Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

It doesn't match the description of what Mark had said about riding it on 3 different continents. I'd prefer to think of it as the upper stage of something much bigger.  It's clearly not the base of a large tower ride as it's only about three feet across and it's not the base of an A frame swing ride as it's not on an angle.  

I would just like to add that I drove passed AW on Saturday and from behind peaking through the space between the Abyss and the bushes of the Tunnel of Terror, I saw a structure that reminded me of Bounty's main pole structure (sorry about the incorrect terminology) where there were 4 starter poles leaning in to a top square. I strongly believe I saw this but if someone drives passed and thinks otherwise let me know!!

YES IM SO HYPED!! 

44 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@grrofunger are you able to do an overall near maps image of AW and is there an area behind Dragons Kingsom storing the theming or ride parts that's visible on near maps?

i think it's safe to say either an Intamin gyroswing or Zamperla discovery.

I 100% agree. Looks like there is a 50% chance I'll be owing 5 bucks to a friend that made a bet August last year that mi3 would be a Zamperla Discovery Rev. *Mixed Emotions* hehe (:)

8 minutes ago, ABYSS said:

YES IM SO HYPED!! 

I 100% agree. Looks like there is a 50% chance I'll be owing 5 bucks to a friend that made a bet August last year that mi3 would be a Zamperla Discovery Rev. *Mixed Emotions* hehe (:)

Don't pay the money yet. I think its defiantly not a Zamperla Discovery Revolution but an Intamin Gyro Swing. If you look at the Zamperla model this is the footings. The 4 main supports are a long way away from the main centre point where Intamins are close like the Near Maps image.

59523cc094e1a_ScreenShot2017-06-27at6_25_18pm.thumb.png.3b1f9a374d4d48485f7031a00d7cb826.png

Compared to the Claw.

59523cd65585d_ScreenShot2017-06-27at6_21_12pm.thumb.png.9bcc984d42b34d9420b51ca1ca44f410.png

Hopefully they have opted for the new Intamin Lap Bar restraints for the Gyro Swing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qonUju5gpA

2 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Don't pay the money yet. I think its defiantly not a Zamperla Discovery Revolution but an Intamin Gyro Swing. If you look at the Zamperla model this is the footings. The 4 main supports are a long way away from the main centre point where Intamins are close like the Near Maps image.

59523cc094e1a_ScreenShot2017-06-27at6_25_18pm.thumb.png.3b1f9a374d4d48485f7031a00d7cb826.png

Compared to the Claw.

59523cd65585d_ScreenShot2017-06-27at6_21_12pm.thumb.png.9bcc984d42b34d9420b51ca1ca44f410.png

Hopefully they have opted for the new Intamin Lap Bar restraints for the Gyro Swing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qonUju5gpA

You make a good point here, especially with the supports as they would interfere with the Abyss. Hopefully if we get some photos of those 'bright coloured objects" iwerks talked about, maybe we will be able to analyse a theme. Don't think we will be able to find out the name or anything due to the fact AW doesn't have a theme such as a Movie World for example but we can try! Currently so happy about the progress being made!

By looking at that nearmap imagery that @grrofunger posted, it's safe to say that AW is getting an Intamin Gyro Swing. Not the same size as the Claw @ DW, but rather their newer, taller version with lap bars. The hexagon shaped pit is the main give away. Loke at Liseberg (picture below) also features a hexagon shaped pit, where the loading platform descends into before the ride starts. 

I love the look of the new intamin seats and lap bar restraints - so much more freedom. You're really going to feel that airtime/hangtime at the top of the swing!

https://www.intaminworldwide.com/loke-liseberg/

2017-04-27-005-1400x780.jpg2017-04-27-005-1400x780_lapbar.jpg.26f7416bea33aac7e7210a2bdab0ba01.jpg

Edited by Luke