Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

Here's a quick vid from today.

You can also see about 45 seconds into the video people were being told not to take photos of the incomplete area/over the fence as they don't want to have it seen before it's ready.

I'd read that as the same way Disney doesn't want their back of house seen - DC might not be too happy if an incomplete area was visible and there was construction rubbish or something that made the area look unclean. 

Edited by reanimated35

Thanks so much for posting that, @reanimated35. MW staff have made it pretty clear over the past 48 hours that in this particular circumstance, they aren't ok with currently concealed theming being seen or shared - and there's the proof. 

As I said earlier, waiting one more week isn't gonna hurt anyone if it means respecting the parks wishes. Let's not do any more AndrewH's and play by the rules ?

PS. @Richard I hope you also take a moment to check out the vid as well, so you can see I wasn't overreacting earlier! 

@reanimated35

Capture.JPG

You can also see at 54sec on this video that this lady said no photos inside the shop and 2 hours later photos were posted inside the shop.

(video not included)

I’m not having a go at you @Theme Park Girl and if I could take descent photos like the photos you take I would have taken photos of inside the shop and over the fence.

I can’t see why you’re saying you should follow the directions of the manager but not a staff member.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I understand the no photos of the theming thing. I really can't understand the no photos inside the shop thing though? 

The theming can be justified, but can you think of any reason to do with the shop? It's open to the public anyway. Maybe there's a miscommunication around don't take photos of the area?

7 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I understand the no photos of the theming thing. I really can't understand the no photos inside the shop thing though? 

The theming can be justified, but can you think of any reason to do with the shop? It's open to the public anyway. Maybe there's a miscommunication around don't take photos of the area?

True, but is it up to us to decided whose direction we follow.  Maybe MW want you to come into the shop and not miss it because you have already seen photos of what is inside.

As I said, if I could take a good photo I would have taken photos over the fences and in the shop.  As long as you're not trespassing or being dangerous to get the shot then I'm all for it.

Wow wow wow wow wow. I've just been through the area and on the ride. And it all looks great. Can't wait to see the full reveal. Some things I noticed or will mention. A corner of the shop was sectioned off, more from what we saw the other day. DD did only have one mode of operation. And people asking about how loading works, as I joined the queue I was given a small basket to put loose items in. When at the loading area, you are assigned a colour on either side of the ride. The seats of the ride had a coloured square, which meant that was where you sat. The very middle seats have a height maximum of 170cm. When boarding you walk down the ramped floor to your seat, put the basket in a storage box to the side where the floor doesn't collapse in. And then off you go. 

One thing I think they need to do, is turn the volume on the TVs on the queue down a bit, because you could hear them over some of the sound in the area. Unless they've just done that until it fully opens.

Thought the ride was really fun, and would happily ride it again on my next visit, but maybe not more than once at time. I feel sick after the claw and Pandamonium, this wasn't too bad. Did hear someone say, that could've been a lot more thrilling. But I think that they needed a ride to appeal to more people, and this does that. Well done to MW.

Edited by themagician

1 hour ago, Wyncenuros said:

A lot of shops at shopping centres have the same no photos in store rule...  It is to prevent people from taking photos of merchandise and making their own version of it...

I thought it was more they didn't want people casing the joint to break in later. Not likely an issue for MW. 

I'm not trying to dispute it, just curious the reasoning. 

Yeah its dead simple, they just have heaps of little baskets on hand, so while you wait you can easily gather your stuff together (rather than the usual thing at rides where you end up with very full hands once you get your camera, keys, wallet, sunnies.

Then when you load it takes 2 secs to just pop your basket in the storage, and just as easy to grab at the end.

27 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

does anyone know what happened to the Joker and Harley Quinn statue that was in the area a few weeks ago? 

Blew up. Explosion was seen from space. Caused earthquake in China. 

Or maybe I'm not sure.

They probably either didn't want it seen or they're off adding effects to it. 

Long time reader, first time poster...

Just wanted to say how blown away I am with the effort that MW went to theming the new area. I personally don't have a VRTP pass but after the photos I have seen from @Theme Park Girl and all the other members that have posted photos, I am definitely purchasing one next week to ride this amazing looking ride!

6 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@reanimated35

You can also see at 54sec on this video that this lady said no photos inside the shop and 2 hours later photos were posted inside the shop.

(video not included)

I’m not having a go at you @Theme Park Girl and if I could take descent photos like the photos you take I would have taken photos of inside the shop and over the fence.

I can’t see why you’re saying you should follow the directions of the manager but not a staff member.

I did follow directions... from a different, younger staff member who was behind the counter an hour later. She didn't have any issue with either me or anyone else taking pics (and yes, I asked first!). Otherwise how do you think I got pics if the other woman wouldn't allow me?

I'm all for following park rules and policies, but not just an isolated opinion from one particularly grumpy staff member. If its because she didn't want to feature in any of my photos, I would have been more than happy to oblige. 

Ive said this elsewhere and i'll say it again here.

If the park doesn't want people taking photos of shit. they cover it up - completely. Weeks ago they had bedsheets and such over the statues - now, nothing but a temporary fence \ hoarding, which is easily shot over \ around. 

Having been a photographer in a theme park selling licensed photos where people were not allowed to take their own, you make it almost impossible to police. 

TBH - By having staff 'on and off' trying to stop you taking pictures of various areas, all that does is create animosity - you see someone else take a photo and get away with it, and you want to as well, but then someone tells you you can't, when you clearly saw someone else do it seconds earlier?

I think this 'respecting the park's wishes' thing is bullshit. GO back and read my thoughts on the confidentiality thread again if you need to hear it all again, but in short:

ANYTHING VISIBLE TO MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC, EVEN IF OVER \ BEHIND A FENCE IS FAIR GAME.

If the park came along and asked you not to take pictures of their new rollercoaster until opening day, would you? (Don't say its different because it isn't - its still 'respecting their wishes' - Unfortunately the park doesn't really get to determine whether someone takes a photo of something in a publicly accessible area. In todays modern media world - the picture can be on the internet before the staff member can get close enough to you to tell you to delete it - so if they want privacy - they need to cover their shit. End of story.

TPG - You say to Skeet that it's ok that you took photos of the shop, even though you earlier had a video of someone telling you not to do it - yet you're up in arms about someone else posting photos of the back of house area, and point to a video proving that staff are asking people not to take photos of the statues. Did you stop to think perhaps that the same 'loophole' you've used to justify your pictures of the shop is perhaps the same one used by those who took pictures over the fence?

#takealookatyourself #getagrip

You've shot loads of images over these sorts of fences. But you aren't showing images of the statues over the fences because someone told you (at a PRIVATE TVC SHOOT) that they wanted them kept under wraps, and you think that should now apply to members of the general public who have been freely admitted into an area where you can clearly see whats behind the fence?

#FFS

Exactly. If I choose to respect what the park wishes, whether or not it's considered a "free for all" to others, then it's my personal choice. I'm choosing to respect what has been asked of the GM, whether or not it was at a private event or not. MY choice. I initially didn't tell others off for posting pics, I simply stated that I'd prefer to withhold mine for what I consider good reason. It only turned into a can of worms when others questioned and debated it.  

I'm not changing my stance on it, if others want to blatantly post up photos of everything and (as I see it) potentially risk ruining their reputation with management at the theme parks, even if it's considered "fair game" to them, then that's their choice entirely. 

But I'm not. I'd rather wait a whole week (heaven forbid) for the area to be finished off and, as it happens, leave a few final surprises for the peeps following my blog. 

I agree with @reanimated35, it would be wise to agree to disagree on this one because I am not changing my opinion.

PS. If you read my last post @AlexB, you'll find that I did in fact seek permission and get approval prior to taking photos inside the shop. I simply choose to seek a second opinion on the matter first. 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

I do understand where you're coming from @Theme Park Girl - but being told no, and then yes - what makes you think that didn't happen in other areas such as the statues, thereby making it perfectly acceptable? Perhaps if you went back to the statues and asked permission again you'd have received a different answer? 

You may not have initially told people off publicly - but you certainly had a private whinge about others who were posting things first, and this isn't the first time either. By all means make your own choice to post \ not post... but whether you do or don't - there's no need to make a big song and dance about how you're so fabulous because you're respecting your best mate Greg's wishes or whatever. Just do it. Or don't. And if someone else makes the opposite decision to you - tough luck. 

Whether that reflects on them later when the park decides to invite social media outlets to press calls and the like, who knows... but live with the choice you make without attempting to enforce that on others (as was done from Star Tours, if not this).

Much as I'll be tempted, i'll not weigh into this discussion again*

(unless I really REALLY feel like it)

@AlexB It's not about being 'best mates' with anyone. I run an online theme park blog I happen to care a lot about, and subsequently because of my public image with that, I am recognised when I am out and about. I wish to stay respectful and, in turn, retain a good reputation. Not just with Movie World but across all the theme parks and with my blog followers as well. 

In this case I had seen numerous people asked not to do something, as @reanimated35s video demonstrated, which is why I chose to speak up about it when my initial motive was questioned. Despite the inconsistency, the majority of staff there have made it clear that it's not allowed. 

How that is considered a bad thing is beyond me, and I'm sorry if you don't understand that. 

Honestly it doesn't phase me whether you've chosen to spare me the graciousness of another reply on your behalf or not. As I said,  I'm agreeing to disagree. But you may want to keep in mind that others here are probably sick of reading about it, especially when it's completely derailing the Doomsday topic. 

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback