Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

I'm no expert, but aren't the prices of the passes really based upon demographics? I think most of the attendees of gc parks are tourists, who won't be buying a season pass. Most of their focus would be on tourism, whereas it wouldn't be at AW. People go to gc for the soul purpose of doing the parks, but don't come to Perth to souly do AW. What I'm trying to say is gc parks target locals for the passes, and so do AW, therefore there's more profit to be made off of season passes over here. I'm pretty sure none of that made sense.

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

Oh come on Tim, seriously. Look - I really want to be objective here, and I acknowledge everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but you are the biggest defender of AW, whether it is deserved or not - sometimes you gotta let it go and acknowledge that AW isn't the perfect park you sometimes make it out to be.

https://youtu.be/VkdP3Nxmtag

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

To be honest, I think they should be charging more than that.

Yeah, they do, that's why it's called the early bird price. Plus, if you really want to support the park, buy the platinum pass.

And, you're right, it's not as good as the GC parks, but then again, they're not as good as Disney or Universal. I get it. AW is a cool place to hang if you want that themepark feeling in Perth. 

I think @grrofunger said it best, without Steve Sicerich that place wouldn't still be in business.

13 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

they will have less of a profit margin which means they have less that they can spend on rides.

But you just did it again. Their margin might be lower, but that doesn't mean they have less to spend on rides.

A corner store, with a 50% profit after expenses still has less money after expenses than a fast food store with a 20% profit after expenses.

15 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@ABYSS it's definatly a brick building so not toilets for construction workers. I think it could be either a storage area, power distribuation room or a fire hydrant building. When they open up I will have a look. 

Sounds good I will also check it out when AW opens. Getting close now!! :)

4 minutes ago, iwerks said:

It was new last season. It's the meeting place. Hopefully, you're going this season? The early bird season passes are pretty good value.

OH IT'S WHERE THE PARK MAP IS!! Yeah I'm getting a season pass this year. I'll purchase during early bird. I think I'm going to get a season pass every second year a season they add MI's atleast until they add another coaster or something I love than I'll purchase every year for a two or more. :)

Edited by ABYSS

@ABYSS it's not the park map. From the photo the park map is to the right of that place. The meeting area is a point next to the old paddle boats lake (now grass area) for people to go as a meeting place. The sign says meeting place.

here is a photo credit to Perth Theme Parks (Iwerks)

IMG_3096.thumb.JPG.624dc4788ed7af969ac115fb18c32a2b.JPG

Edited by Tim Dasco

10 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@ABYSS it's not the park map. From the photo the park map is to the right of that place. The meeting area is a point next to the old paddle boats lake (now grass area) for people to go as a meeting place. The sign says meeting place.

here is a photo credit to Perth Theme Parks (Iwerks)

IMG_3096.thumb.JPG.624dc4788ed7af969ac115fb18c32a2b.JPG

Oh wait so it's literally a "meeting place" (Sorry for ignoring your point @iwerks , I thought you were just saying that the park map area was a general meeting place). That's cool I'll check that out in a couple of weeks I guess. :D 

• Like 1

Sorry I can't provide video evidence but I just hopped on Instagram and saw a sponsored video by AW. It's the goliath sound track with a male voice saying "Can you hear me?" & also "How freaking AWesome is that!". It's basically just an advertisement for Early Bird Season Pass sale. I'll get some screenshots.

IMG_2912.PNG

IMG_2913.PNG

IMG_2914.PNG

IMG_2915.PNG

• Like 1