Sign in to follow this  
willsy

Gaint drop idea in my head

7 posts in this topic

Hey Well i got an idea in my head (maybe the first) I reckon dreamworld should take one of the GD gondula off and replace it with a stand up one. What do you people think?

Interesting idea, but why not go the full mile and make it a tilting standup gondola? My thought has always been to take off both gondolas, maybe add a third set of rails (if it is needed for structural reasons) and instead of two gondolas, have one single gondola, similar to one of the Gyro Drops, wrapping 3/4 of the way around the tower. It'd be a dream for capacity - even Dreamworld wouldn't be able to screw that one up too badly.

I had the same idea! Good minds think alike huh?! Unfortunately though I'd be at dreamworld today except for thr fact that i can't find my season pass, or my wallet for that matter. Maybe this Sunday if it turns up..........

Interesting idea, but why not go the full mile and make it a tilting standup gondola?   My thought has always been to take off both gondolas, maybe add a third set of rails (if it is needed for structural reasons) and instead of two gondolas, have one single gondola, similar to one of the Gyro Drops, wrapping 3/4 of the way around the tower. It'd be a dream for capacity - even Dreamworld wouldn't be able to screw that one up too badly.
Tilting would even be better. That 3/4 gondola sound good. or have 3 seprate one with a sit down, standup/tilting and a floorless one or something like that.

The floorless ones look kinda painful tho dont you think? Ive never ridden one tho, has anyone here tried one out?
Yeah they do a bit. I've never been on on but just from the photo's.

the 3/4 idea is a good one, but the seats would need to be out on those "spokes" (like on the 54 rider model) so more seats would fit in, because if the seats just wrapped around the tower close in the circumfrence would not allow enough seats to fit in. Another GD idea is a wind generator on top, one decent wind generator can power a small town, so therefore it could power most of DW.