Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

I've had a look at the photos on this thread and the park is looking very clean and professional! Seems that everything in the park without a theme has now been themed!

The park looks radically different from what it looked like in ~2009, when Turbo Mountain and Bountys was still around. Obviously if it looks radically different it means it looks much better!

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
reasons

I doubt they would extend there early bird sale (no offense mark) as it actually lower there profits. But in saying this, customer satisfaction and more publicity, and people telling people telling people could work in a way, d pending on what margin of profit they are making on the sale, actually, disregard my first sentence, it would probably boost guest numbers a lot during the season. And doing it till when the school term starts is a good idea, because people have their first payday after spending money on the holidays.

Just was thinking about AW's FN's event and how they are introducing Summer nights. I was wonder if in the future we will see a christmas event or even an easter event to try and draw more crowds to come during the April months. Considering April is usually a quite period for the park. Considering FN's has been a massive successes for AW it wouldn't surprise me if more events come about in the future and we have seen summer nights being introduced this season. USS do a good Easter event and christmas event if anyone is interested.

Congratulations @Mark Shaw and team. I saw that you are also finalist in the AIM/West Business Pinnacle Awards for the second year in a row for the category of Customer Service Excellence and you won it last year. I must say this award is very well deserved! The customer service at AW is great. The staff are always so friends, helpful and its makes the day so much more enjoyable. You should be very proud of yourselves and I am so glad I call AW my home park. I am looking forward to visiting soon. The next 3 days are suppose to be 30 degrees and then we go back to the cold rain. :(

Edited by Tim Dasco

Adventure World is thrilled to announce the arrival of a new attraction, Cirque Extreme! for this summer!

“Cirque Extreme! is nothing like you have seen at Adventure World before. Circus Joseph Ashton have been stretching the human limits of circus for over 150 years and have worked on some amazing projects, including with Baz Luhrmann and Nicole Kidman on the movie Moulin Rouge” said Mark Shaw CEO Adventure World . “We are really excited to bring an Extreme! version of these shows to Adventure World this summer”.

Expect to be thrilled by acts like the wheel of death, flying trapeze, extreme contortion, flame throwing, illusion and more. And as with most things at Adventure World – be prepared to get a little wet!

Staged in the huge Ashton Circus big top tent at the base of Kraken, Cirque Extreme! will seat approximately 650 guests with two afternoon shows per day* from 18 December 2016 - 29 January 2017 (excluding Mondays). The attraction is included in the standard entry ticket for the park, providing another AWesome reason to pick up a Season Pass before the Early Bird Sale ends on 23 October - http://bit.ly/2by0K9h

14671325_10154508254259564_574044624788486783_n.jpg

From AW's Facebook page. Seems like a great idea.

This is the equivalent of Dinosaur Island or Prison Break Live - a filler for a gap year. What gets me about this is that we didn't see it coming - they were doing so much else that we thought they'd done enough already.

I think it's a smart move. It'll hit the target market pretty well and be a crowd pleaser. With two shows a day it should soak up capacity and give people a place to shelter from the midday sun.

I hope this is in addition to the kids' 3pm show, which is a different market segment.

12 hours ago, Aw hype said:

Plz tell me this isn't mi3 ??

I had to laugh when I saw this post. Sorry.  "mi" prefixes stand for "maximum impact" and only for permanent attractions.

11 hours ago, iwerks said:

This is the equivalent of Dinosaur Island or Prison Break Live - a filler for a gap year. What gets me about this is that we didn't see it coming - they were doing so much else that we thought they'd done enough already.

I think it's a smart move. It'll hit the target market pretty well and be a crowd pleaser. With two shows a day it should soak up capacity and give people a place to shelter from the midday sun.

I hope this is in addition to the kids' 3pm show, which is a different market segment.

depending on how this is received, it is possible it will become a summer hoildays regular addition for a while.

18 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

AW did say in one comment on Facebook that the new lawn area will house future shows. So I am going to assume so.

Tim

we were planning on using the new lawned area however the usage of this area does contradict the move to create more lan space to spread people out a bit more during busy periods and we would have killed the new lawn. We have created an area at the base of Kraken between Kraken and Race Track for the big top tent which also provides ease of access from the rear and space for trucks. Earth works for this started last week and will be completed this Tuesday/Wednesday.

Mark

• Like 1

• Gazza changed the title to Adventure World 2017- 'MI3' Ride