Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - early/preview opinions and reviews
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I'm gonna say it

I don't like the Doomsday sign

Not the statue or the headlines being torn apart, that looks fantastic, but the font they've used for the actual 'Doomsday' text just doesn't seem to work from my perspective.

The rest looks amazing :) .

Might just be the angle given it bends around the front...  Looks what you would expect in a comic book though...  I am still a little perplexed about such a big sign facing that direction and leaving the rear of the sign on display to people walking past...

Was also a little confused about the Blaze Comics arrow sign pointing to a hole that has been knocked in the wall as well, but guess that could be indicating around the corner and the hole "just happened" to be there...

Either way, we were already planning on heading down next Sunday before the opening announcement was made so shall be good to see it all in person!!!

23 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I'm gonna say it

I don't like the Doomsday sign

Not the statue or the headlines being torn apart, that looks fantastic, but the font they've used for the actual 'Doomsday' text just doesn't seem to work from my perspective.

The rest looks amazing :) .

I disagree. I reckon it's without doubt the best ride signage in the park. I'm glad to see WVTP haven't given up on decent 3D signage -- I was getting a bit worried after the effort over at Junior Driving School (the flat super basic sign on the side of the shed).

Meanwhile, looks like the fog effects aren't happening yet.

Edited by GoGoBoy

19 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@Theme Park Girl photos from inside the shop. Someone most have gotten into trouble!

:lol: Wasn't she a cranky one!!! Obviously got out of the wrong side of her bed this morning :rolleyes:

Just uploaded even more, these are from my Canon so the best quality I can provide....

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

Edited by Theme Park Girl

The detailing and finishing looks freakin amazing! Great pics @Theme Park Girl !

I just wanted to add... Maybe I missed something, and I'm no professional like you guys, but does anyone else think the main sign is facing that direction for underlying/future reason? Maybe down the track there will be more foot traffic coming through from another point there? Just a thought...

34 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

From these pictures, it looks like there will be water coming out from killer croc & smoke coming out from scarecrow & the joker? Looks awesome!

Yes, most, if not all, of the statues will be interactive. So with a special wristband,  you'll be able to activate them to do perform whatever action they are designed to do. Some of those are becoming pretty obvious now ??

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Yes, most, if not all, of the statues will be interactive. So with a special wristband,  you'll be able to activate them to do perform whatever action they are designed to do. Some of those are becoming pretty obvious now ??

Oh awesome :) will these wristbands be given out in the shop? Also, have you noticed any scanning devices near the statues? I'm assuming that's how they will work?

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback