Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

6 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Can i point out how much of a weird position it is in. I wouldve had my money on it being at the now grassed site of where the wax museum 'swamp' lay. And the theory of two rides from the worker looks to be completely disproven

I 100% agree with the positioning. It is a very unusual area to out it but I guess maybe it was done because it is the middle of the park we all the 'scary' attractions are and when the ride is at full swing it will rise above the hill and ongoing traffic will be able to view it from outside the park.

Now that we pretty much know what the ride is, anyone have an ideas of what this themeing could be used for? Do you guys think it's support for the actual ride or just a large structure that is a part of theming?

IMG_2124.PNG

Edit: Looks like I've answered my own question by looking at Intamin's website and 'Loke'. I know we've seen black supports at AW from photography, but it could be possible that it has been rapped in order to keep the attraction a secret. But this image below shows the same shape of support connection as the theming structure does.

IMG_2126.JPG

Edited by ABYSS

^Not quite sure what you're trying to draw there... :huh:

Someone commented on a Facebook post that it was in the Bermuda Triangle of positions - nestled amongst the other scary thrill rides.  Is it too soon to have another Bermuda Triangle ride?

Otherwise - wood facade - something to do with the guardian's forest?

14 minutes ago, iwerks said:

^Not quite sure what you're trying to draw there... :huh:

Someone commented on a Facebook post that it was in the Bermuda Triangle of positions - nestled amongst the other scary thrill rides.  Is it too soon to have another Bermuda Triangle ride?

Otherwise - wood facade - something to do with the guardian's forest?

I know I have bad drawing haha. Basically I was trying to portray that those supports have the same shape as the themeing pole we saw on creative works' facebook. What I'm trying to say is that I think we will be seeing those themeing poles as our support beams. Not sure though due to the fact that the supports we have seen already built are plane black. Also what Facebook page was that comment made on, could you supply me with a link?

Edited by ABYSS

1 minute ago, iwerks said:

@Tim Dasco - you just got trolled!

@Mark Shaw - any idea if AW has any plans to refurbish their restaurant? It would be so cool if they had character breakfasts or a sit down restaurant. It would be good if they could make it into something like Rick's at MW.

@Iwerks, even if I did know, I couldn't tell you. Remember though, all investment depends to a large extent on performance.  The weather was pretty unkind last season to say the least. I believe this season will be mahoosive though. In MHO, the park will reach a new tipping point with the quantum of dry product with MI3 that will see a minimum of 10% growth on Krakens season. Could be as high as 20% if the marketing is done well and the weather is "normal"