Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

9 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

A lazy river I believe would definitely be a maximum impact ride. It would soak up a massive amount of people and themed right could be a very great attraction. AW needs its future attractions to have large capacity. But in some countries have some really amazing lazy rivers. IE underwater world Singapore and Water boom park Bali. I am sure AW would take it beyond a lazy river and choose a good layout and theme perhaps with some water effects. Considering they already have a massive pool I wonder if it would be very costly to change it into a wave pool.

plus a lot of people are asking for a lazy river on their Facebook page.

Ah, I thought Maximum impact referred to a large scale thrill ride of sorts, as that's what AW have referred Kraken and Abyss as.

I believed that Maximum impact never referred to size but to the quality of the ride. As Mark has said they are going to try and add at least one MI every 2 years. So it has nothing to do with thrills as that would mean AW will never get anything other than thrill rides. It has been hinted that MI3 will be a family ride to replace BR market. Abyss and Kraken brought maximum impact to AW by increasing capacity, immersion, and world class attractions.

* But a lazy river is a massive ride.

Just saw this on Mack's website how cool would this be. Its a Mack Twist 'N' Splash ride? Obviously it won't be MI3 as it won't launch riders to new heights. But this seems like a great fit for AW.

http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/spin-rides/twist-n-splash/sr-ts-picture-gallery/index.html

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 6.52.25 pm.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 6.53.58 pm.png

Edited by Tim Dasco

The WAtoday finally picked up the story about BR's removal and MI3 announcment. 

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/adventure-world-to-get-new-75-million-ride-but-is-a-bounty-revival-coming-20160901-gr6bb6.html

The "Mi3" will be constructed overseas and shipped to Australia, before being assembled at the Bibra Lake park in July and tested ahead of its September opening.

Adventure World CEO Mark Shaw would not reveal more details about "Mi3" but said he had ridden versions of it in the northern and southern hemispheres and promised it would be worth the wait.

"It's thrilling - but not like scaring the bejeezus out of you," Mr Shaw said.

"I rode it in the northern hemisphere with another 45-year-old male and his nine-year-old son and we all thought it was thrilling."

So it seems like it will be a ride that suits the same market that BR covered. Which is great news.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, Tim Dasco said:

@Mark Shaw you originally said that MI3 was not going to be as big as Abyss and Kraken. This was when you said that due to the changing economy and bad weather patterns it would be a couple of years before we see a new single attraction at the price of 7 million. Has this changed since you said this? If this is true we know MI3 is 7.5 million and Kraken was 7million. So I believe this will be AW's second biggest investment.

I just realised he said single attraction. (can't find the exact post) Maybe there are a few family flat rides….. I am sure you should be able to get 2 flats and some decent theming for 7 million. (Maybe Zamperla) this would more than make up for Bounty's Revenge. But whatever is in stall for us with MI3 and future MI's. I am sure Mark and crew have great attraction coming and they have always managed to impress us lately. I can't wait to see construction commence.

strategy is fluid. I said those things before we knew Bounty's was on her "last legs".

I am getting it tonight. Yay!!! Will be my first time with a season pass. Unfortantly I get my P's in May next year. So I guess Public Transport is the way.  :) 

* Still trying to talk my friends into get them so I don't have to always go by myself. But thats what the 8 40% of tickets are for.

Edited by Tim Dasco

Just trying to work out which thread is most appropriate for the 2016/17 season. Saw this in an email from AW about Inferno and trying to work out what it means:

"We are also excited to relaunch Free Fall as INFERNO. Feel the burn as you plummet 52 stories at 1.2Gs."

Now you can't tell me the ride is 52 storeys high as the Giant Drop is 40 storeys. From what I've read Freefall was 52 metres tall.

From the spelling of stories they could be referring to some backstory to the ride, but I doubt it.

Any thoughts?

Made a flying visit to AW to upgrade to the Platinum pass (from a normal one last year).  Took no photos for a change - plenty of time to do that in a week and a half.

The main car park seems to be nearing completion.  It will probably hold a bunch more cars.  Whilst it was good to see some trees there, they seem pretty small in comparison to the ones they removed.  It's a shame they weren't a little more developed.  

Freefall/Inferno doesn't appear to have been themed yet.  That's just what I could see from driving past.  

The membership gate looks ready to go and has a little queue area inside the park.

I called up beforehand to make sure they hand some platinum passes left.  The process probably takes 10 minutes or so, but I was in and out in five minutes as I brought my card from last year and my details were still on the system. 

Parking was pretty busy in the service area, with just a couple of the visitor car parking bays free.  The reception is quite small, but is neatly presented.  There were cool photos of the Abyss during Fright Nights with the fireworks going off.  Natalie behind the counter was very efficient.  The card and the hat look to be good quality products and the fridge magnet calendar has all the dates on it.

Fright Nights: 27-29 October.

Summer Nights: Feb 17,18, 24, 25  Mar 3,4.

Good Friday Event: April 14.

The package also includes a letter detailing all of the platinum pass member benefits.  Of note:

Member's only entrance will be open every day from 10-11am and from 9.45am on Boxing Day until the end of Jan.

I'm looking forward to using all the benefits like the 50% off for friends, 2 fast passes, the free entry to Fright Nights and the 40% off Cabana hire. 

It's interesting that as a member, you can now purchase your discounted friends tickets online.  That's cool.   

15 hours ago, iwerks said:

Made a flying visit to AW to upgrade to the Platinum pass (from a normal one last year).  Took no photos for a change - plenty of time to do that in a week and a half.

The main car park seems to be nearing completion.  It will probably hold a bunch more cars.  Whilst it was good to see some trees there, they seem pretty small in comparison to the ones they removed.  It's a shame they weren't a little more developed.  

Freefall/Inferno doesn't appear to have been themed yet.  That's just what I could see from driving past.  

The membership gate looks ready to go and has a little queue area inside the park.

I called up beforehand to make sure they hand some platinum passes left.  The process probably takes 10 minutes or so, but I was in and out in five minutes as I brought my card from last year and my details were still on the system. 

Parking was pretty busy in the service area, with just a couple of the visitor car parking bays free.  The reception is quite small, but is neatly presented.  There were cool photos of the Abyss during Fright Nights with the fireworks going off.  Natalie behind the counter was very efficient.  The card and the hat look to be good quality products and the fridge magnet calendar has all the dates on it.

Fright Nights: 27-29 October.

Summer Nights: Feb 17,18, 24, 25  Mar 3,4.

Good Friday Event: April 14.

The package also includes a letter detailing all of the platinum pass member benefits.  Of note:

Member's only entrance will be open every day from 10-11am and from 9.45am on Boxing Day until the end of Jan.

I'm looking forward to using all the benefits like the 50% off for friends, 2 fast passes, the free entry to Fright Nights and the 40% off Cabana hire. 

It's interesting that as a member, you can now purchase your discounted friends tickets online.  That's cool.   

Iwerks

In response to your comment on the trees, I agree, I would have hoped they would have been a little bigger at $300 a pop! Thats what you get though apparently and with irrigation and plenty of sunshine I am told they should double in size each year so they will look great in a few years time.  Congrats on the Platinum pass.

Mark.

Yeah, thanks Mark, so easy to make the change once you're on the system.

Wow, expensive trees. I realise with all the roots you couldn't keep the old ones, but if you saw USS when that first started up, the trees and plants were pretty green from day one. That's the tropics, I suppose.

I remember the early days of AW when the trees and shrubs were ankle height. The place is practically an oasis compared to then.

Behind the scenes seemed really busy. I hope the Platinum passes are going well. Do you think you'll sell out of them?

Was doing some research on possible Mi-3s, today, and here were some of my favourites (I know they don't match all the criteria).

Intamin simulator, which combines a tower and a simulator ride.

Intamin parachute tower, which looks like fun.

Intamin Giant Drop and Super Gyro Observation Tower.

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/

ultra tower.jpg

parachute tower.jpg

Big tower.jpg

Edited by iwerks

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, iwerks said:

Yeah, thanks Mark, so easy to make the change once you're on the system.

Wow, expensive trees. I realise with all the roots you couldn't keep the old ones, but if you saw USS when that first started up, the trees and plants were pretty green from day one. That's the tropics, I suppose.

I remember the early days of AW when the trees and shrubs were ankle height. The place is practically an oasis compared to then.

Behind the scenes seemed really busy. I hope the Platinum passes are going well. Do you think you'll sell out of them?

If we don't sell out it will be very close!  I'd say yes at this stage.

That's pretty exciting. They're obviously priced right for the market, despite what some Facebook whingers might think. I'm looking forward to working out when to use my Fastpasses and cabana discount.

The platinum season pass card is probably the best park card I've ever seen. It reminds me of George Clooney in Up in the Air when he's talking about the graphite American Airlines concierge key.

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride