Entry Process For Tourists?

Dreamer747

Hi all, I have been lurking quietly here for about a month now. I finally signed up to ask probably the most stupid question ever, but I am hoping you can help as all my google searching, searching of these forums and internet review reading has got me nowhere. 

What is the actual entry process for people arriving with pre-purchased park passes at each of the parks? For Dreamworld. Seaworld, Wet & Wild, Movieworld, Jamberoo, Wet N Wild Sydney and any others located in Australia?

In my searching, I have read all kinds of weird stuff, eg some places have forms to be filled in, some places have long queues, some places have people getting in the wrong lines, etc. I also understand many of you here are long term members of the parks with various memberships, but I also have been reading here long enough to guess you are the best place to ask this question.

Also, if someone has purchased the 7 day Dreamworld/Whitewater pass that includes Skypoint and is staying on the Gold Coast, would it be better to drop into Skypoint and do the needful whatever one may need to do there, and what exactly do they give you to enable you to enter Dreamworld/Whitewater?  Do you then have to queue up to get into Dreamworld, or is there a fast entry system for people who have already sorted their pass out?

I would ask the same question for the 7 day Seaworld/Movieworld/Wet N Wild/Paradise Country pass - what exactly do they give you to enable you to enter?

Finally, what are your best tips to get through the entry process quickly?

Thanks! :D

Hi Dreamer! In my past experience, generally you have to either print off the confirmation email that's sent to you apon pass purchase, or show it on your phone when you get there. They then allow you entry into the park to pick up your pass from the processing center, which you can then use elsewhere.

Best tip to get through the entry process quickly is, naturally, to get there as early as possible. That way you'll be at the front of the queue ;)

Cheers :)

Generally if you've pre-purchased your tickets and have a printed copy it's very easy to get in - there's good signage outside every park that'll tell you where to go depending on your type of ticket. First time getting in might take a while to get everything processed, but I believe once you've gotten into one park, you'll be able to get into the other parks really easily (keep in mind that you'll have to do the processing again if you go to a different theme park chain, ie DW/WWW opposed to MW/WnW/SW/PC). If you have any problems, ask the staff out the front.

This is what Adventure World does and I assume the other parks would be similar. When you pre buy your tickets you will be sent the ticket and you should print your ticket. Once you arrive at the park some (like Adventure World) have a separate entrance for Pre-paid tickets. So you simple go to that entrance following signage and present your ticket to get in.

For the 7 Day pass for MW, SW, WNW and PC you will need to line up at one of the booths at the main entry and they will more than likely ask you to fill out a form while in line at the booths. You give this form and your ticket(if bought from themeparks.com.au you can present it on your phone) to the person in the booth. The form helps them enter your details quickly without having to ask for things like spelling. They will then need to take your photos for the passes one by one and will print them there on the spot for you. This pass will then let you use the express entry lines to get in at all 4 parks for the 7 days without needing to visit a booth again so it is always best to do it at the first park you go to. 

I do not know what the processes are at DW, WWW and the Q1.

On 17/09/2016 at 7:48 PM, Dreamer747 said:

What is the actual entry process for people arriving with pre-purchased park passes at each of the parks? For Jamberoo, Wet N Wild Sydney and any others located in Australia?

Finally, what are your best tips to get through the entry process quickly?

Welcome to Parkz, @Dreamer747!

I'm best helping only with Jamberoo. I haven't been to Jamberoo for a few years but hopefully will be this season so I'll take a guess on how Jamberoo's entry process works based on my previous visits. If I visit again, I'll give you an update - hopefully you haven't visited by then if I end up being slightly wrong! But basing it on my previous visits, pre-purchased park tickets are printed off via e-mail then at the park, head to the main entrance building, head to one of the entrance tunnels (I don't think it matters which one), they will scan your ticket, ask for your postcode (or if you don't have one, where you are from probably), give you a park map etc. & then they let you head to the turnstiles which allow you to enter the park.

My best tip is to get to Jamberoo early - not just because of any possible long queues at the entrance gate but because the Chairlift & Bobsled always get big queues at the start of the day. As there are only 4 dry rides in the mainly water theme park (the other 2 dry rides being Landscape Golf & Jamberoo Express), people decide to head to the Chairlift & Bobsled first for 2 reasons:

1. You cannot ride the Bobsled with water dripping on the track. Otherwise, the brakes might fail.
  2. Saves changing (and rushing if near the end of the day) from swimmers back into dry clothes.

So get there early, find a nice spot to be your 'base' for the day & then head to that Chairlift queue as fast as possible (only way to access the Bobsled)! Unless, of course, you decide to try it at the end of the day - just give yourself enough time & make sure you are all dry.

Thanks everyone for your informative replies. :) 

We're going to try visiting Skypoint before we go to Dreamworld and see if that might help us get in a bit faster at Dreamworld.

Jamberoo Fan - Jamberoo is my local theme park so I might try a season pass there this season. I have only been once before, bit slack I know.

51 minutes ago, Dreamer747 said:

Jamberoo Fan - Jamberoo is my local theme park so I might try a season pass there this season. I have only been once before, bit slack I know.

Nah, you're not slack - everyone's situation is different but we are all theme park enthusiasts. I've been a few times to Jamberoo but haven't been since before Funnel Web opened so I got a lot to catch up on. I'm missing the G-forces of theme park rides in general too so hopefully I can visit heaps of theme parks again soon.

• 4 weeks later...

We head up next week and have a 7 day pass to Dreamworld. I'm going to try and sort it out at Skypoint before we head out to Dreamworld because that is very close to where we are staying. 

I will let you know how that goes because that is the one question I could not find an answer to on the web at all. :/

Thanks again for all your info! ;)