2016 Golden Ticket Awards are in

Santa07

Here's the results, I preferred the Hawker Poll for rating coasters, but winning one is a good selling point for a park:

http://goldenticketawards.com/2016-2/

Of note:

Europa voted best park, ahead of Cedar Point

Fury 325 voted best coaster, ahead of Millennium Force

Lightning Rod at Dollywood voted best new ride

If the Golden Ticket Awards were just for Australia, I wonder who'd win...actually I don't..I think Movie World might do OK.

Edited by downunder

I could make a side trip to Tennessee the week after next and I've got Tuesday and Wednesday free, and they're open Wednesday. I'll have to come over from the west coast...dammit I can't decide. Nah do it next year.

Gosh, RMC keeps hitting home runs, though the problems with the launch system may scare off some future clients. From what I heard the contractor they used for the launch had never done something like that before. So many people I know went there and missed out, but it looks like it's fine now.

I like that Knoebels ranks so highly, it's just such a cool place and Phoenix is more a near-death experience than a coaster. Extreme airtime plus buzz bar equals coaster heaven.

I like that Knoebels ranks so highly, it's just such a cool place and Phoenix is more a near-death experience than a coaster. Extreme airtime plus buzz bar equals coaster heaven.

I was the opposite with Knoebels and thought it was a very overated place....Dated facilites and gravel paths so it felt like you were at some showground in Dubbo, and it did have some good rides, but the rest of it was pretty carnival standard.
But I'm not allowed to say any of this because it's a family owned place, right?

2 minutes ago, Slick said:

Why didn't Motocoaster get an award though?

"Best improperly classified high thrill coaster that really should be marketed as a family attraction" just missed out on being a category, along with "Best indoor coaster that still requires just a few more lasers to be perfect again". 

17 hours ago, Gazza said:

I was the opposite with Knoebels and thought it was a very overated place....Dated facilites and gravel paths so it felt like you were at some showground in Dubbo, and it did have some good rides, but the rest of it was pretty carnival standard.
But I'm not allowed to say any of this because it's a family owned place, right?

I totally understand and respect your point of view and preferences - it can be a love or hate kind of place.

I'm the opposite, it was the lack of concrete that I liked personally, and being in the middle of nowhere in a forest - to me it was kind of an antidote to the big corporate parks (and I was on the last day of a tour that had plenty of big parks involved). I thought the dinky carnie rides were cute (some were a lot of fun), but the high points were what I remember with the most fondness - I spent a big part of my day (and night) riding Phoenix, the bumper cars (the GCI guys were getting them airborne lol), and the Haunted House. Since I went, Black Diamond, Flying Turns and Impulse look like fun additions.