Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

2 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Was saddened when we went to use this last night yet the mallets had been removed...  Sure it would have looked great at night ?

You don't need a mallet. It's a basic game. I set it off several times at night. You just need to put weight evenly across the metal plate and you don't need any force. Just put one hand on either side of it and press. 

To be fair Roadrunner 4D is awesome!

I think people on here can get a bit carried away with 'OMG isn't the new thing amazing!'  To me, Doomsday is pure filler, but the park needs a bit of filler so sweet!  Is it a good ride?  It's fine, I doubt I'd go on it unless I was with a group of people who wanted to go on it, but the area around it is nice, and it gives new life to a pretty neglected corner of the park.  That's about it really.

14 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I agree with Santa here, while the ride isn't intense as Arkham or Superman, this and Tail Spin IMO it does a good job attracting people who want to become thrill seekers like some of us

All the people that ride this must be like, wow this goes upside down so many times, i dont know why people say superman escape is scary, it doesnt even go upside down. Nek minute they start crying on the superman, and get scared for life from rollercoasters lol.

1 hour ago, Ryande16 said:

i dont know why people say superman escape is scary, it doesnt even go upside down.

Because everyone's interpretation of 'scary' is different. For me, inversions aren't scary at all. I'll happily go on Arkham Asylum and Green Lantern a dozen times over without question.

But with Superman Escape, I find being launched down a tunnel to 100kmh in just 2 seconds to be a very intense experience which I have to build up courage to endure. Not everyone handles that "leave your stomach behind in the station" feeling very well. 

12 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

does anyone else swipe their RFID band for someone who's watching you just so they can have fun too?  Is it allowed or not encouraged to swipe for other people so they can fork out money ?

I did it last week when I was at the park and when I did, all the kids got shy and walked away when I told them they can have a turn hahaha

2 hours ago, j_m-kelly said:

I did it last week when I was at the park and when I did, all the kids got shy and walked away when I told them they can have a turn hahaha

I'm glad you quoted a post prior to this comment to give it some context, as if it was a standalone post I would be very, very worried...

4 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

I have a couple of times with Captain Cold on a hot day so they can squirt their friends...  But realistically I had to pay my money to be able to use it so they should too...

This is true. However it's not like it costs every time you swipe so there's no loss and not every family can afford the extras so one swipe isn't going a be a problem. 

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback