Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

7 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Also, I don't know if pyrotechnics are used at Fright Nights but the QLD Government's list of upcoming pyrotechnic displays mentions displays in Oxenford on each night of Fright Nights. If pyrotechnics are rarely used at Fright Nights, maybe this could be referring to possible fire effects?

MW do have the spray flame mounts on the poles down Main St. The same ones from Carnivale. 

7 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

When there is 2 revolutions, being an even number, there is no 'peak'.

Sure there is...  At the bottom between the two inversions...  The third just gives it a chance to get more speed going and the peak is instead at the top while inverted...

6 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

MW do have the spray flame mounts on the poles down Main St. The same ones from Carnivale. 

The way back machine doesn't show any 'Oxenford' locations for Pyro during the month of April.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160326212229/https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mining/explosives-fireworks/upcoming-fireworks-displays

Makes me think that whatever they're planning, its not the same as Carnivale.

6 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

23 minutes ago, AlexB said:

The way back machine doesn't show any 'Oxenford' locations for Pyro during the month of April.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160326212229/https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mining/explosives-fireworks/upcoming-fireworks-displays

Flame.jpg

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

It also doesn't show anything in Beenleigh for September 9 either but I watched them...

1 hour ago, ashhole157 said:

Is that it? Pretty pointless if you ask me. BTW is there a reason why everyone on here is rude?

I wouldn't say we are rude...  I would just say we don't take to ashholes too well...

Image result for if you know what i mean meme

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

16 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

If they are permanent, they wouldn't be on the list - the list is usually for temporary pyrotechnic displays.

2 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

It also doesn't show anything in Beenleigh for September 9 either but I watched them...

I don't know the display you are referring to but from my experience regarding these types of lists, any display you see that is not on the list is usually an illegal firework display plus if it is anything like NSW's list, displays can be added up to 2 days prior to the display.

11 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Sure there is...  At the bottom between the two inversions...  The third just gives it a chance to get more speed going and the peak is instead at the top while inverted...

I stand corrected.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Stupid quote boxes...

6 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I don't know the display you are referring to but from my experience regarding these types of lists, any display you see that is not on the list is usually an illegal firework display.

QLD state fair at the Beenleigh Showgrounds...

Edited by Richard
Quote box fix

Well that would definitely not be an illegal fireworks display. It is more likely that display wasn't added to the list at those points in time. After all, the lists we have found were either 5 months prior to the display (which is still very early to be added to the list) or after the display (which would mean it was removed).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

4 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

If they are permanent, they wouldn't be on the list - the list is usually for temporary pyrotechnic displays.

They aren't permanent. They only get installed for their night events. 

On 9/27/2016 at 9:50 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

Also, I don't know if pyrotechnics are used at Fright Nights but the QLD Government's list of upcoming pyrotechnic displays mentions displays in Oxenford on each night of Fright Nights. If pyrotechnics are rarely used at Fright Nights, maybe this could be referring to possible fire effects?

Last year they did have a large spray flame i think it was, in the center of the fountain for FN. Maybe there is a possibility of them putting something similar in again.

15 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

They aren't permanent - they don't live on the poles year round - but even if that were the case - explain why they aren't on the list for Carnivale, but they are for Fright Nights?

Definitely not the flame thrower dealies. It is something else.

8 hours ago, lifeofsamage said:

During the Fright Nights opener they use what i'm 98% sure are called percussion pots which is essentially just a loud bang that is classified as pyro. Thats why the time is stated as 6pm (the time of the opener) and not 6-10

Video: https://youtu.be/EuK-ISwJHaY?t=2m25s 

Yes, these are called concussion pots (you were bloody close).

At the risk of derailing the topic - Sorry I didn't see the need to start a new topic to discuss this, but feel free to move \ delete if you think appropriate Mods.

23 hours ago, ashhole157 said:

BTW is there a reason why everyone on here is rude?

Is there a reason? Yes. Take a look at your profile http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/profile/32204-ashhole157/

It shows the posts you have made, and the reputation given to those posts.

The few posts you have there with positive reputation are where you've made a witty, harmless, or a genuine contribution to speculation and discussion - for example your suggestion that Clive Palmer purchased VRTP after learning of the dinosaurs at WNWS.

Then theres the negative ones. There's a lot so i'll try and pick out the most demonstrative:

Come on surely you could tell us more about the slide tower if there just going to announce it next month. Never understood this confidential information crap.

This little gem garnered you a -8 from a wide array of the Parkz demographic. Your reply was to a person called @www worker 2.0 - a person who from past history on the boards appears to be a park employee of some standing, who has shared limited information with us previously that has turned out to be correct. Further - we all well know that employees of the park corporations are usually bound by NDA (non disclosure agreements) that could at best lose them their job and at worst see them prosecuted if they divulge things they aren't allowed to... so this "confidential information crap" as you call it is actually a pretty serious condition of employment. We are lucky enough that cryptic clues, vague descriptions and teasers make it on here well before it is publicly known. Be happy with what we're getting.

(side note - i don't consider WWW's post to be an 'i know something you don't know' it was definite information of an announcement to be made shortly - and wasn't waving it in anyone's face that he knew something we did not... simply building hype.

Another:

hopefully they announce it soon, our parks are so shit when it comes to announcing new rides.

You got a -10 here.

You're putting the parks down for not announcing something, yet the parks have been teasing info for months both for doomsday and for the coaster. The parks have no obligation to release anything until they are ready. Your sense of entitlement is likely what scored you so low here. We all want them to tell us what is coming, but whether we agree with it or not, the parks have their own marketing teams and marketing strategies, and there's usually a reason for announcing \ not announcing something - take Sea World WILD for instance.

I don't think I need to point out your worst post - but I will, gaining a -19 so far for your post of coaster track purportedly making its way down the pacific highway. Now - let's just assume for a moment that you didn't fabricate this yourself and you genuinely believed this 'mate' of yours - the parkz members here tore the picture to shreds pointing out so many reasons why it was a fake \ false description.

I'm sure some of us here consider that you posted that deliberately - and I am included in that group. Unfortunately your current -61 reputation isn't doing you a lot of favours in that regard, and you're probably unlikely to be able to convince many of us otherwise.

A name like 'Ashhole' whilst i'm sure is probably a clever play on words with your real name (most likely Ashley) - it only serves to further depreciate your value here - to the point I saw one member earlier refuse to use your nickname in referring to one of your posts as they felt it was offensive (despite being obvious it isn't, but is close to it)

In summary - stop being a dick. Its ok to have an opinion but be prepared to justify that opinion, especially when called on it. Don't try to downplay dick moves by claiming you were sleepwalking or similar (others have tried and failed). If you're going to post something controversial - like calling out the parks for being shit on announcements in the face of them running very successful back to back campaigns for doomsday, frightnights, and no doubt #UnnamedCoaster#1 in the near future, think about the reaction you're going to get.

Few people on Parkz survive with negative reputation - POP with a whopping -249 from 482 posts and Clayton with -108 from just 26 posts are both either banned, or exiled or otherwise don't come by anymore (thankfully)...

...and guess who comes in third? YOU. -62 from just 16 posts.

So before you start thinking that almost 7000 other people are rude (granted most are inactive but you said everyone), take a look at the common denominator - you... and think about what you are doing to cause the negative attitude towards you.

I don't think you couldn't have worded it better Alex, I think the admins on here will agree with this but your attitude stinks and nobody on here is putting up with it. If I was in the same situation as you at the moment, I would change my attitude for the better before my reputation on the site/community gets worse. I always give new members a chance before I judge them if they are good contribution to forum, unfortunately for you we judged you so quickly but at the end of the day there's only one person who is responsible for this and that's you

3 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I don't think you couldn't have worded it better Alex, I think the admins on here will agree with this but your attitude stinks and nobody on here is putting up with it. If I was in the same situation as you at the moment, I would change my attitude for the better before my reputation on the site/community gets worse. I always give new members a chance before I judge them if they are good contribution to forum, unfortunately for you we judged you so quickly but at the end of the day there's only one person who is responsible for this and that's you

You may need to clarify this. The way you've written in cones across as you're having a go at @AlexB

20 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

They aren't permanent. They only get installed for their night events. 

When I mean 'permanent', I also mean that MW owns them and only installs them for the nights rather than hiring out a contractor and filling in all the paper work for a rarely conducted pyrotechnic display. 

20 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Last year they did have a large spray flame i think it was, in the center of the fountain for FN. Maybe there is a possibility of them putting something similar in again.

Using the Wayback Machine link @AlexB provided, I found that they did have pyrotechnic displays listed in Oxenford last October each Friday/Saturday night (and some Sunday/Thursday nights) at 6pm, 7pm & 8pm - I can only assume this was for last year's Fright Nights.

So whatever it is, it is something that features at Fright Nights but not Carnivale. Is it this?:

18 hours ago, lifeofsamage said:

During the Fright Nights opener they use what i'm 98% sure are called percussion pots which is essentially just a loud bang that is classified as pyro. Thats why the time is stated as 6pm (the time of the opener) and not 6-10

Video: https://youtu.be/EuK-ISwJHaY?t=2m25s 

In the end, after this, I'm starting to conclude that fire effects isn't what is so special about DD at Fright Nights. I suspect it is just extra G-forces on that 2nd revolution like @Luke speculated.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback