Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

17 minutes ago, AlexB said:

but - for the new ride, if it relates at all, it would likely only be a pathway - the ride itself is unlikely to use that area. Having  in that spot would have connected the areas...

Lol. Nicely spotted @joz

Not sure if serious...

I type before I think. It creates stupid. We'll call this exhibit F

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

@Levithian i think he meant behind the fence, as in on the grounds of the studio 

And he's right - it would fit.... Like this:

589ebdbe88d12_doomsdayalternate.thumb.png.1ca041456c91176c810979270161039f.png

Doesnt that building say something like production though? Trying to remember from arkham asylum. If its fenced off, it probably falls inside the studios though, so there might have been little chance of reclaiming land if the offices are in use. 

Unrelated though, i remember the studio tours driving through there. Used to see some iconic costumes in windows of the "wardrobe department".

there's no building underneath the square. Yes it would come close, but easily covered with a facade. The new rollercoaster has taken up some existing 'studio' land, so it's not entirely out of the question that it could be done. Obviously the surrounding elements of the ride do infringe on some areas, but they could be made to fit the area - the point is there was plenty of space for the ride, and it's surrounds to fit. Not as much in the Arkham courtyard.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/03/2017 at 11:53 AM, themagician said:

A while back a number of us thought that they needed to advertise the band to really get people interested so the interactive elements were used more often than they have been. Well looks like they came up with a solution

The bands just need more interaction throughout the park.

Why not let me use them to collect points from shooting Aliens on the JL ride (or for riding any of the superhero rides), and then spend them in the Villains unleashed area... or vice versa.

They could also do a Scooby-Doo mystery with clues or interactive puzzles around the park to solve.

The interactive stuff can be a lot of fun and it definitely separates MW from most other parks.  There is definitely a lot of potential to expand the wrist-band concept throughout the park in a much more clever way that adds to the overall experience of existing rides.

On 28/03/2017 at 11:53 AM, themagician said:

A while back a number of us thought that they needed to advertise the band to really get people interested so the interactive elements

Also known as "anyone with half a brain". Evidently this does not seem to include VRTP marketing teams. 

Edited by Reanimated35

Had my first ride of DD on Monday.

The rider sorting into coloured groups was a well thought out idea, with everyone knowing what was going on. We were strapped in and waiting for about two minutes before the restraints loosened. The rideops announced that they had to reset the restraints, but left the buckles done up. Ride started fine after that.

The ride certainly felt very controlled, I guess I was expecting a not natural swing feel like Claw. The slow parts while inverted were fun, although it led the poor young lady across from me to have a wardrobe malfunction (I was a gentleman).

Edited by Glubbo

Basically there are two types of Swing ride. Some use a series of kicker wheels to give the gondola a bit of a boost and then it freely swings under the force of gravity. Other types have the drive motor geared directly to the gondola so the speed is always controlled at any point.

Think about like the difference between giant drop and Batwing spaceshot. Giant Drop is a natural drop but on Batwing you are actively force downwards

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

A 'not natural swing feel' 

I dunno what that means...

The Claws' swing seems fairly natural to me

I don't even understand what I wrote! I meant that Claw swings, DD is controlled at all times. @Gazza worded it perfectly.
I guess was expecting a more natural swinging feel, despite the off-ride videos I'd seen.

I did enjoy it, despite riding it in the middle carriages. Is it better at the front/back with nobody to look at?

3 hours ago, themagician said:

I've ridden it twice and both times I've been on an end (this was mainly due to my heat, and the original height restriction with the central seating)  

Do they take your temperature before each ride? 🤔🤒

Edited by rac2703