Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

• 3 weeks later...

AIM Pinnacle Award Winner for Customer Service Excellence

Adventure World was last night awarded the Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Pinnacle Award for Customer Service Excellence at Crown Perth, acknowledging the theme park’s outstanding results, leadership, and commitment to excellence in customer service.

This latest accolade comes immediately off the back of Adventure World being awarded the Training Initiative Award in October for the third year running and thereby qualifying for induction into the Hall of Fame at the AHA – AON Hotel and Hospitality Awards for Excellence.

Adventure World were also finalists in the WA Perth Airport Tourism awards and based on Trip Advisor ratings for the past two seasons, has been the highest rated major Theme Park or Water Park in all of Australia*

Mark Shaw, Adventure World CEO, stated that it was an honour for the park to be judged as a leader across all industry in WA.

“Delivering a consistent and high quality guest service experience is something we are all passionate about at Adventure World. We believe the hard working people of WA deserve to be welcomed by warm, attentive and engaging staff every time” Mr Shaw said

“We generally recruit about 1 in 7 attendees to our auditions and interviews which means we can hand pick the really lovely high energy people, the kind of people who  get a kick out of seeing others having a fantastic day out. Team members receive approximately 30 hours of training and inductions followed by on the spot coaching. Positive behaviours are rewarded with strong recognition programs. We also actively engage and empower every team member to take ownership of our common purpose to ‘create happiness and magical memories’ for our guests.”

The accolades come at a time when the park is preparing to launch its newest attraction – “Cirque Extreme!” a high adrenaline 30 minute** show under the big top, with 2 free show’s daily*** for guests to enjoy, kicking off on 18th December through to the end of the summer school holidays. Work is also quietly progressing in the background on the secret $7.5m “Mi3” world class attraction coming next September.

301116genmj095.jpg

Just saw this from AW's website. You can now officially take Go-Pro's on most of the rides at the park including Kraken and Abyss. It just says it must be securely mounted using a Go-Pro chest harness. It also says on a few water slides including Kraken you can bring you mobile phone on if you have a water proof dry-dock bag which AW now sells. (Maybe so guest can entertain themselves while waiting in line so they stop complaining about wait times.

https://adventureworld.net.au/rides-and-attractions/rides/which-ride-suits-you

I think it might stop people from using their mobile phones to film Abyss. Their are loads of videos on youtube of footage from phones. So maybe this will mean people will do this to get their own POV. Plus it mean people will upload their own POV's to youtube which might give free advertising. 

11 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Just saw this from AW's website. You can now officially take Go-Pro's on most of the rides at the park including Kraken and Abyss. It just says it must be securely mounted using a Go-Pro chest harness. It also says on a few water slides including Kraken you can bring you mobile phone on if you have a water proof dry-dock bag which AW now sells. (Maybe so guest can entertain themselves while waiting in line so they stop complaining about wait times.

https://adventureworld.net.au/rides-and-attractions/rides/which-ride-suits-you

I'm surprised they wouldn't check pockets heavily like MW. To my knowledge, AW is the only theme park in Australia which now allows GoPros on rides.

TBH I don't understand why more parks allow it so long as:

• the chest harness is fitted prior to boarding
  • the camera is set up prior to boarding

If it doesn't slow down the load process - ie: a grouper confirms the person wearing it has it appropriately secured, it shouldn't be an issue.

But now you are allowed to film from your phone on the kraken if you buy their dry-dock bag. I think this is a very smart decision. People can now be on their phones why they wait in line and then simply put it in the bag and take it down the water slide. Which in theory might mean people stop complaining about wait times.

• 2 weeks later...

All, 

After 6 fantastic, beautiful years at AW I am no longer with the Park.  ?

I have loved the enthusiasm and support you guys have shown for the park and long may it continue.  The team at AW are amazing so I'm sure the future will be bright. 

I hope the future 6 years are as exciting as the past. 

Thanks for your incredible support. 

Best at wishes to all. 

Mark. 

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

All, 

After 6 fantastic, beautiful years at AW I am no longer with the Park.  ?

I have loved the enthusiasm and support you guys have shown for the park and long may it continue.  The team at AW are amazing so I'm sure the future will be bright. 

I hope the future 6 years are as exciting as the past. 

Thanks for your incredible support. 

Best at wishes to all. 

Mark. 

Sorry to hear that Mark, Adventure World will be certainly poorer for you leaving it!! The park is certainly in far better condition than it was when you started 6 years ago and you have set them on the path to be a brilliant park in the future. Your legacy at Adventure World is certainly enshrined!

Hopefully you get to stay within the themepark industry in Australia  so that you can work your magic elsewhere ( Luna Park Sydney or Melbourne is in definite need of your skill and deft managerial hand!)

Thanks for being so open with the enthusiast community- I know we have all appreciated your candour and posts that you  have brought to the table here on Parkz. I certainly hope you will remain a member and post from time to time and I think we all wish you well in your future ventures!! Good luck and much success to you!!

1 minute ago, Jobe said:

Sorry to hear that Mark, Adventure World will be certainly poorer for you leaving it!! The park is certainly in far better condition than it was when you started 6 years ago and you have set them on the path to be a brilliant park in the future. Your legacy at Adventure World is certainly enshrined!

Hopefully you get to stay within the themepark industry in Australia  so that you can work your magic elsewhere ( Luna Park Sydney or Melbourne is in definite need of your skill and deft managerial hand!)

Thanks for being so open with the enthusiast community- I know we have all appreciated your candour and posts that you  have brought to the table here on Parkz. I certainly hope you will remain a member and post from time to time and I think we all wish you well in your future ventures!! Good luck and much success to you!!

Thank you Jobe, much appreciated. Like I said, there is a terrific team at AW who are committed to continuing the journey. 

Not sure what's next but I'll hope to stay in the Theme park industry and continue to contribute here. 

Mark 

1 minute ago, Mark Shaw said:

Thank you Jobe, much appreciated. Like I said, there is a terrific team at AW who are committed to continuing the journey. 

Not sure what's next but I'll hope to stay in the Theme park industry and continue to contribute here. 

Mark 

Theme parks... Best ever 

Sad to hear!  I've known about Adventure World for a long time, but it really wasn't on my radar until your stewardship.  It wasn't just the fact that you posted on here, but all the recent reviews of the park and the last years results have proven that you get it.  I hope you go on to a long career in the theme park industry in Australia, hopefully on the Gold Coast

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride