Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

I've sort of been to AW on my own.  In the sense that my teenagers have brought friends as guests and I'm too uncool to go on the rides with them.  That said, AW is quite a different experience on your own.  You have your own agenda  and end up talking to complete strangers from all over the place while waiting in line.

@Mark Shaw you originally said that MI3 was not going to be as big as Abyss and Kraken. This was when you said that due to the changing economy and bad weather patterns it would be a couple of years before we see a new single attraction at the price of 7 million. Has this changed since you said this? If this is true we know MI3 is 7.5 million and Kraken was 7million. So I believe this will be AW's second biggest investment.

I just realised he said single attraction. (can't find the exact post) Maybe there are a few family flat rides….. I am sure you should be able to get 2 flats and some decent theming for 7 million. (Maybe Zamperla) this would more than make up for Bounty's Revenge. But whatever is in stall for us with MI3 and future MI's. I am sure Mark and crew have great attraction coming and they have always managed to impress us lately. I can't wait to see construction commence.

Ok. I will look for the quote once I get home from work. A Gerstlauetr family coaster would be great. I just have one question is it 5million for the roller coaster itself or is that for shipping, construction and theming and so on.

Found the quote:

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 5.35.13 am.png

It does say unlikely.

Edited by Tim Dasco

Exclusive Parkz Media Release:

Three weeks prior to opening the 2016/17 season, Adventure World already has guests planning ahead - announcing the signing of a contract for a new $7.5m attraction slated for September 2017.  

Codenamed “Mi3”, the new arrival continues the group’s commitment to bringing ground breaking theme park experiences to Western Australia.

Mi3 will be the largest ride of its type in Australia, with a cutting edge feature that Adventure World CEO Mark Shaw advises “will literally launch guests to new heights”.

We set the benchmark with Abyss and Kraken and have spent the past year scouring the globe for a new attraction that will continue to up the ante.

Having road tested four of these attractions across three continents, we are confident we have got it right and can’t wait to introduce this exciting new concept to WA”

While planning continues for Mi3’s arrival, this year guests will see a number of improvements in the park. A re-themed Water Mountain, enhanced water effects on Rapids, the relaunch of the Freefall, under the new name “Inferno”, more private resort-style cabanas in Dragon Kingdom and Kahuna Falls, a lush new lawn area, and a new exclusive season pass holder entry.

The season will also see the return of the popular Fright Nights events, which kick off in just under 8 weeks, along with the launch of “Summer Nights” in February, where guests can enjoy balmy summer nights at Adventure World with a live DJ.

Season passes are now on Early Bird Sale at adventureworld.net.au, and pay for themselves in under three visits.

MI3 SIGNING..JPG

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:34 PM, iwerks said:

Tim find the quotes, otherwise you'll just confuse yourself. I heard that Gerstlauer family coasters start around $5 million. Can't find any info on costs of flume rides, although you'd presume they'd be cheaper.

Iwerks,  as a rule of thumb, double the cost of the ride to get total project cost.

Seems like it's going to be vey tall. Ie launch guests to new heights. I can't wait to see MI3 now. So many options for new rides it's going to be hard to guess. I must say I have a feeling maybe the wind seeker idea is coming along. (Tallest in Australia and it we defdenlty launch guests to new heights. Plus it will make up for BR removal.)

4 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Seems like it's going to be vey tall. Ie launch guests to new heights. I can't wait to see MI3 now. So many options for new rides it's going to be hard to guess. I must say I have a feeling maybe the wind seeker idea is coming along. (Tallest in Australia and it we defdenlty launch guests to new heights. Plus it will make up for BR removal.)

A Windseeker? Yeah, I doubt AW would install one, considering the many problems Cedar Fair have had with their Windseekers. A Funtime Star Flyer is a more realistic (and better) option, however as the contract was signed in Europe a Windseeker may be likely. As far as I'm aware all the Windseekers built so far are in North America, and it says Mark tested "four of these attractions across three continents".

5 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Mi3 will be the largest ride of its type in Australia, with a cutting edge feature that Adventure World CEO Mark Shaw advises “will literally launch guests to new heights”.

I really like @Tim Dasco's idea of a star flyer, 'vertical swing' type ride. It also fits what Mark has told us about. Being the tallest in Australia won't be too hard, as I think their is only 1 portable starflyer ride in aus (it's not that tall). The cutting edge feature that Mark describes, "will literally launch guests to new heights", might just be a very fast ascent to the top?

From what I found it cost Cedar Fair $5Million for the first 4 and 6.5 million for the last 2 installation. From what I found this total seems to be including installation, shipping and building cost. (I am not 100% but I think thats what the website says).

So maybe they negotiated a better price and maybe they won't be as tall as other additions in other countries.

Also this was on AW's Facebook page. I think this might either be about BR incorporated in the Kraken theming or Fright Nights as it looks like the Fright Nights logo. (People are also saying on Facebook the Lagoon should be changed into a Wave Pool and a lazy river added. Hmm maybe that will be MI4.)

14141597_10154368403759564_1183819550963811488_n.jpg

Edited by Tim Dasco

A lazy river I believe would definitely be a maximum impact ride. It would soak up a massive amount of people and themed right could be a very great attraction. AW needs its future attractions to have large capacity. But in some countries have some really amazing lazy rivers. IE underwater world Singapore and Water boom park Bali. I am sure AW would take it beyond a lazy river and choose a good layout and theme perhaps with some water effects. Considering they already have a massive pool I wonder if it would be very costly to change it into a wave pool.

plus a lot of people are asking for a lazy river on their Facebook page.

Edited by Tim Dasco

30 minutes ago, dukeofwhales said:

Not saying it hasn't changed but in August last year Mark said that a Windseeker was too expensive "at this moment in time and for the forseeable future"

I compeltly forgot about that. But a sky flyer should be cheaper than a wind seeker because it's smaller and not as tall. This is going to be very hard to determin what it is. 

Edited by Tim Dasco

21 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

MI3 SIGNING..JPG

I'm disappointed @Mark Shaw that you didn't place any hints - even red herrings, clues or false positives in the image to stir the crowd.

I'd have put ride manufacturer brochures splayed out across the desk... perhaps even a B&M one on top to fuel the hype train...! ;)

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride