Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

@AlexB basically if you took a river ride and a laser ride like JL, then that's what you get. Or take a lazy river and JL and put them together. That's the great thing with laser river, you have two choices, offering a completely different ride experience.

@Tim Dasco would they class a lazy river as part of MI or just an attraction they add. Definitely think a log ride would be a great ride for the park.

@themagician I would say yes. It would be very good for capcity soaking as they can hold a big chunk of people and with AWS theming standards could be very well themed and AW have stated they want more capcity soaking rides. But personally I would think a lazy river would cost a few mill. So they could do it in a non major capital year.

Keep in they also spent 1.5 million this year on a high voltage power ring, last season 1.5mill on a new car park and Mark said they will be expanding the car park agian soon and that means offices and maintenance areas need moving. But in a few years when they have less infunstructer cost they could do it then.

Edited by Tim Dasco

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I wouldn't consider a Lazy river to be a 'maximum impact' attraction.

I know what you're saying but I know a lot of people who will spend a lot of time at the lazy river.  Especially if it had lots of extras and add ons.  And it's an attraction that would be used by almost everyone.  I'm guessing Mi4 will be a water attraction and I think a lazy river would tick one of their boxes very nicely.

7 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Keep in mind 1 year ago Mark asked us what our thoughts were regarding a lazy river. Perhaps MI-4 could be a lazy river.

I dont think you will see a lazy river for at least 2 years but that is just an opinion.  It makes sense but does cost a lot to install and run.  I know what I would focus investment on going forward but it is down to Andrew and the board now and Andrew is superb at putting plans into action....  Maybe some "out with the old, in with the new thinking?  There is a lot of "old stock" at AW that needs removing/replacing

Edited by Mark Shaw

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

I dont think you will see a lazy river for at least 2 years but that is just an opinion.  It makes sense but does cost a lot to install and run.  I know what I would focus investment on going forward but it is down to Andrew and the board now and Andrew is superb at putting plans into action....  Maybe some "out with the old, in with the new thinking?  There is a lot of "old stock" at AW that needs removing/replacing

Would leftovers of the castle be 'old stock'. That's the only place I can say a lazy river could be put. Or even a dark ride would do good there. It's a bit of an eye sore when u walk towards mat slides/sea serpents. I mean it would be pretty sick to have something like volcano bays new lazy river there, with Hemingway etc to do with the castle. Idk

1 hour ago, Aw hype said:

Would leftovers of the castle be 'old stock'. That's the only place I can say a lazy river could be put. Or even a dark ride would do good there. It's a bit of an eye sore when u walk towards mat slides/sea serpents. I mean it would be pretty sick to have something like volcano bays new lazy river there, with Hemingway etc to do with the castle. Idk

They own a lrage parcel of land to the left or the park. The park has been recently buying more lots of the recent years.

Edited by Tim Dasco

4 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

The land down towards the cockburn ice rink? 

Yup there is also government land back there which I believe they want to try and get as their land surrounds it. Plus behind the main car park there are 3 lots I don't know if AW owns any of them.

Edited by Tim Dasco

@grrofunger do you still have access to RP data and can tell us if AW own more land since 2015? (when you posted that lovely map for us) 

I was reading this article and its amazing to think how much AW has grown since 2011. This article being about their 3 million dollar gamble in 2011 know as Kahuna Falls. Just to think 2 years later they spent 12 million on Abyss.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/adventure-worlds-3m-gamble/news-story/fec0b3222111074cb261442845399d41

AW just posted this on Facebook.

Ever wonder how the theming comes together for our rides? Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes look at the creation of MI3's skull. Both the coloured image of the skull and the line drawing are the same image. Our clever creative types are able to flick between the two images as they're drawing it and build in more detail. What do you think? 
OctopusTree

20108487_10155408228289564_1281898892666528578_n.thumb.jpg.b36fa4b0658769e0953073d2db9b9baf.jpg

20155876_10155408228284564_2976542651417354600_n.thumb.jpg.faf011ed8be68d305b480d2802e732f9.jpg

20228233_10155408228279564_7896797485073740089_n.thumb.jpg.97388c546f4325a3448250f78f57690c.jpg

20155727_10155408228454564_5490089576121225440_n.thumb.jpg.cd08203665548e38f07cb0b57782f455.jpg

Edited by Tim Dasco

1 minute ago, HussRainbow87 said:

They certainly are putting some Disney level theming into this ride! its great to see!

All their theming is made by a company called themed builders. http://themebuilders.net/portfolio_page/adventure-world/ AW has really stepped up the quality of the park and themed most areas. I think this ride will be no exception.

1 minute ago, Tim Dasco said:

All their theming is made by a company called themed builders. http://themebuilders.net/portfolio_page/adventure-world/ AW has really stepped up the quality of the park and themed most areas. I think this ride will be no exception.

The fact that they have built stuff for TOMORROWLAND in Belgium, is incredible in itself. I've experienced that festival twice and its insanely mind blowing!

1 minute ago, HussRainbow87 said:

The fact that they have built stuff for TOMORROWLAND in Belgium, is incredible in itself. I've experienced that festival twice and its insanely mind blowing!

Yeah their theming they make is very high quality. They don't miss the little details. I believe from what I have read that AW hired Themed Builders as a themed architect consultant who help design and then they build the theming. Then the great people at Creative Works paint it all onsite.