Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

2 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

@iwerks Any markers for MI3 yet?

I personally don't think this MI3 attraction is going to be as fantastic as we all hoped it would be... Its opening this year sometime and there is NOTHING done whatsoever, this pretty much rules out a coaster, which leaves us to wonder... which flat ride/ water ride will this be?! 

1 hour ago, wileecoyote said:

I personally don't think this MI3 attraction is going to be as fantastic as we all hoped it would be... Its opening this year sometime and there is NOTHING done whatsoever, this pretty much rules out a coaster, which leaves us to wonder... which flat ride/ water ride will this be?! 

@wileecoyote we know its going to be a flat ride. AW needs flat rides at the moment considering we have lost BR and Inferno is on its last legs. It still is going to be a big ride, which will have a big capacity and Mark has said that AW wants more dry rides at the park. I am personally looking forward to this from what we have heard. But keep in mind even a big ride like Kraken started construction when the season ended.

• 3 weeks later...

We should hopefully start getting teasers about MI3 soon. March is when AW put up teaser signs at the park for Kraken and Abyss. Mark did say that construction will start in July which means construction will start after the park closes. Which gives them 3 months to get the new attraction ready for open. (considering it is a flat ride or potentially rides) Hopefully we see markers out soon.

Edited by Tim Dasco

No news about any new rides at AW.  It was 22 degrees in Perth, today, and the park was nice and quiet.  Rides would operate even with one person on it.  Whilst it was overcast, plenty of people were still swimming.  Had a nice chat with the zookeeper and she said that there had been plans to divide up the kangaroos, so patrons could get closer to the females.  Also, that AW had sold off their llamas/alpacas last season.  You can actually see where the fence has been constructed.  At the moment there are two joeys, but without the llamas, the kangaroos don't really go near the people anymore (too bad if you bought some roo food). 

There was about a 5-10 minute wait for Abyss, as they appeared to be running one train.  Kraken and the Grand Prix were probably 10-15 minute waits.  There was a school group or two, English tourists and plenty of retirees enjoying the day. 

The park looks pretty good at the moment, except for the guardians, which are surrounded by weeds.  However, it was great to see Inferno running.

IMG_1555b.JPG

IMG_1553b.JPG

IMG_1559b.JPG

IMG_1544b.JPG

IMG_1588b.JPG

IMG_1500bJPG.JPG

IMG_1574b.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So looking at AW's building permits. They have now gotten approval to build a high voltage substation as Mark spoke about last year. (That was the 1.5 million dollar HV ring. So this means they should be able to build some more big rides and power them! :)

I have noticed looking at the dates the permits are placed is that AW seems to get permits to build the rides just before construction starts IE April and May for MI1&2. So there are currently no permits for MI3 or trademarks.

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride
  • 2 weeks later...

Spent Easter Monday at Adventure World. It was about 25 degrees here and overcast, yet there was a good crowd. The service at the cabanas was really attentive and much improved over the past. Apparently, the new CEO is called Kevin Smith and has worked in hospitality (not low budget films). The substation is being built up the back of Inferno. Interestingly enough, the conduits lead to a small fenced off area behind the filters for the racing slides. I've been told the ride will be in this area. There's a nice flat bit of land behind the Rampage. The old castle island and the Cirque Extreme area are also nearby. Still no clue as to what the ride really is.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

AW posted on Facebook that Inferno was closed for maintenance for the last week of the season. Hopefully nothing major. We did say wind seeker or sky flyer. A wind seeker will launch guests to new heights, be the tallest in Australia and Mondial is in Europe. However can they get one for 7.5 million. Remains to be seen.

Edited by Tim Dasco

Yeah, great day in the park. It got busy early on, especially as it was everyone's last chance to use their season pass. Even had a fast pass spare on my platinum pass that came in handy. Got onto the GP raceway without a wait and same too with Abyss, although sometimes the Fast Pass queues are out of the way and you can wait without being spotted. 

Had the fish and chips, which were pretty good. The restaurant has been cleared out - I wonder if it's getting made over. There were large queues for food after midday. The donut machine was broken too.

The power substation looks to be almost finished. Also spotted a large reel of electrical wire around the back of the raceway. The crew member I asked only knew that the location of Mi3 is probably near where the work is being done. The area around the back of the Rampage looks pretty good for a possible location.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

AW posted on Facebook that Inferno was closed for maintenance for the last week of the season. Hopefully nothing major. We did say wind seeker or sky flyer. A wind seeker will launch guests to new heights, be the tallest in Australia and Mondial is in Europe. However can they get one for 7.5 million. Remains to be seen.

I god hope that AW doesn't get a windseeker, considering how the ones Cedar Fair previously installed in their parks have been maintenance nightmares, with constant downtime in its early years. 

7 hours ago, djrappa said:

Can I ask maybe a dumb question...

Why is that POS drop tower so hard to keep running? Like it's much simpler than Giang Drop or say Batwing yet seems it's closed more than open??

I thought the Huss ones were a bit more complex due to the massive hydraulic ram in the middle and more complex cable arrangements.

^Plus it was second hand. Some have referred to it as a lemon. It sounds like it was basically closed last season because Huss sent the wrong parts. 

Yeah, like Gazza said, because of the hydraulic ram it can give a combination of both shots and drops, so it's more complex. 

It has been working really well this season. The retheme has been great, with atmospheric music, fog and good voice over. It somehow seems like the ride is shooting you higher now. Naturally, it rarely goes when the countdown reaches zero - so much more fun that way.

With the wind seekers there were problems in the opening few years but from what I found they seem to be very reliable now and they worked out the kinks. Plus seeing a 100 meter tower at AW would be a major visual icon for the park. That you could see from some distance.

on Inferno, it was out of actition for over a year because Huss took a long time to get the park shock absorbers and when they a revived they didn't work and they had to get Huss techs out to look at it. But this season it was running for the bulk of it. However it was closed on fright nights.

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

I thought the Huss ones were a bit more complex due to the massive hydraulic ram in the middle and more complex cable arrangements.

So it's an inferior ride experience that uses a less reliable mechanical system... GREAT DESIGN THERE