story.

5 minutes ago, Gary86 said:

There is an entry at the front. Dreamworld entry not required.

Ahhh ok, I would have thought that's the better option from the stores point of view.

So can you access the store once in Dreamworld?  If so, I guess they have turnstiles to check passes of people coming in the lego store's external entry and then trying to get into Dreamworld?

4 hours ago, mission said:

Ahhh ok, I would have thought that's the better option from the stores point of view.

So can you access the store once in Dreamworld?  If so, I guess they have turnstiles to check passes of people coming in the lego store's external entry and then trying to get into Dreamworld?

There also is an entry inside Dreamworld. I'm guessing there will be a gate to scan your ticket / pass.

So, LEGO store sneak peak time.

It's an impressively massive space that's quality as hell. So much to look at and when the park surrounds it with its new Food & Bev offerings (still in construction) it should be a great little addition to the park. Honestly no complaints here. Looks nice, presents well, good stuff.

If you want to see more photos, there's a few more here, but the key ones are below.

_MG_2173.jpg

_MG_2252.jpg

_MG_2272.jpg

_MG_2280.jpg

_MG_2296.jpg

Great photos as always @Slick. It really does look great inside. And I must say, I know a few of us were hesitant/sad when they started to remove the old market place, which was a key part of the park, but honestly now saying the store completed, I so happy they put the store here. I actually think it looks really good at the front of the park (and I don't think it is an eye sore). Massive congrats to DW for pulling this one off, and can't wait for the opening of the 2 new stores.

13 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

The store looks like a lot of fun - thanks for sharing your sneak peak @Slick

You're welcome. If you're on the fence about going, go. It'll be worth your while. ?

Lets not forget for a second here that ultimately it's a merch store filled with stuff. It's nice, it's a welcome addition and it's a well crafted space... and it's a merch space, not a new ride, not a new roller-coaster.... 

Oh while I remember, one thing I really didn't like was that big vine wall. It's now got a big dark green mesh sheet fixed to it, completely covering the original Dreamworld face. Not a fan. 

7 hours ago, TomiJ said:

Thanks heaps for the sneak peak @Slick. What are the chances of the Lego store having a soft opening on Friday or Thursday for park guests.  

Doubtful I'd say. Knowing LEGO, beyond any additional soft launches they'll want to keep the fanfare fixed on Saturday morning.