Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

On 7/21/2017 at 0:05 PM, Tim Dasco said:

Yeah their theming they make is very high quality. They don't miss the little details. I believe from what I have read that AW hired Themed Builders as a themed architect consultant who help design and then they build the theming. Then the great people at Creative Works paint it all onsite. 

Design credit should go to the excellent team at Atomiq.  Atomiq did Abyss, Kraken and MI3.  It is important to give a clear brief of your vision so they can articulate it. It has to be relevant to the ride/slide too or it won't work.  Kraken worked because the flume is like the tentacles and the vortex is like that which the Sea creature creates when it submerges, taking any survivors into the murky depths with her. Abyss was deliberately timeless, vague and open to interpretation by the guests. The theming for MI3 was done back in August 2016.  The designs were awesome.  Hopefully it will work with Rampage on one side and Abyss on the other.  

Just now, Adam C said:

Excuse my ignorance but which bit is the dive loop? Is it the 90 degree drop at the start?  I always find the camel hump makes me feel odd.  In fact I always get a bit anxious when I approach it.

The dive loop is what follows the main drop. The dive loop is the inversion after the main drop.

I was trying to avoid making this post as I didn't want to make a double post but no one had posted so here it is. So I believe it was about a week ago that my mate @JESSMISTER rode up by AW and took this picture. Looks like they have moved the themeing tent to behind Abyss. Not my photography, it's @JESSMISTER so feel free to thank him, not me.

IMG_2441.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A bit annoyed right now. According to AW website, the Abyss features 4 inversions (over banked turn is NOT an inversion) including a zero g roll,  inline loop? and a cobra roll. I don't know who's doing their website right now, but they are clickbaiting the gp. In factuality Abyss has an inline twist, Immelmann and dive loop.

• Like 1