Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

1 minute ago, iwerks said:

Cool drumming over the animated star field and then the wooden/stone section closes in.  Simple, but effective. 

1 minute ago, Tim Dasco said:

@ABYSS It was intense drumming and phrases like, Join the journey, something about drums and then it said our new world class ride coming in September.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know guys. Hopefully it'll be back up soon, I'm sure it wasn't meant to just be a "leak". Also for anyone who can't access the TT story from the video supplied, or would just like to read the whole story instead, it can be found via this link: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/new-attraction-swings-into-adventure-world-ng-b88540070z

Seems like there are new signs up with MI-3 teasers at the park. People were talking about them on the TT video comments. Also in 2 hours we got a Teaser video, a teaser poem, pictures and a reveal video with information about the ride. AW have defiantly built up the hype with this ride and hopefully they can keep it going with their campaign. (Follow the journey) and the Giants Awakening. Plus 150k video views in 24 hours is not bad.

4 minutes ago, elemist said:

So same style lap restraints.. interesting. I guess it provides for a bit more upper body freedom, but will it really make the ride that much different to the claw?

Mark said from day one it will be the biggest of its kind in Australia. So I gather slightly taller than Claw. But they are targeting Perth people for this ride that don't ride the Claw. This ride has gotten a pretty big response for local people and all my non enthusiast friends are talking about it. 

8 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Mark said from day one it will be the biggest of its kind in Australia. So I gather slightly taller than Claw. But they are targeting Perth people for this ride that don't ride the Claw. This ride has gotten a pretty big response for local people and all my non enthusiast friends are talking about it. 

Will be interesting to see the size in person, its hard to judge in photos/videos. It didn't look that big when i drove past, in the photo's it looked huge and in the today tonight videos it looks about the same as the claw.

I guess the bigger than the claw statement doesn't have to be by a lot to be true does it.. 1cm taller would still be "bigger than the claw"!

I think it's a great addition either way, i loved the Claw! 

Those stats mentioned by Mr Sharry -- 15m tower, 120°, 64km/hr (18m/s) with a 28m maximum swing height -- are the same as The Claw's stats. If this ride is actually any bigger than The Claw then it's a result of minor changes over the years to the exact same model from Intamin, rather than an actual larger version of the ride.

^Weird, my thoughts exactly. It's great to see them adding to the park and I don't believe that they've lost their mojo since Mark left, but few of my friends will probably end up riding this. I can't stand spin and spews and I think this ride won't have that mass attraction that even Bounty's Revenge had. 

There are so many staples that AW could still cover without putting lots of people off side. Family coaster, anyone?

We'll I think this ride is an excellent addition. All my friends are talking about this ride and they all can't wait to ride it. (Non enthusisast) This ride will defiantly be a hit with the teen/young adults market and will help AW's flat ride lineup. Since they lost BR and Inferno is unpredictable it's good they now have 3 flat rides that are reliable.

Keeping in mind during fright nights last year they only had 3 major dry rides. Abyss, black widow and Rampage. (I know there are others but in terms of thrilling rides)

I'm not a fan of the Claw because my stomach doesn't handle it too well, but when I've ever visited DW with friends or family, they all have to ride it because they love it so much. I'd say it is probably one of the most popular rides at the park.

The ride is about having maximum impact, and this ride will definitely have that for AW. It can hold a large amount of people at once, and is unlike anything anything already at the park. For people to say that they shouldn't have chosen this type of ride, or that DW has one, why bother. It isn't like DW is just down the road, its across the whole country over 4000km away. Most people wouldn't have seen this type of ride before and will be a great addition to the park. And based off the fact there was 12 trucks of theming, its going to look great in the park.

Yes there is plenty of other choice they could've gone with, log ride, laser river, etc, but they could be a part of future stages. The park is growing, and is likely to eventually have all those things, it will just take time, and they have to be smart about what they decide to get next, to have that maximum impact on the park.