Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

20 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

So they dropped the ball???? MI-3 is coming and it safe to say is a Loke clone (Intamin Gyro Swing judging from these promos)

Posted on Todays Tonight's Facebook page. The full story will be on Monday night.

Yes. Yes they did.

Firstly, if the timeline for it to open in September is correct - then we're talking first promo with two months to go.

Secondly, instead of teaser trailers, social media imagery,  etc etc, they got a NEWS crew to come and film a piece on it. Hardly creative.

Kraken was also due to open in September 2015. Around July, AW's facebook page was posting construction pics: 

Now, I've spent a few minutes trying to find the exact moment we had the teaser image for Kraken (the Kraken's Eye) but i've grown impatient. Needless to say - Mark was telling us teaser details back in March:

On July 15th last year, Adventure World were already selling season passes:

So yes, ball dropped. Maybe they've picked it up, but they've certainly lost ground.

@AlexB I was only joking. Yes they dropped the ball because the Kraken and Abyss teasers appeared in January. However the offical reveal for Kraken and Abyss were done via a news report. However they have teased on a TV report last summer about MI-3. But yes in terms of teasing try have definatly dropped the ball on MI-3.

It seems they have gone the route of VRTP in just announcing t in a video and no big trading campaign like they did in the past. Which is a bit said as the teaser campgains get people interested. However if you look on their Facebook page they already have had around 5 people asking if a new ride is coming like promoised due to AW being quiet on the ride.

Edited by Tim Dasco

51 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Firstly, if the timeline for it to open in September is correct - then we're talking first promo with two months to go.

Do you guys think we will be hearing anything about the theming or name of the ride on Monday night via Today Tonight? I personally don't think so due to passed experiences with AW's MI's, but things could have changed because we have already seen a difference in marketing for mi3 this year.

2 minutes ago, ABYSS said:

Do you guys think we will be hearing anything about the theming or name of the ride on Monday night via Today Tonight? I personally don't think so due to passed experiences with AW's MI's, but things could have changed because we have already seen a difference in marketing for mi3 this year.

With both Abyss and Kraken they revealed the ride type and stuff in the first today tonight video. Then in both cases in September they do a follow up story which revels the name, theme and so on. Hopefully they keep this format. I do expect to see Season Passes on sale within a few weeks. But different team different ways of doing things.

2 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

That tree looks a bit bigger above the waterslide... :P

So does the waterslide on the right, which would lend it to just a change in perspective or lens.

Will be great to see how this Gyro Swing fits in the park in terms of when it starts swinging, and what size of the three Gyro Swing models it is. Also what I find neat is that Intamin have seemed to have done a bit of work in terms of the look & design in areas you'd presume they wouldn't worry too much about (i.e. the hand rails up on the top level there). It's surprising they'd suddenly start making changes to things that you'd presume is a stock model  - it's something they've done with the last Half Pipe Coaster they installed in the Middle East (they swapped out the old style of track seen a Wet 'n' Wild in favour of their new track style.)

Indeed, I am Perth Theme Parks on Instagram and Facebook.

The orange thing in the distance is a shade structure without a shade on it.

Some more pics - I think you'll find this Mi-3 comparison better. Interesting that the control booth looks watertight and there's been some work up top as well.

Inferno is still down.  I was hoping they would paint it a slightly different colour before it gets resurrected,

Mi3b.jpg

IMG_9290a.JPG

IMG_9289a.JPG

Edited by iwerks

2 hours ago, iwerks said:

IMG_9289a.JPG

Did you manage to see the rest of the tower? To me that blue and orange thing behind the bushes on the left of the picture looks like part of the tower. I do hope they paint it to suit the Inferno theme. Its an interesting view of the underneath and trailer mounted part of Inferno. I know the ride was closed down and taken apart during the last 2 weeks of the season hopefully its working ok and Huss hasn't let AW down again like 2015/2016 season.

My mate just said he drove past AW and the billboard that is at the back of the park (On the hill where the Kraken is) has been changed to advertise mi3. He hasn't gotten any photos and said he didn't know how to explain the billboard so if anyone passes by AW and has a look let us know what it is! :) (Ps. If this is incorrect information, I'm sorry I believe the person who told me about it)