Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

For those interested, Top Golf has released pricing ahead of their opening.

Prices are per hour, per bay, with up to 6 people allowed to play per bay, so the more playing a bay the cheaper cost per head.

$5 membership fee must be paid once per person to register your shots 

Mon-Thurs 

open til 5pm - $55 per bay 

5pm til close - $65 per bay 

Fri - Sun

open til 2pm - $70 per bay 

2pm til close - $80 per bay 

Pricing is about where it should be. Food and Drink pricing is yet to be announced.

Edited by Glubbo

Definitely not for me at those prices!

I don't mind though. KDV driving range is a pretty similar experience really, and at $7 for a small bucket or $14 for a large one it's only a small fraction of the price. You get as long as you like for that, on as many bays as you like, any day, any time!

Each to his own though!

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2017 at 11:26 AM, Richard said:

The ground level is essentially a typical driving range aimed at hardcore golfers. This is definitely a significant part of the market for Topgolf despite the attraction being about much more.

@Richard
 Do you think these are the prices for the hardcore golfer on the ground level or is there more to come?

On 3/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, joz said:

Cue complaining from people who don't have friends to split the cost..

And the winner is push.

4 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Definitely not for me at those prices!

Hey guys, I’m an avid golfer (handicap 9) and I’ve recently been to TopGolf Vegas as well as KDV and the likes.

Topgolf is a completely different experience to a typical driving range as others have already said. I wouldn’t go to topgolf just to hit golf balls, it’s designed for friends and a great night out. 

The clubs they give you at topgolf are there for a bash around (not sure if you can bring your own) so don’t expect to be hitting them like you normally do.

I think pricing is very reasonable and they will usually have bands playing and entertainment on so you can hang around for longer.

Just my 2 cents 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@Richard
 Do you think these are the prices for the hardcore golfer on the ground level or is there more to come?

And the winner is push.

That's one of the wonderful things about the internet. It provides ignorant people the opportunity to insult people they have never even met, and there's no consequence for them!

No one insulted you Push. Stop taking everything so personally and looking for a reason to be offended... I get that sometimes your opinions open you up to retorts and some ribbing, but it’s done in jest mate. 

I’m sure anyone on this forum would happily grab a beer with you on a monorail if the opportunity came about or would happily have a chat if they ran into you in a dark (walkthrough) alleyway. 

At $55 per hour at the cheapest is it more than reasonable for two people. The only people I see having a problem with it is someone with no friends but honestly this type of attraction is clearly aimed at a group. Would  be like going to Strike or Kingpin without friends, might as well just stick with a traditional bowling alley instead.

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

No one insulted you Push. Stop taking everything so personally and looking for a reason to be offended... I get that sometimes your opinions open you up to retorts and some ribbing, but it’s done in jest mate. 

I’m sure anyone on this forum would happily grab a beer with you on a monorail if the opportunity came about or would happily have a chat if they ran into you in a dark (walkthrough) alleyway. 

I'm just showing that, whilst it's certainly not my preference, I am just as capable of dishing out pointless insults to strangers as anyone else is! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 1:26 PM, STE4LTH said:

Hey guys, I’m an avid golfer (handicap 9) and I’ve recently been to TopGolf Vegas as well as KDV and the likes.

Topgolf is a completely different experience to a typical driving range as others have already said. I wouldn’t go to topgolf just to hit golf balls, it’s designed for friends and a great night out. 

The clubs they give you at topgolf are there for a bash around (not sure if you can bring your own) so don’t expect to be hitting them like you normally do.

I think pricing is very reasonable and they will usually have bands playing and entertainment on so you can hang around for longer.

Just my 2 cents 😀

I have just been to Vegas and went to Topgolf as well.

I'm a casual golfer and really enjoyed Topgolf, its more than a driving range.

Beers were flowing , food was being delivered.

Plenty of different 'games' to choose from for competition and banter with mates.

The screen replays your shot and gives you info like speed,drift etc - 

I can see it being a big success. Was pretty fun.

(you can rack up a pretty big bill in a hurry) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was just in an Event Cinema in Sydney and there was a pretty good add for Topgolf. I think that it is good that they are letting people know about it in other states but I do not think that it will get people to go up there just for Topgolf alone. Maybe if they had did the add for the VRTP parks and included Topgolf as a big new separate experience like paradise country it would have worked better.

10 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

I was just in an Event Cinema in Sydney and there was a pretty good add for Topgolf. I think that it is good that they are letting people know about it in other states but I do not think that it will get people to go up there just for Topgolf alone. Maybe if they had did the add for the VRTP parks and included Topgolf as a big new separate experience like paradise country it would have worked better.

I think the angle is probably 'next time you're holidaying up here, add this to your theme park day...

From an Australian point of view, Top Golf is a totally new leisure activity, tying the marketing to the theme parks would just hold it back. Top Golf isn't a theme park nor should it be marketed as a something to experience with the theme parks.

Also for most people, nothing on it's own is the motivator when it comes to travel, tourism is a 'critical mass' sort of thing. People don't travel to the Gold Coast for just the theme parks or the beach or the nightlife or Outback Spectacular or the shopping or any of the other attractions dotted through Surfers, they travel for all of it. Top Golf is something else to add on to the pile of 'Well I've wanted to go for ages and now I want to go more', tying it to just one thing would be foolish.

The other thing is that it's much harder for people to alter their plans once they get here and its harder to get your message out. Once people get to the Gold Coast many often already know how they're spending their time so it's a tougher ask getting them to change their plans. It's also made more difficult because when you go to the brochure stand at the hotel Top Golf becomes just another thing to do in a sea of things to do. Now obviously this doesn't mean no one is flexible with their plans or it's not worth advertising on the Coast, but the point is that it's worth marketing at all points along the way, from day dreaming about places to visit to planning to 'what shall I do tonight?'. Top Golf absolutely should get it's own unique advertising everywhere, leave it to Gold Coast tourism to include Top Golf in compilations of the whole destination.

• Like 4