Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

18 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

hmmm,  It is going to be a great ride. Not the name I would have chosen so a little bit disappointing, just too obvious,  and biblical? why?   The theme was originally supposed to be more GOT meets war craft and as with Abyss, should be more vague and open to peoples interpretation and imagination. Goliath was supposedly (it was a made up story) slain with a sling shot so I'm a bit confused as the ride theme is set up like a trebuchet?  Surely that is the weapon itself, not the giant victim......  most people won't care I guess. 

How does "Goliath' bridge the themes between Abyss and Rampage?  Where is David? Is there a back story?  Probably more importantly, the design elements look too soft on the logo for "maximum marketing impact"  (this is a $7m ride!)  This design feels soft and diluted in terms of impact.. I would have preferred something a bit dirtier/harder/solid,  given the nature of the ride but that's just an opinion. Theming looks pared back from the original plans too which is a bit of a  shame. Still looks good (Well done to Phillip and the incredibly talented team at Atomiq who of course themed the Claw ride at DW and Abyss and Kraken, Theme builders and James at Creative Works)  and with the lap restraints will be a big hit this year hopefully. Fingers crossed for the team as I know they always work EXTREMELY hard on these things for each new season. Good luck and I hope it rocks! 

M. 

Out of interest - what was your pick of name?

Yes, I understand these aren't the most fair nor even comparison photos, but for those wondering how much of a size difference there is between Loke and Goliath, here's a decent look. This is a follow up of my post the other day* 

On 26/08/2017 at 3:34 PM, ABYSS said:

I'm almost 100% certain that it's definitely not as tall as Loke, unfortunately. 

First three are Goliath at AW, last photograph is Loke at Liseberg. I obviously own none of these photographs. (Associated with AW are TT screenshots,  Loke image was looked up in images and saved)

SCREENSHOT GOLIATH 3.png

SCREENSHOT GOLIATH 2.png

SCREENSHOT GOLIATH 1.png

SCREENSHOT LOKE 1.jpg

Someone posted this on AW's recent video on FB. Would look nice with additional touch ups to make it look professional. Would be nice to have a huge clock made out of this and put it in a central area of the park maybe on the rocks of the lagoon or something. Just thought I'd share it with you guys cause I thought it was interesting.

IMG_2799.PNG

9 minutes ago, Minions! said:

Its looks smaller than the claw!?

It's just the angle probably, I'm sure it will look much larger in person when you're right next to it. Don't quote me but I believe the pendulum in 15 metres long. It is slightly taller and also has the new lap restraints, also with 40 seats instead of 32 on the Claw. As mentioned above by others if you have not read.

Edited by ABYSS

Not sure why this debate continues. The ride is the same model and has the same stats as The Claw: swing height is ~28m and it has 32 seats. It's 13 years later so naturally the ride design has undergone some evolution which are most evident in the redesigned structure/mechanics and different restraints, but it's fundamentally the same ride.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not sure why this debate continues. The ride is the same model and has the same stats as The Claw: swing height is ~28m and it has 32 seats. It's 13 years later so naturally the ride design has undergone some evolution which are most evident in the redesigned structure/mechanics and different restraints, but it's fundamentally the same ride.

I think because initially someone (Mark Shaw?) stated that it would be the biggest of its kind in Australia? Technically it might be, by a couple cm or m, due to Intamin redesigning/evolving the ride's structure and seating capacity.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1