Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

1 minute ago, thrillboy said:

Long time lurker first time poster. :)

Excited for tonight's Today Tonight which isn't something i can usually say! 

The new ride will be a great addition to AW. Is it safe to say AW is shaping up to be the best theme park outside of Queensland or is that a big call?

I think it already had that title. I know Mark Shaw had his eyes set on number one park Australia wide. It was the highest rated amusement park/water park/theme park for the 2014/15 season according to Mark.

6 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Looking forward to Today Tonight, Tonight. If anyone wants to watch it from over east I'm pretty sure you will have to go on 7plus and change location settings to WA 

They don't post today tonight videos on 7plus I don't think. today tonight post all their videos on to Facebook and adventure world always uploads the new stories on their YouTube page also. Should be cool to watch. 

So lap bars Interesting. Some of the theming teasers look very interesting. They said the theme was made in Spain, Thailand and a few other places I missed. This ride looks like an amazing ride to AW's line up and I cannot wait to find out the theme and name. The theme and name are still top secret however the theming took 12 shipping containers.  Is a almost identical clone to Loke meaning it will swing around 45 metres at full height.

Geez 5 cranes required at once to build the tower. 

4 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Abyss gate moved. And judging by the comparison to abyss, the ride 'base', not the swing, looks around 20-25m tall

Andrew Sherry (CEO), I'm pretty sure said the tower was 15m. Also the Abyss gate was moved so it wouldn't be damaged from construction we believe. Also @Tim Dasco the other places were Slovakia, Liptonstine* (Definetly spelt that wrong, never heard of the place) and the Phillipines- Guessing from the same place that Abyss theming was made from Phillipines.

Edited by ABYSS

1 minute ago, ABYSS said:

Andrew Sherry (CEO), I'm pretty sure said the tower was 15m. Also the Abyss gate was moved so it wouldn't be damaged from construction we believe. Also @Tim Dasco the other places were Slovakia, Liptonstine* (Definetly spelt that wrong, never heard of the place) and the Phillipines.

He said the pendulum would be 15 metres in length. I'm referring to the structure already in existence 

The video they posted on Facebook is doing ok. 4.2k views in 20 minutes from the video plus all those who saw it on TV. I know all my non theme park enthusiast friends are messaging me saying they saw it and the new ride looks awesome.

Theming teasers are out. Now the speculation on the theme begins. I think some sort of medieval monster theme. So they picked up the ball now. Let's hope they throw it foward now.

IMG_1753.thumb.PNG.5fae194573c0147587c266e4596bfb2e.PNG

Sorry to double post but they have updated their website to add MI-3. Very interesting theme and story line. Defiantly some animal or mythical creature it sounds like.

https://adventureworld.net.au/rides-and-attractions/mi3/

THE GIANT IS AWAKENING

Adventure World's new jaw-dropping thrill ride will launch this season. 

As every day passes this world-class ride; a solid steel structure of giant proportions takes shape. 

It’ll be unlike anything you’ve seen in Perth before. 

Join our Facebook or Instagram tribes to keep up to date with the latest news

on what will truly be a heart thumping, AWesome experience. 

CroppedImage1170500-ADVE0018-Interim-AW-Landing-Page-Header-1175x500px.thumb.jpg.c8d13248d180f26d04c07bfe65cb848d.jpg

ResizedImage467467-ADVE0018-Interim-Landing-Page-Scroll-1080x1080px.thumb.jpg.3f243dfa0f53db3ed124602d2f80bdf0.jpg

Edited by Tim Dasco