Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

On 6/11/2017 at 0:40 PM, ABYSS said:

I don't believe a star flyer would be appropriate for this location as it would interfere with the Sky Lift and the Rampage. I feel as though it will be some sort of tower ride but just not in that location. Maybe pipe work etc, may be going on in that photo, I wouldn't expect a new ride to be placed there.

But the Sky lift just skirts along the edge, and you can use the space under it efficiently for the queue.

Anyway, here are my punts for what can feasibly fit

-Starflyer type ride...Why not? They are crowd pleasers.

-Some sort of standard model family coaster (Maurer spinner pictured). The park needs a full family coaster that sits in terms of intensity between Dragon Express and Abyss.

-Zamperla Discovery Revolution....Australia doesn't have one that does a full 360.

-Zamperla Giant Discovery (If placed lengthways)....Would be the biggest of its kind in Aus, but not my first choice.

-Gerstlauer Skyroller....Park has dealt with the manufacturer. More thrill than a standard starflyer.

aw options.jpg

On 12/06/2017 at 5:36 PM, Gazza said:

But the Sky lift just skirts along the edge, and you can use the space under it efficiently for the queue.

Anyway, here are my punts for what can feasibly fit

-Starflyer type ride...Why not? They are crowd pleasers.

-Some sort of standard model family coaster (Maurer spinner pictured). The park needs a full family coaster that sits in terms of intensity between Dragon Express and Abyss.

-Zamperla Discovery Revolution....Australia doesn't have one that does a full 360.

-Zamperla Giant Discovery (If placed lengthways)....Would be the biggest of its kind in Aus, but not my first choice.

-Gerstlauer Skyroller....Park has dealt with the manufacturer. More thrill than a standard starflyer.

aw options.jpg

You are definitely correct about the Sky Lift. My mistake, I guess I thought the position of the construction was closer to the gates of Abyss than I thought. Anyways, as you said about the Zamperla Discovery Revolution, a mate of mine mentioned last year when we found out about the news that he has ridden one in Rainbows End in New Zealand, he mentioned it would be a great attraction for AW and it fits the category of the budget and it would fit in the spot granted as you have mentioned. Personally I would be happy with any of the attractions above! Especially a Star Flier or a Zamperla Discovery Revolution.

7 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Well that was the other point. Mark has said that it's the largest of its kind in Australia. So by that I would assume there is another version of Mi3 somewhere in Australia.

In saying this you've reminded me of Dreamworld's 'Claw' ride. We could be seeing a larger version of the Claw at AW as mi3. I looked at the price in which Dreamworld paid for it and the answer is 6 million AUD. This would perfectly fit the budget and leave 1.5 million for themeing etc. It could be likely to be seen within the next season at AW, however the scale would have to be huge as the current Gyro Swing by Intamin located in Dreamworld is already quite large!

On 11 June 2017 at 11:32 AM, Flynn_Smith said:

Mark pretty much confirmed that a ride would be there. I think we will be seeing a star flyer too.

21 hours ago, grrofunger said:

64 seat swing

I thought that to but Mark has said it is being signed by a contractor in Europe, Fun Time (star flyers) are made in Australia so there is still Mondial or Zamperla. Zamperla's model only cost a few mill. (so to cheap) and the Mondial Windseeker Mark has said in the past cost more than the 7.5 million dollar price tag. So I wonder what it could be. 

Also Creative Works have posted this image on their Facebook page.

My spray booth for the next few months I took a picture before it gets filled with top secret parts haha
9m x 9m

18922126_1728276243855896_8475364176732296844_n.thumb.jpg.02925560ccc4aa1c5c0a537697134fe6.jpg

and 

19059705_1734761659874021_2298378499200483474_n.thumb.jpg.771699e832ce9020e387acf4861cd2db.jpg

On 6/13/2017 at 10:46 PM, ABYSS said:

You are definitely correct about the Sky Lift. My mistake, I guess I thought the position of the construction was closer to the gates of Abyss than I thought. Anyways, as you said about the Zamperla Discovery Revolution, a mate of mine mentioned last year when we found out about the news that he has ridden one in Rainbows End in New Zealand, he mentioned it would be a great attraction for AW and it fits the category of the budget and it would fit in the spot granted as you have mentioned. Personally I would be happy with any of the attractions above! Especially a Star Flier or a Zamperla Discovery Revolution.

In my view, it is better than any of the above.  That is just my view though. 

On 6/15/2017 at 9:18 PM, Tim Dasco said:

I thought that to but Mark has said it is being signed by a contractor in Europe, Fun Time (star flyers) are made in Australia so there is still Mondial or Zamperla. Zamperla's model only cost a few mill. (so to cheap) and the Mondial Windseeker Mark has said in the past cost more than the 7.5 million dollar price tag. So I wonder what it could be. 

that looks familiar. From a drawing anyway.  The theming concept was fantastic.  Hats off to Atomiq ( again)

@Mark Shaw you certainly know how to build up hype even when your no longer at the park. May I ask if you believe the park will continue to invest in Mi's without you there?

(I can't wait to ride it or find out what the ride is two) Plus I want to thank you for all the work you did for AW during your time! :)

Edited by Tim Dasco

26 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@Mark Shaw you certainly know how to build up hype even when your no longer at the park. May I ask if you believe the park will continue to invest in Mi's without you there?

(I can't wait to ride it or find out what the ride is two) Plus I want to thank you for all the work you did for AW during your time! :)

Thanks, Tim.  The effort came from the board and the team. I just happened to be there in between. 

I believe the park will continue to invest but that will depend on results.  It is hitting an interesting period. I believe in the old adage " build it and they will come".  But you need population and tourism growth. 

On 15/06/2017 at 7:18 PM, Tim Dasco said:

Would you be able to link us all to their FB page? Thanks.

7 hours ago, Aw hype said:

I don't know about you guys, but the support gives me the feeling it may be ship/pirate related. Maybe ties to Bountys?? (Judging off of the FB pics)

In saying this maybe the ride ties both Bounty's and also the Kraken together. I get this idea from the "watch this space" artwork we saw.