Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

@iwerks I think they might just be running power lines to multiple areas around the park that lead to the new sub station. So they can either put existing attractions onto the new sub station or they will have cables running to multiple areas for when they build future rides.

So now that the season closed and construction has not started we have seen AW register for a BP for MI3 which has been approved along with a DA. (http://masterview.cockburn.wa.gov.au/MasterViewUI/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=371882) With construction expected to begin in June I think we might see some teasers soon now that the park is closed for the season and they can focuses their attention to MI3.Would anyone know if they need special approval for a ride over 100 meters. IE a Windseeker?

I think because they are building a new sub power station they are running power lines to certain places around the park now. So when they build more rides in the future there are power lines to the new sub power plant. Or they could be attaching DK to the new power sub station. 

I do hope to see the kids slides built in DK but I might honk that will be for next year as we are getting MI3 this year.

Edited by Tim Dasco

I hope they refurbish the restaurant to the standard of the downstairs cafe.  It's also annoying that the food is never anywhere as fresh when you buy it on the few days that the upstairs area is open.

Mark also talked about having a bigger and better shop near the front of the park.  Like Tim keeps saying - it's probably for future use.

He did say that a new shop was in the 3 year plan this being the 3rd year. But then again he said that the HV power ring was for next year. So I guess things change order depending on what is deemed more appropriate and that always changes. 

Has the upstairs part ever been open? I have never seen it open in the last few years. It was even closed on fright nights.

• 2 weeks later...

There were some large wooden pallets being dropped off in Dragon's Kingdom, today.  Not enough for anything substantial, but it could be more cabanas; water playground stuff, like the rumoured kids' tornado; theming for the new ride or materials for the restaurant refurb.

I still think the ride will be at the other end of the park.  The dirt track behind where the circus was looks pretty well used.

IMG_5698b.JPG

IMG_5696b.JPG

IMG_5683b.JPG

IMG_5701b.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

good to see that hibiscus growing fast on the fenceline.  They are not only beautiful but eventually, they will provide a barrier between the outside world and Adventure Wolrd. Guests should not see the road and bus stop/passing traffic while inside a theme park, it should be completely screened to help them escape the daily grind.  In about 5 years from now, you won't be able to see in or out. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

good to see that hibiscus growing fast on the fenceline.  They are not only beautiful but eventually, they will provide a barrier between the outside world and Adventure Wolrd. Guests should not see the road and bus stop/passing traffic while inside a theme park, it should be completely screened to help them escape the daily grind.  In about 5 years from now, you won't be able to see in or out. 

@Mark Shaw, one of the most interactive CEO's we've had to date, Funfields megafan and now arborist. Is there anything you don't do?

On 18/05/2017 at 11:33 PM, Mark Shaw said:

good to see that hibiscus growing fast on the fence-line.  They are not only beautiful but eventually, they will provide a barrier between the outside world and Adventure World. Guests should not see the road and bus stop/passing traffic while inside a theme park, it should be completely screened to help them escape the daily grind.  In about 5 years from now, you won't be able to see in or out. 

Wow, totally got that when I first saw the hibiscus (I took the photos of them on my last visit, before today - the flowers are looking great).  It appears Inferno is in pieces at the moment (at the back of the park), and there's a power sub-substation at the rear of the grand prix racetrack (near the Cirque Extreme site).   

IMG_5703b.JPG

IMG_5704b.JPG

IMG_5705b.JPG

IMG_6086b.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@jack.c the park has given us lots of hints but the exact ride is unknown and this stage. However I have done some hunting and found this. http://westforce.com.au/projects/our-current-projects/ They refer to mi3 as a roller coaster. However its safe to say this is a mistake as Mark has basically said it will be a flat ride as 7.5 million won't get you a coaster. 

But the most interesting thing was that it had a photo which shows construction progress. Hopefully we get more information soon.

Adventure-world.thumb.jpg.5f7b9ab559fefbec71cc079117b3546c.jpg

52 minutes ago, ABYSS said:

I don't believe a star flyer would be appropriate for this location as it would interfere with the Sky Lift and the Rampage. I feel as though it will be some sort of tower ride but just not in that location. Maybe pipe work etc, may be going on in that photo, I wouldn't expect a new ride to be placed there.

Mark pretty much confirmed that a ride would be there. I think we will be seeing a star flyer too.