Goliath - Adventure World’s new Intamin Gyro Swing

Tim Dasco

@XxMrYoshixX A few good points you made. Ever since Steve Stirich brought the park in the early 2000s they have built new ride after new ride. (Keep in mind a large chunk of the team was there before Mark joined including Andrew) From 2000 we got Rampage and in 2002 we got Power Surge. Then in 2003 we got kids cove phase one and phase 2 in 2004. In 2006 we got the Aqua racer followed by shotgun in 2008. Then it goes to your list above.

You need to remember the decision to spend money comes from the board which the owners are on and its not just the CEO's choice. Adventure World is a different park from others judging by my talks at the Park with Ross (The GM) He said the parks strategy is long term and fluid.

From rumours I have heard that MI-4 is still coming in 2019. I personally believe that will be in the form of a lazy river and then hopefully in 2021 a nice family coaster for MI-5. Keep in mind there is a lot of room at the front of the park now.

Its pretty doubtful the park will ever go the way of second hand attraction due to whats happened with Inferno. (I have been stuck on that ride 2 times in a month :) )

Edited by Tim Dasco
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Adam C said:

I meant people who are self employed who can imply they were entertaining clients, etc.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Income-and-deductions/In-detail/Deductions-for-specific-industries-and-occupations/Business-professionals---deductions-you-may-be-able-to-claim/

Entertainment expenses

Entertainment expenses are generally not deductible. This includes the cost of business lunches, and attendance at sporting events, gala or social nights, concerts or other similar types of functions or events. This is the case even if you discuss business matters at the occasion.

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

Two $62 meals with family over the day?

Does it include alcohol?

I don't see why alcohol wouldn't be included but i don't drink Alcohol at theme parks.

As a season pass holder i get 20% off food and drink purchases and food isn't really that expensive there to begin with. I honestly don't think our family of 2 adults and 3 kids could eat and drink $125 worth of food, especially after the discount and if we did it would be just excessive and to use the amount up.

Forcing $125 of food on people who want to hire a cabana isn't a very good value proposition in my opinion. 

I think the alcohol could be included, as it's sold at the Kahuna Cafe and that's where they get the food from. The $125 tab is probably more worth it on a day when the park is open at night and you can effectively have two meals and snacks and drinks all day. I had a drink on Fright Nights, which didn't get the 2O% discount, but I think that was because the bar was from an outside provider.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy 35th birthday AW!! Celebration at 10 this morning was great with drums along the Goliath fence performing the sound track in real life. With news crews recording Mark McGowan on Goliath everyone was very excited for AW. Had a great day today and it was quite busy too! Only unfortunate thing about today was that Abyss was closed as it was yesterday due to issues with the lift hill.

• Like 2

Yeah, I got an invite a couple of weeks ago, but I was already going down south. Great to see the Japanese drummers Taiko On were there. I think I referenced them earlier on in the thread - it's definitely their style of drumming.

In the meantime, I managed to visit Eagles Heritage Raptor Centre, Amazin Margaret River, Xscape at the Cape and Bunbury Wildlife Park. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...