Great Escape closure

Aw hype

13 hours ago, djrappa said:

Got that's the worst add ever. 

Did they have a AWL rapid raft slide of death like Wet n Wild had?

The raft slide looks a hell of a lot faster in the ad than it is. Before it closed, and for as long as I remember, the slide shown had singular black donut tubes. Perhaps with the management changes and health and safety stuff the water pressure was lowered and tandem riding no longer existed. One thing I find interesting is I believe the owner of the land owned all the equipment on it and hired companies to 'lease' the property

40 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Anyone care to not be a do gooder and link the video of the abandoned park?

The video was removed from the internet. But they climbed through the slides and walked on top of the slides. They also climbed the Jungle mountain and the ropes course.

To sum up they did stupid stuff that if the had of fallen they would have died very easily.

34 minutes ago, iwerks said:

There's some fresh graffiti on top of the waterslides now, too. The work looks more like demolition than construction. It's interesting that the slides seem to be included too - they're not just removing the  ropes course.

What is there to do with 25 year old slides though? Other than take th m to places like ern halliday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:25 AM, strop said:

Something makes me think that WNWs twisters went to an aquatic centre in the ACT. Whether they’re still there, it didn’t eventuate (or my memory isn’t what it used to be), I’m not sure...

Does that ring a bell with anyone else?

Yes they came to Big Splash in Canberra. They sat out the back for a long time before they were installed. I used to park in the pool carpark when I worked in the area and slowly watched them being built. After they were built they didn't open them for the first season but have now since opened.

The best thing about Big Splash is that their prices have remained fairly static for as long as I can remember, though I still think that it is a bit pricey.

I won't post the video but there is footage on youtube of people roller skating through the slides during the closed winter season if people are interested, it was done by a group of local "Jackass" wannabes.

Here is their website:

http://bigsplashwaterpark.com.au/

14 hours ago, Adam C said:

It appears the Great Escape has risen from the ashes.

DA58C2B7-5805-4DE6-B190-8D4670672895.jpeg

3C4AD393-66E8-4896-8531-4467FE28CFFA.jpeg

I feel like this will be a placeholder before they hopefully start construction on something better in winter (they would probably like to get some revenue from the site over summer). I mean realistically, is an inflatable park right around the corner from chipmunks really viable year long?