Movie World Fast Track & Dreamworld Ride Express

Shadovv

Hi all, my partner and I are heading to DW/MW this weekend and I know its going to be packed so we are trying to get the most out of it. 

We've looked at DW site and have seen ride express - the silver one for $55 each seems worthwhile, yet expensive. I see they have a phone app which you can use - I assume each ride that supports it has a little box or somewhere to leave your phone while you are on the ride? Also how does it determine what is 'half' of the wait? 

Does MW still have fast track? The latest news I can find is from 2013, but I thought I saw FT signs up on pictures from Doomsday? Why is there no mention on their website if it still exists?

Looking for any info on both of these services as well as your personal opinions and experiences, thanks!

I can't comment on Ride Express has I haven't tried it out yet

Movie World still has Fast Track, the reason they don't mention it online is because they don't sell it online as it can only be purchased in the park, if you get the Unlimted  Fast Track pass I believe you get one free go on the Arkham Asylum VR

I hope this help, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask us

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

5 minutes ago, Shadovv said:

So it just lets you jump the queue correct? Are you even likely to be able to use 4 on the busiest rides in 90mins on a really busy day?

Watched some people walk onto Scooby Doo when the queue was 45 mins plus today...  They do make you wait a little bit but as in a couple of dispatches before they call you through so the general queue does make some progress as well...

5 minutes ago, Shadovv said:

So it just lets you jump the queue correct? Are you even likely to be able to use 4 on the busiest rides in 90mins on a really busy day?

Kind of. You go up the exit lines instead of the queue. Your wait time may be reduced from say 60 mins in the normal queue to 5-10 mins in the fast track queue. Sometimes you'll be lucky enough to get straight on. 

Ride express is slightly different. You have a Q-Bot, or you can use your mobile now I think. Have a look at the ride express site for an idea of the wait time. Basically you choose the ride you want and it puts you in a virtual queue. Once your Q-Bot buzzes, you go up the exit and show the attendant who will let you on. You may have to wait 1-2 cycles depending on how they've grouped the riders. 

As for how it works, http://accesso.com/loqueue-overview/q-bot/

9 minutes ago, Shadovv said:

So just to confirm RE: using a mobile for ride express, all the rides have somewhere relatively secure to put your phone for each ride?

Yep! All of Dreamworld's rides that require you to 'secure all loose articles' have some sort of pigeon hole/storage box/storage container, that you can chuck your stuff in. Obviously it's not as secure as a safe. I have never had anything stolen.

MW's unlimited fast track is great value, you'll get on within 5 minutes of arriving for all rides, if not straight on (Doomsday, GL, and JL were basically putting the fast-track-ers straight on when I used it on Saturday).

Dreamworld's is quite overpriced, and generally it's queues are shorter than MW's overall so you could maybe do without - just make sure you get Buzzsaw and ToT done early because they generally attract longer queues.

6 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Better then paying 600 bucks for six flags platinum pass ☺

Flash Pass varies depending on which park you are at and the $600+ price is for an annual Gold Flash pass (eg SFMM is $800 full price) which is around 9 visits then you start saving money. Good idea personally and something I would have if I was a park local there.

Personally think the setup they have at parks other than Movie World (Dreamworld/Wet'n'Wild Sydney) is much fairer in that you still have some form of wait instead of just walking straight on.

7 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Dreamworld's is quite overpriced, and generally it's queues are shorter than MW's overall so you could maybe do without - just make sure you get Buzzsaw and ToT done early because they generally attract longer queues.

Dreamworld's isn't that expensive. I agree in saying unless you are going during a peak period I personally wouldn't bother with Ride Express.

10 hours ago, pin142 said:

Flash Pass varies depending on which park you are at and the $600+ price is for an annual Gold Flash pass (eg SFMM is $800 full price) which is around 9 visits then you start saving money. Good idea personally and something I would have if I was a park local there.

Yeah when i went to SFMM last year we made a bold decision to go the day our flight arrived in LA because it was the only time we could go. So about a few days before we left i convinced my family to go (haha best thing ive done in my life), so we pre booked and printed the tickets out online which cost about 800 all up ( including 5 platium flash passes). We ended up getting to the park at about 12:30 and left at around 5:30 and got to ride

2x Goliath 

2x full throttle 

2x ninja 

2x riddlers revengr

1× superman 

1x apocalypse 

1× X2

2× canyon blaster and gold rusher ( only cause had a younger cousin)

The pass was definitely worth it seeing the que times were about 45-60 minutes for goliath, riddlers revenge, superman and apocalypse. About 30 min for ninja, about 15-20 min for the 2 kids coasters, and about 90 minutes for full throttle and x2. 

If anyones going for the day would recommend highly.

I purchased the unlimited fast track today and it was well worth the money! We went on every ride (that's included in the fast track) twice before 3pm with an hour break during 5-6 time period we were at the park. We also did Arkham twice at the beginning of the day as the line does get long since it is school holidays and the new addition of VR can lengthen it when there malfunctions. Though, I do highly recommend taking advantage of the VR because it's an amazing experience!