Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

• 3 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

Saw them doing the netting as I was pulling into work, you can barely see the netting with this one (this was best picture I could get when I was coming in, don’t have my camera on me) 

DAC6193C-83A0-438D-BE12-1ABE61761B73.thumb.jpeg.7ec88274b121be0de0327253a17ba0ad.jpeg

Theres a forklift on site with them installing one of the nets rn

7C6E3B63-831E-4100-A071-4F4B3EE633C0.thumb.jpeg.e25c38c343def56b82177be913615740.jpeg

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2

^Just as a random aside - this isn't to try and nitpick, i'm not having a go - but i guess just to educate those unfamiliar with them that it looks as though they are using a telehandler, rather than a forklift. Both usually have 'forks', and both can lift (which is why many will just call them a fork lift) one is just capable of basic vertical movement, whereas the other has an extendable (*tele*scopic) boom, so it is a little more versatile in it's capability.

image.png.c7464d9dd239d60e95438fb9b005b2c0.png

Cue flames from those who dislike my pedantry.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, xRazzBerryx said:

I believe they will be building cages around the tee mats incase someone lets go of their golf club. It will look something like this..

Yeah I've seen a few videos of drunk dudes falling off the edge and into the netting after a bad swing.  

I am far too excited as an adult this project to be completed!!

Edited by CantHitBallsStraight

i'd honestly thought part of it might be a bit of a promo \ scoreboard type thing, but advertising and\or showing "the big game" so people can watch while they bash balls isn't a bad idea. obviously unique because none of their other installations have a water tank right beside them, but i do hope that they actually make good use of these things.